collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Fair 2019 - Tampa, FL July 27 & 28 - Official Updates & Announcements  (Read 13826 times)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
I was really excited to return this year because I had so much fun last year and I really wanted to attend the new Takara panel. But not only is Tampa further away, but there's not enough interesting stuff in the town to justify the travel and time off work. I really loved the Orlando location because then I also did a day at Universal and Disney Springs. The only thing I see that's in Tampa is Bush Gardens, and that might be fun, but I was really hoping on being able to tie-in a disney/universal visit with my stay. Is there any particular reason why they moved it? Any chance of it returning to Orlando next year?

Stellaluna, I hope you're able to come this year ❤  I'll try to help  answer a few of your questions and concerns, based on discussions on facebook. 

As far as why Tampa was chosen, our lovely and wonderful event organizer is from Tampa and had very good reason to host it in her hometown :  she is expecting her second baby this very month!   With Baby Girl due in the middle of crucial planning months, I can't even imagine how she is managing it!   Not to mention, at the time of the event, she will certainly have her hands full with the little newborn.  Keeping the event close to home is a necessary convenience.

Secondly, there are always extra expenses in hosting an event further away (even just Orlando).  Sadly last year's Fair did not have the attendance numbers as previous years, barely covering expenses. They considered not even having one this year but decided to give it one more try, saving costs where they can, with a smaller venue closeby.

That being said, ticket sales still aren't where they need to be and recent facebook posts have indicated this year could very well be the last year as an annual formal convetion.  I encourage everyone who can attend to come, as we will all celebrate ponies no matter what, but especially if this turns out to be one last hurrah!

As far as what to do in Tampa, some suggestions were made earlier in this thread (beautiful beaches,  parks, Weeki Wachi Mermaid Show, flamenco dancing restaurant). You can also check out many more ideas and reviews on TripAdvisor.com   I use that site just about every time I travel. 

One big bonus to the event location is that there's an airport shuttle that also takes you around to nearby locations. There are shopping and food choices nearby. 

Please consider coming.  I've always found the time I spend with my pony friends is easy more memorable than anything else anyway.  In the 10 Fairs I've been to, my only regret is that I didn't attend the ones I missed.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
"Check out our totally awesome 2019 Pony Fair shirt design!! We are in :heart:! It was designed by our amazing staff member Valerie, and we are in awe of her talents.

You can grab one of these amazing event shirts by purchasing a Ponyville or Equestria VIP ticket package for our event, or if you've already ordered a General Admission Weekend ticket and now want to add a shirt, we will be adding these to our Fair Shop website soon so you can place an order. We usually do not have extras made beyond what is ordered, so if you would like to get a shirt at Pony Fair this year please be sure to pre-order. ;) "

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-----------------
Also we only have 5 vendor booths left. If you are hoping to get a table this year act quickly, so you don't miss out! Tickets & Vendor space can be purchased here: https://ponyfair2019.ticketbud.com/pony-fair-2019
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:03:14 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
Oh I am so ordering that shirt....   Please post here when they're available in the shop! <3

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
Oh wow that’s beautiful! Was gonna pass on a tee shirt this year but now... nope!