collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Fair 2019 - Tampa, FL July 27 & 28 - Official Updates & Announcements  (Read 28966 times)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Pony Fair 2019 - Tampa, FL July 27 & 28 - Official Updates & Announcements
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2019, 02:26:06 AM »
Ticket prices & package details added to first post. :)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2019, 02:07:31 PM »
Question:   "Special edition Fair Feathers Mascot Pony Figure" in the Equestria package.   I'm assuming this one is different than the original Fair Feathers?    Also, will she be available for purchase at the event, or is it exclusive to the Equestria package?

So excited!  Just extended our visit and added Thursday night to our stay :D

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2019, 09:05:53 PM »
Question:   "Special edition Fair Feathers Mascot Pony Figure" in the Equestria package.   I'm assuming this one is different than the original Fair Feathers?    Also, will she be available for purchase at the event, or is it exclusive to the Equestria package?

So excited!  Just extended our visit and added Thursday night to our stay :D

Yes, the pony that comes with the VIP package is NOT the same as the one that came with all tickets in 2018. We have a VERY limited amount of these "special edition" figures, so whether or not they will be for sale separately will depend on the number of VIP tickets sold. We will have the standard 2018 Fair Feathers available for purchase at the Fair Booth.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2019, 10:17:22 PM »
Hmmm.... will we get to see this very special pony before tickets go on sale? :D

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2019, 02:11:30 AM »
Hmmm.... will we get to see this very special pony before tickets go on sale? :D
Messaged you. ;) I’m not totally sure, so I don’t want to misspeak.

And in other news....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"We are super excited to announce Stefanie Eskander as our first 2019 Pony Fair special guest!

Stefanie grew up in Southern California, and attended Brigham Young University in Utah, graduating with a BFA in Illustration. After a ten-year career as an advertising and children’s illustrator, she accepted a position as a designer at Mattel in 1984, working in the large & small dolls and plush group designing for such lines as Rainbow Brite, Popples, Lady Lovely Locks and My Child.

In 1986, Stefanie and her family moved to Rhode Island, where she was senior designer in the Doll’s group, designing for Jem, Maxie, Moondreamers, My Beautiful Doll, Sweetie Pops, Real Baby, Love-A-Bye Baby, and Dolly Surprise.

After four years, Stefanie joined the design staff at Tonka Toys in Minnesota, designing and developing dolls for the Cupcakes line, as well as the WWF Wrestling Buddies, Hush Little Baby, and others. When Tonka was bought by Hasbro at the end of 1991 and closed down, Stefanie had just had a baby, so she freelanced for six months before selling a concept to Fisher-Price. She was then offered a job as senior designer at Fisher-Price in the Buffalo, NY area.

F-P wanted Stefanie to help to revitalize their doll program, so she spent nearly three years developing a variety of dolls, including her invention Cuddle-Bye Baby, plus dolls and playsets for Puzzle Place, Smooshies, Dress & Dream, and a variety of blue sky concepts. In 1995, Mattel bought Fisher-Price, so Stefanie accepted a transfer back to Mattel in California, where she again worked in the large and small dolls group, this time, as a senior level designer for Cabbage Patch Kids, Little Miss, Polly Pocket, Chatty Cathy, and a variety of blue sky concepts.

In 1997, Stefanie left Mattel to begin a 12-year freelance career, working as a designer and developer of dolls and playsets for many toy companies large and small, including Mattel, Hasbro, MGA, Playmates, DSI, Original San Francisco Toymakers, Jakks Pacific, Radica, Play Along Toys, Spin Master and others, designing and developing dolls and toys for such lines as Barbie, Barbie Princesses, Winnie the Pooh, Disneyland, Cabbage Patch Kids, Sky Dancers, My Little Pony, Cupcakes, Holly Hobbie, Little Mommy, Polly Pocket, My Dream Baby, Shrinky Dinks, Play Along Club, and others.

In 2009, Stefanie went back to work full-time, this time for Spin Master Toys in Los Angeles, designing toys and playsets for Liv and Victorious.
In 2012, she accepted a position as design manager for Girl’s Toys at Toys R Us corporate HQ in New Jersey, and she and her husband Bruce (who were empty nesters by this time) moved cross-country to NJ, where they spent the next nearly 4 years. Stefanie designed dolls and toys for TRU’s You and Me line, as well as Journey Girls, Just Like Home, and Imaginarium.

Stefanie accepted a position as Design Director at Madame Alexander Doll Company in NYC in 2015, where she headed up the play doll division. An unexpected layoff ten months later necessitated a major move, so she and her husband left the east coast and moved to Utah in 2016 to be closer to family.

Today, Stefanie still freelances in the toy industry in addition to doing some children’s illustration, toy invention, fine art, and teaching. Stefanie is currently teaching drawing at Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah, in the Illustration department. She often gives lectures and presentations about the toy industry to university students and school children. She has sponsored toy design projects at the university level to Industrial Design students, and taught Introduction to Toy Design at Otis College of Art and Design for 5 semesters.

Stefanie and Bruce have 4 children, who grew up as “toy kids”- Ian 39, Amy 37, Alec 33, and Annie 27. They live in Texas, Utah, California and Idaho. They have six grandchildren, ranging in age from 3 to 14.

You can find Stefanie on Instagram at @stefdesignstoys, where she shares her life and work as a toy designer."

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Last year we added a few panels on other popular toys of the 80’s & 90’s, and I think they were well received. We hope that pony fans will enjoy a deeper look into many other iconic girls’ toy lines from an accomplished toy designer’s perspective. We are very excited to welcome Stefanie as a Special Guest this year. :heart:

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2019, 05:32:09 PM »
OMGosh she worked on My Child dolls!!!

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2019, 11:28:38 PM »
"Guess who is coming back to 2019 Pony Fair as a special guest?

Kirk Hindman!!

We loved having Kirk so much as a guest last year, that we invited him back for 2019!

Kirk Hindman started at Hasbro in May of 1982, joining the design department as an industrial designer even though his B.S. Degree in Fine Arts conferred absolutely no actual experience in the field. “ I figured that I could fool them for a few weeks” was his reflection of the time! One of the original sculptors of the “My Little Pony” line, Kirk is responsible for sculpting some of our favorite poses including those used for Gusty, Buttons, Bubbles, Posey, Magic Star and others. He met his future wife at Hasbro, Louise Rapoza, whom he married 1989. Retiring from Hasbro in 2013, Kirk continues to freelance with many divisions in the company."

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
WOW! What an incredible resume Stefanie has!   Just amazing how many different toy lines and companies she's shared her talent with. Can't wait to meet her!

And YAY for Kirk returning!   Last year was so fun because he and Bonnie were just roaming the vending area for a long time, talking to lots of people.  I love having those informal conversations with such amazing guests.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2019, 09:34:12 PM »
"Pony Fair 2019 Presention Announcement!!

All About Takaras!: A talk About Japanese Takara Ponies by Takara Collector Maria Cook

Can these strange, two-legged ponies actually be authentic My Little Pony toys? Amazingly, the answer is yes! These are Takara Ponies, or “Mai Ritoru Ponii-Osharena Ponii”, from Japanese company Takara, produced in 1985! As strange as they may seem, they are real, Hasbro-licensed My Little Ponies!

Join us on Sunday, July 28th at noon to learn all about these rare My Little Pony oddities from Takara Pony Collector Maria Cook! Find out which Takara Ponies are known to exist and which ones are still only rumors. Learn how to tell a real Takara Pony from a Takara fakie. Explore the history of how this rare Japanese line came to be and why it was so short-lived, all while viewing the artwork, accessories and—of course—the ponies that made this line one of the most unique and sought-after in pony history!"

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:36:25 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2019, 11:25:57 PM »
Got my ticket and hotel booked! Now to wait for airfare prices to come down before booking the flight!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2019, 12:25:16 AM »
Got my ticket and hotel booked! Now to wait for airfare prices to come down before booking the flight!
Awesome! And yes definitely keep an eye out for deals on flights. I fly to FL multiple times a year to visit family & there are some very low priced options if you wait for the right sale to pop up. Best of luck! :heart:

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2019, 08:26:20 PM »
Is anyone dressing up as their favourite pony this year? I finally got up the courage to make an outfit for the fair this year.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
If you are thinking about being a vendor at Pony Fair this year, don’t wait as our spaces are selling quickly. Ticket sale link is in the first post. :cheer:

“Our 2019 Vendor booths are 75% sold. If you are wanting to be a vendor at this year's Pony Fair event, don't miss out! Not only do vendors have the opportunity to display their items for sale to our convention goers, but they also have an included "home base" where they can be in the middle of the hustle and bustle but still have a place to sit, chat, and can stash their purchases under their tables. ;)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
"Heads up! Early Bird General Admission Pricing will end this Sunday, April 7th. Also, please note that General Admission ticket orders placed before Sunday night (9pm Eastern time) will include our special 2019 event tote bag. This promo offer will NOT be included with any General Admission tickets purchased after Early Bird Pricing ends.

Tickets can be purchased through our ticketing link:
https://ponyfair2019.ticketbud.com/pony-fair-2019

We can't wait to see you in July!"

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • the ancient ones called it Celebrate!2003 RPG...
I was really excited to return this year because I had so much fun last year and I really wanted to attend the new Takara panel. But not only is Tampa further away, but there's not enough interesting stuff in the town to justify the travel and time off work. I really loved the Orlando location because then I also did a day at Universal and Disney Springs. The only thing I see that's in Tampa is Bush Gardens, and that might be fun, but I was really hoping on being able to tie-in a disney/universal visit with my stay. Is there any particular reason why they moved it? Any chance of it returning to Orlando next year?
~Thanks Shaiyeh!
ISO Tyco Wish Horses & Breyers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal