collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Midterm election is coming up, time for us to VOTE VOTE VOTE!  (Read 8241 times)

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
Midterm election is coming up, time for us to VOTE VOTE VOTE!
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:01:38 AM »
On November 6th, Americans have a chance to stand up for friendship, harmony, honesty, kindness, inclusion, intelligence, equality, and so many more of the social values represented in My Little Pony ...by GOING TO THE POLLS AND VOTING! If you’re on the fence about participating in the upcoming election, PM me and I will help you find your polling place, draft an email to your boss if you need time off to vote, explain what to do if you’re not on the list at your polling site, preview your ballot and the understand the questions on it, and...I’ll send a little pony package to anyone who votes for their first time! Come talk to me!

Some of my favorite resources:
Ten Terrible Reasons to Not Vote (and two good ones), vlogbrothers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avj7XUDCdEk

Vote Save America's voter registration guide:
https://votesaveamerica.com/ballot

4 Research-Backed Ways to get People to Vote:
https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/4-research-backed-ways-get-people-vote
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:18:29 AM by aquamarinemolly »
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Midterm election is coming up, time for us to VOTE VOTE VOTE!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 08:11:36 AM »
This is my first time voting! If anyone has any sites that can help me figure out what each candidate is fighting for, I think it'd be lovely if they were shared for everyone to see! As usual, the TV ads are very unhelpful.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline aquamarinemolly

• ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:19:39 AM »
Yes, definitely! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! ^.^ I'll PM you, and I also added some resources to my original post.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 09:26:19 AM »
Just going to pop my head in and post a gentle poke to please keep things civil.  The posts soo far are fine but this is just preliminary as politics can get quite heated.

Ill be watching the results next week.  Best of luck to everyone <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline aquamarinemolly

• ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 10:06:00 AM »
Thank you Melody! :cool:

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 10:18:53 AM »
I think it’s great you are reminding people of the importance of voting - whoever you vote for, use your democratic right and have your say, especially if you’re a woman!

I remember my first time voting, it was so exciting to know what I’d had a small say and played a small part in politics of my country. Your vote always counts, even if you don’t get the outcome you want!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 03:10:43 PM »
I'll vote. My state is pretty much hopeless, but I'll still vote. I'm thinking the results of this election will strongly push my family to move to New England sooner.  :lol:

|My Collection|

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 03:55:01 PM »
Great resources, Molly. :) I'm from Canada, but I do follow US politics since my BF is from Pennsylvania. Regardless of who anyone supports, giving voice to your beliefs and supporting the candidate who supports those beliefs is very important. Democracy is a gift and a privilege and we should not waste it.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 06:55:55 AM »
I took advantage of early voting so I don't have to wait in line at the polling location on voting day.

I also remember my first time voting. My state still had paper ballets back then. I remember it felt like I was really an adult because I was old enough to vote.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline aquamarinemolly

• ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »
I'll vote. My state is pretty much hopeless, but I'll still vote. I'm thinking the results of this election will strongly push my family to move to New England sooner.  :lol:

I'm really really really glad you're committed to voting! I definitely understand how it can feel so small and futile, but making your voice heard, especially as a young person is SO IMPORTANT! I read that millenials and young voters make up more than HALF of the US population of voting age, but in 2016 only 19% of people aged 18-29 cast their ballot in the presidential election; whereas at 49% of 45-64-year-olds DID show up and vote. Next week, we have a chance to remind them to listen to us! Thank you so much for participating.

Is it your first time voting?

Great resources, Molly. :) I'm from Canada, but I do follow US politics since my BF is from Pennsylvania. Regardless of who anyone supports, giving voice to your beliefs and supporting the candidate who supports those beliefs is very important. Democracy is a gift and a privilege and we should not waste it.

YISSSSSSSS! ^_^

I took advantage of early voting so I don't have to wait in line at the polling location on voting day.

OMG so smart! I *wish* New York had early voting, I have to wait for the 6th uffffffffff.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »
I voted already with a mail-in ballot.  Apparently if you ask for one once, you get them til you ask not to! 

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 04:25:17 PM »
Is it your first time voting?

No, I've voted in every presidential election since I turned 18 (2008, 2012, and 2016), and probably the midterms as well (I don't remember past midterm elections, but I'm sure I voted since my parents always get me to go), along with other voting events.

|My Collection|

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »
I used an absentee ballot so I am done. I like the absentee ballots because I always worry that something will come up on Election Day and I won’t get to the polls. I will be glad when the election ads are no longer on tv. I find them stressful.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline aquamarinemolly

• ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 11:11:10 AM »
 :frolic: :lovey: :hope: Hoping that everyone follows your great examples and really steps up! How great would it be to see a  voter turnout for this election that is actually representative of the population?   

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 01:44:49 PM »
I used an absentee ballot so I am done. I like the absentee ballots because I always worry that something will come up on Election Day and I won’t get to the polls. I will be glad when the election ads are no longer on tv. I find them stressful.

I agree with  you on this and the constant phone calls.  Please make it stop.  I voted.

You are so right, beautifully said. :)

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal