collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Fair 2019 - Tampa, FL July 27 & 28 - Official Updates & Announcements  (Read 16116 times)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
I was really excited to return this year because I had so much fun last year and I really wanted to attend the new Takara panel. But not only is Tampa further away, but there's not enough interesting stuff in the town to justify the travel and time off work. I really loved the Orlando location because then I also did a day at Universal and Disney Springs. The only thing I see that's in Tampa is Bush Gardens, and that might be fun, but I was really hoping on being able to tie-in a disney/universal visit with my stay. Is there any particular reason why they moved it? Any chance of it returning to Orlando next year?

Stellaluna, I hope you're able to come this year ❤  I'll try to help  answer a few of your questions and concerns, based on discussions on facebook. 

As far as why Tampa was chosen, our lovely and wonderful event organizer is from Tampa and had very good reason to host it in her hometown :  she is expecting her second baby this very month!   With Baby Girl due in the middle of crucial planning months, I can't even imagine how she is managing it!   Not to mention, at the time of the event, she will certainly have her hands full with the little newborn.  Keeping the event close to home is a necessary convenience.

Secondly, there are always extra expenses in hosting an event further away (even just Orlando).  Sadly last year's Fair did not have the attendance numbers as previous years, barely covering expenses. They considered not even having one this year but decided to give it one more try, saving costs where they can, with a smaller venue closeby.

That being said, ticket sales still aren't where they need to be and recent facebook posts have indicated this year could very well be the last year as an annual formal convetion.  I encourage everyone who can attend to come, as we will all celebrate ponies no matter what, but especially if this turns out to be one last hurrah!

As far as what to do in Tampa, some suggestions were made earlier in this thread (beautiful beaches,  parks, Weeki Wachi Mermaid Show, flamenco dancing restaurant). You can also check out many more ideas and reviews on TripAdvisor.com   I use that site just about every time I travel. 

One big bonus to the event location is that there's an airport shuttle that also takes you around to nearby locations. There are shopping and food choices nearby. 

Please consider coming.  I've always found the time I spend with my pony friends is easy more memorable than anything else anyway.  In the 10 Fairs I've been to, my only regret is that I didn't attend the ones I missed.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
"Check out our totally awesome 2019 Pony Fair shirt design!! We are in :heart:! It was designed by our amazing staff member Valerie, and we are in awe of her talents.

You can grab one of these amazing event shirts by purchasing a Ponyville or Equestria VIP ticket package for our event, or if you've already ordered a General Admission Weekend ticket and now want to add a shirt, we will be adding these to our Fair Shop website soon so you can place an order. We usually do not have extras made beyond what is ordered, so if you would like to get a shirt at Pony Fair this year please be sure to pre-order. ;) "

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-----------------
Also we only have 5 vendor booths left. If you are hoping to get a table this year act quickly, so you don't miss out! Tickets & Vendor space can be purchased here: https://ponyfair2019.ticketbud.com/pony-fair-2019
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:03:14 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
Oh I am so ordering that shirt....   Please post here when they're available in the shop! <3

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
Oh wow that’s beautiful! Was gonna pass on a tee shirt this year but now... nope!

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+83)
I was really excited to return this year because I had so much fun last year and I really wanted to attend the new Takara panel. But not only is Tampa further away, but there's not enough interesting stuff in the town to justify the travel and time off work. I really loved the Orlando location because then I also did a day at Universal and Disney Springs. The only thing I see that's in Tampa is Bush Gardens, and that might be fun, but I was really hoping on being able to tie-in a disney/universal visit with my stay. Is there any particular reason why they moved it? Any chance of it returning to Orlando next year?

Disney is only a bit over an hour away.  I was planning to do both the fair and Disney yet again.  It's a bit expensive to get there without a car (which would be my problem as I have no desire to drive on the other side of the road being from Australia) but a US resident wouldn't have the problem, either because they drove to Tampa or rented a car for that purpose.
Follow me on Instagram: @bargainbinredhead

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • the ancient ones called it Celebrate!2003 RPG...
    • My Pony Art

As far as what to do in Tampa, some suggestions were made earlier in this thread (beautiful beaches,  parks, Weeki Wachi Mermaid Show, flamenco dancing restaurant). You can also check out many more ideas and reviews on TripAdvisor.com   I use that site just about every time I travel. 
Is it silly that out of all the things you mentioned, the mermaid show is what really caught my attention? I've heard of it from roadside attraction shows on the Travel Channel and have always secretly wanted to see it in person. Didn't know it was in Tampa! And now after seeing that shirt design and also knowing this might be the last fair, I feel much more convinced to go!

The only thing is I won't be going with my friend this year so it might get lonely. I don't actually have any pony friends yet. Hopefully I can make some at the fair!

~Thanks Shaiyeh!
ISO Tyco Wish Horses & Breyers.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+590)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com

Disney is only a bit over an hour away.  I was planning to do both the fair and Disney yet again.  It's a bit expensive to get there without a car (which would be my problem as I have no desire to drive on the other side of the road being from Australia) but a US resident wouldn't have the problem, either because they drove to Tampa or rented a car for that purpose.

I booked a different hotel closer to the disney stuff for a couple nights post-Fair ;) then we won't have the "commute" to the parks for the vaycay part

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
I'm curious about the vendor booths. I purchased one with my ticket, but haven't received any information about it. Did I potentially miss an email?

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
I'm curious about the vendor booths. I purchased one with my ticket, but haven't received any information about it. Did I potentially miss an email?

Hi, we have not yet sent the vendor form emails. We usually wait to send them until all of the vendor booths have sold, so that everyone gets the email at the same time.

And on that note, we still have 4 booths available if anyone is still looking to vend at the Fair. ;)

Offline Stellaluna

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • the ancient ones called it Celebrate!2003 RPG...
    • My Pony Art
In the Equestria Package, is the Fair Feathers figure a repeat of last year's or will it be something different? I'm curious when we will get previews, too. :)

I'm also wondering if the t-shirt will actually be black?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 12:58:28 AM by Stellaluna »

~Thanks Shaiyeh!
ISO Tyco Wish Horses & Breyers.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
In the Equestria Package, is the Fair Feathers figure a repeat of last year's or will it be something different? I'm curious when we will get previews, too. :)

I'm also wondering if the t-shirt will actually be black?

The Fair Feathers included with the VIP package is different from the one sold last year. We have a VERY limited amount of these "special edition" figures, so they probably won't be available outside of those VIP tickets. (We will have the standard 2018 Fair Feathers available for purchase at the Fair Booth for anyone who missed out last year.)

I'm pretty sure the t-shirts will be black, but I would need to double check with our staff member who handles the shirt printing. ;)

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+83)
Flights are booked, Disney World trip booked (10 days!), fair ticket purchased. I was planning on bringing  some Australian snacks for people to try. I mentioned musk sticks on my Instagram account last year which intrigued people so they are on the list of things to bring.

Follow me on Instagram: @bargainbinredhead

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
Flights are booked, Disney World trip booked (10 days!), fair ticket purchased. I was planning on bringing  some Australian snacks for people to try. I mentioned musk sticks on my Instagram account last year which intrigued people so they are on the list of things to bring.

I have never even heard of these musk sticks!   You will be very popular if you're bringing fun regional candy ;)  :D 

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
Oh my. Pony Fair AND International Double Reed Society convention in the same state, city, and month. This is just too much for me to handle. If only I had money. This just isn't fair.

Offline PrincessNikki

• Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
If anyone is debating coming or not based on things to do in Tampa Bay:
Tampa isn't just a city, Tampa Bay area includes a BUNCH of cities.

Clearwater Beach in Clearwater has been rated one of the best beaches in the US. Gorgeous sunsets.
St Petersburg city has the Salvador DALI art museum, giant Banyan trees, night markets.
Tarpon Springs has the famous sponge docks and greek food and Hella's bakery. (amazing pastries)