collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Fair 2019 - Tampa, FL July 27 & 28 - Official Updates & Announcements  (Read 29222 times)

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
Exactly.  The official vendors need support first.  In organizing for non MLP events, we didn't allow swaps events etc before the official vendors had a full day of sales first.  Understandable if the Fair team would like it like that for the Fair too.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
There was an unofficial swap meet last year after the hall of fame dinner.  If Summer and her team don't already have something in mind and the one who arranged last year's don't want to head one, I could volunteer to work out something. 
And only if I have the ok from the Pony Fair team.  There would need to be some rules to be fair to official vendors who have paid to set up shop etc.

I know they prefer there not be a large trade event pre-Fair, not just for the vendors who pay for that privilege, but also the VIP ticket holders who pay for early access to the vendor hall.   There's also a certain excitement in the air when the doors open for the event, and you know the room is packed with vendors whose wares haven't been picked over yet.  It's why vendors are asked not to sell or trade till the doors open.   

I absolutely love informal swaps, and I also know that not everyone can afford a table, or may not have gotten one before they were sold out.  But I lean just a bit more in the direction of supporting the Fair, it's vendors, the VIP members and those ticket holders who want the full shopping experience that day.  Maybe a swap would be more appropriate after the event, or as a separate ponymeet later.   

It would be fun to meet and mingle on Friday though. There have been pool parties and unofficial restaurant dinners in the past.  Some smaller groups have met up for drinks, or just in the lobby to hang out with their favorite ponies in tow.  I don't think there's going to be a Hall of Fame dinner this year, so there would be time if someone wanted to organize a group thing that doesn't impact the Fair itself.

Thank you, ashlyne, for putting this so perfectly! :heart:

The only thing I'd want to add is that every year that an unofficial swap has taken place on hotel property, we have had complaints from the hotel venues. In the past we have asked that unofficial swaps & large gatherings (that could block hallways) not be held on hotel property to avoid a conflict with our hotel contract.

Offline FiddlePhan

• Twinkle Eye Pony
That's totally understandable.   Glad to know about the off-site request.   It makes sense.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 06:03:14 AM by FiddlePhan »

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
Is anyone interested in an Instagramers meet up at some point over the weekend?  Last year it wasn’t until after I posted my photos on Instagram that I realised so many people I follow were there and many saw me but didn’t introduce themselves and I so wish they did.
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Lil Litter Nursery Families teal Persian kitten and Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
Is anyone interested in an Instagramers meet up at some point over the weekend?  Last year it wasn’t until after I posted my photos on Instagram that I realised so many people I follow were there and many saw me but didn’t introduce themselves and I so wish they did.

I think everyone should have a name badge with their instagram handle. I feel like I know soooo many people from that  platform!

We are a little over a month away! Is everyone hyped?!?!
~Foxtale~

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
Don’t forget today is the LAST DAY to place orders for our totally 80’s Pony Fair t-shirt (for both event pick up & Supporter Packages). We will also be ending sales for Ponyville & VIP Equestria ticket packages after today, so we can place the order with our shirt manufacturer. ;)

You can place your shirt order now in our Fair Store:
https://store1004005.ecwid.com

You can buy tickets to this year’s Pony Fair here:
https://ponyfair2019.ticketbud.com/pony-fair-2019

We hope to see you all there!

Post Merge: June 21, 2019, 11:22:40 PM

I think everyone should have a name badge with their instagram handle. I feel like I know soooo many people from that  platform!

An Instagram meet up sounds awesome!

Offline FiddlePhan

• Twinkle Eye Pony

I'm not an Instagram person but could it be Instagram and Arena members?   
And would we need to find somewhere off-site for this like those who might plan a swap?

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony

And would we need to find somewhere off-site for this like those who might plan a swap?

The off-sight request is specific to organized swaps. When people spread their trade items across the floor or other hotel property, the hotel staff & other hotel guests may have an issue which in turn becomes an issue for our event staff. Informal social meet ups that do not include large amounts of merchandise, whether they are Instagram people or otherwise, are totally encouraged. ;)

Post Merge: June 24, 2019, 03:36:20 AM

Pony Fair Vendors - You should have received an email inviting you to fill out our 2019 Vendor Form on Google Docs. We ask that you please complete this short form no later than THURSDAY JULY 4th. We will be finalizing our Vendor Room layout over the holiday weekend, so any booth location requests that miss the deadline will not be honored.

If you are unable to fulfill your commitment to vend at the Fair, please send us a message to the inbox on Facebook or message me here on the Arena. We will not honor private sales or transfers of booth spaces this year. If you are not able to attend or vend, we will attempt to match your booth with someone from our waiting list.

The Google Form can also be found here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3Hxe5MS1dnDFdsV1qO5Op18NY4v37N9WBK6TkYbcPlSQvWg/viewform?usp=sf_link
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 03:36:20 AM by kitkatvintage »

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+593)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com

I'm RoognasCustomCreations on IG
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
We are working on adding a time for an Instagram meet up to the official schedule. :biggrin: Thank you for this great idea, reddsetgogirl :heart:

I'm RoognasCustomCreations on IG

Offline FiddlePhan

• Twinkle Eye Pony

The off-sight request is specific to organized swaps. When people spread their trade items across the floor or other hotel property, the hotel staff & other hotel guests may have an issue which in turn becomes an issue for our event staff. Informal social meet ups that do not include large amounts of merchandise, whether they are Instagram people or otherwise, are totally encouraged. ;)

Post Merge: June 24, 2019, 03:36:20 AM

Yay!! Super glad that social meet-ups will be on site.   I'm so looking forward to being able to put faces to names of Arena members.   Just a little over two weeks to go!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:22:43 PM by FiddlePhan »

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
By chance is anyone else either going to Disney after the fair or going to/through that area of Orlando on the Monday morning?  I fully intended to book a ride there only to discover last night that I may struggle to find an Uber or Lyft driver willing to do that distance considering they may not get fares back to make it worth their time.  The internet says public transport isn’t really a viable choice. Every other car private car or shuttle service is too expensive without splitting the cost with someone else and whilst car rental is the cheapest option, I’d really rather not drive while in the US.

I just thought I would check in case someone else is looking to head that way to split the cost or even if I could get a ride with another attendee (I’ll pay you of course to cover gas, etc).
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Lil Litter Nursery Families teal Persian kitten and Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
I will also be travelling to Orlando on the Monday to fly home :) Public transport is an option (Greyhound and then a local bus in Orlando -costs about $22 but is a bit of a pain) I would be up for sharing an Uber :)

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
We are so excited about our totally 80's Pony Fair Pin this year! You can place your order now in our Fair Store:
https://store1004005.ecwid.com
Pins to be picked up at the Fair are priced at $12
Please note - these pins are for pick up at the event only.
Pins priced at $12 will not be shipped.

Due to popular demand, we will be offering a $15 Fair Supporter Pin option this year to give those unable to attend the chance to support Pony Fair by ordering a Pony Fair 2019 pin. These pins will be shipped to US addresses after the conclusion of this year's event (estimated ship date is early August 2019).
When placing your order please be sure to select the correct item(s) with pick up/shipping status.
Pre-orders will close on Tuesday July, 23rd so if you would like a Pony Fair 2019 pin be sure to act now!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
Who's excited for these amazing giveaway items donated by Basic Fun!? These gorgeous ponies will be going home with lucky winners during Pony Fair!

Thanks so much to Basic Fun! for supporting our event and creating these wonderful G1 inspired ponies. We love being able to add them to our collections! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal