collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Hair Treatment  (Read 4688 times)

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
Pony Hair Treatment
« on: November 02, 2018, 08:23:33 PM »
Hi,
I really wanted to know if there was a solution to a problem that I have been having with one of my G4 brushables, Blossomforth. Back in May, I got this pony from a lot listed on an ebay auction. When she arrived, I noticed that the ends and middle of her hair was split, dry, and matted. I believe that the previous owner took her in a pool or tub and just never brushed her mane out leaving it in its sad state. Ever since then, I have tried multiple times to restore her hair back to its original sleek and shiny state with a curling iron, lotion, conditioner, and shampoo. While the results have proved the method to be much more effective, her hair does not shine as much as a g4 in regular condition. Whenever I try to style her hair-especially when curling it with straws and bobby pins, the style never stays in place as her hair is dead straight with the tips dry. Is there anything I can do? Will fabric softner work?  :sad: Sorry I don't have any before pics as I started her hair treatment three days after receiving her.

[moving to PC ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 10:53:22 AM by Kiwi »

Offline Skybreeze

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Hair Treatment
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 10:15:01 PM »
I think this should be posted elsewhere, but this is what I’ve done:

I have had a lot of success with stubborn hair using coconut oil. I usually leave it on the ponies hair for a couple of hours depending on how dry the hair is. Once it’s been soaked in the coconut oil, I will then wash it out in hot (near boiling) water. Then just pay dry the hair, brush it out, style and dry for a few days. I leave “drying” for a few days to allow the hair to set and relax with the curlers in the hair.

I’ve had G4’s as well as terrible G1’s with hair I thought I was going to have to re-root but now are gems in my collection thanks to this method.  :good:

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 07:54:52 AM »
Thank you so much I'll try this :accomplished:
and sorry I posted it in the wrong category as I'm new to the arena.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 01:52:50 PM »
 I wish I could help you with your G4. I use all the methods you have described with G1 but the quality of the G4 hair is not that great.  Keep trying.  Hopefully the coconut oil will work.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:55:59 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal