collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone still have their Singing Songbird Serenade MIB-Question  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Anyone still have their Singing Songbird Serenade MIB-Question
« on: October 29, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »
Hi,

I bought the Target exclusive singing Songbird Serenade on clearance several months ago. She has been stored MIB (I keep all of my G4’s MIB/MOC with her box turned away from the window in the room.  I finally had a spot to display her and when I turned her around I saw white streaks all over the inside of the box. (Songbird is just fine though) . It’s probably just dust but I don’t remember that much bro g inside her box. She does have a hole cut in the box so you can press her cutie mark and hear her sing.  I do remember that  it looked she had been sitting on the shelves at Target for quite a while. Has this happened to anyone else with the singing Songbird Serenade.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
Re: Anyone still have their Singing Songbird Serenade MIB-Question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 07:28:22 PM »
:bump: Anyone? :)

Ponyfan

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 11:13:00 PM »
Are you sure the white streaks are not just a part of the box design? I looked at pics of her in the box on Target.com and ebay, and what you're describing sounds like how it's supposed to look.  :)

Offline Princess Fizzy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 08:22:26 AM »
I have her MIB, I’ll check when I get home tonight.

Offline Princess Fizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 10:02:59 AM »
Ok, I pulled out my singing Songbird & her background is a stage theme. There are a lot of 4 point & 8 point sparkles that streak across the background. The hole in the box is not very large so while it’s possible for dust to get in, you also might just be seeing the back art. I can easily stick my finger in the hole to reach the stage base so I would recommend that you rub your finger on the base & it should let you know if it’s dusty or just the back art.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 04:22:21 PM »
Thanks Strawberry Sundance and Princess Fizzy. Here's a pic of my MIB Songbird.:)  I've had other items with the holes in the box and never had a box ending up looking like this. It's on the plastic window of the box and not the background.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:33:05 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Princess Fizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 06:35:49 PM »
No, you’re right. There definitely appears to be some kind of splotchy film on the clear packaging. Mine doesn’t have that. Can you tell if it’s dust or something else? Is it just on the clear plastic or is it on the cardboard as well? You could try something like a Disinfectant wipe on the clear plastic & see if that helps.

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 10:36:19 PM »
It actually looks like something that has happened to my MIB pony boxes with holes or in the clear vinl phrse/bags. Its a type of mold/mildew/spore I think. It doesnt seem to affect the pony, only the plastic on the box/bag. Usually I end up carefully opening it and wiping the plastic clean with soap and water. Then I rebox the pony and move to a more protected and sealed spot instead of on display. Some plastics are more affected then others.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 12:58:54 PM »
If it's mildew or mold do you think it will spread? I've got other MIB toys stored in the same area all submitted to same amount of light/heat/cold as the others and so far everything else is fine so it  definitely seems to be something that happened to Songbird's box alone.  Maybe it even happened in the store before I bought her?

Ponyfan

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 07:45:53 PM »
If it's mildew or mold do you think it will spread? I've got other MIB toys stored in the same area all submitted to same amount of light/heat/cold as the others and so far everything else is fine so it  definitely seems to be something that happened to Songbird's box alone.  Maybe it even happened in the store before I bought her?

Ponyfan

I honestly do not know. I know when I have found it on my MIB stuff everything in that area had it so Im guessing it does spread. But since I have no clue exactly this is I can only guess. I would remove her from being near the other ponies till you cleaned her box though. Just in case.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal