collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintage Toy Shop in Paris with tons of MLP - has anyone been there?  (Read 5304 times)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
So my friend is in Paris at the moment and she found a vintage toy shop called Lu Lu Berlu. Apparently there were LOADS of vintage MLP for sale as well as other vintage toys such as Care Bears and Jem Dolls. It sounds like heaven.

Check out the website: https://www.lulu-berlu.com

If you search for My Little Pony, tons of MOC ponies turn up although not all of them are for sale. Some are a little over priced but most seem reasonable enough.

Has anyone been in this shop in Paris before? I think it’s definitely worth checking out for anyone near Paris!

Also my friend said she bought a pony from there for me...I can’t wait to see which one it is!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Vintage Toy Shop in Paris with tons of MLP - has anyone been there?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 11:14:03 AM »
If I'm ever visiting, I'll know where to visit now.  :P It looks like they've got a nice bunch of toys.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 12:25:45 PM »
I have a feeling they maybe sell on ebay. I've certainly seen that name before, and some of the MOC. I've never been there though.

We have a couple of stores a bit like this in London, though maybe not quite on the same scale - at least, I know of 2 places in London that sell vintage MLP, but the one in Notting Hill doesn't have very much. The one in Camden Market had some MOC stuff and a MIB Sea Pony last time I was there but expensive.

It would be super cool to be able to visit this place in Paris and see what kind of things they have on the shelves :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »
I really am enjoying looking through their toys. I don’t know of any stores like this near me, but I would love to have some.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »
I really am enjoying looking through their toys. I don’t know of any stores like this near me, but I would love to have some.

My friend sent me some photos of the interior and I googled it - it’s like an Aladdin’s cave of 80’s toys!

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 02:34:29 PM »
I have a feeling they maybe sell on ebay. I've certainly seen that name before, and some of the MOC. I've never been there though.

We have a couple of stores a bit like this in London, though maybe not quite on the same scale - at least, I know of 2 places in London that sell vintage MLP, but the one in Notting Hill doesn't have very much. The one in Camden Market had some MOC stuff and a MIB Sea Pony last time I was there but expensive.

It would be super cool to be able to visit this place in Paris and see what kind of things they have on the shelves :D

Do you know the names of these London shops?   

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »
Thanks for sharing.   If I make it to Paris again.  I will make sure to check this out!

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 12:27:35 AM »
I have browsed their website....but is it me of are a lot of things a *little bit* overpriced???
Love & Light Lady Arachnia X

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 12:58:28 AM »
Wow! I didn’t know such shops existed- the thought of being able to go into a shop and see vintage my little pony on the shelves amazing!
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 03:11:24 AM »

Do you know the names of these London shops?   

Erm. I do have the name of the one in Camden Market somewhere. The Notting Hill one I don't know, but it's on the main street among all the other little special shops that that area is known for. You  can't miss it when you see it.

The Camden one, the name has something to do with monkeys xD. It;s down an alley of stores beyond the statue of Amy Winehouse. I personally think their prices are high but the guy who runs it knows a lot about old toys. I think he might be a MOTU collector, there are a lot of other old toy lines represented there, in particular MOTU. Last time I was there they had a MIB US Sea Pony Wavedancer for £200 and a baby sparkle pony on card...also Hip Hop & her box and a bunch of loose ponies as well from G1. They are also on facebook I seem to remember.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 05:15:56 AM »
Thanks for sharing.   If I make it to Paris again.  I will make sure to check this out!

Same! Only been once on a day trip with my husband and his parents.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 07:29:27 AM »
I feel like places like that always have to be a little overpriced, or else flippers would buy out their entire stock to sell on eBay. :P Awesome shop, I love places like that!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
Omg wait til you see what my friend bought me from there!! I almost died!! I am so spoiled. Just posted it in brags.

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 05:23:44 PM »
I feel like places like that always have to be a little overpriced, or else flippers would buy out their entire stock to sell on eBay. :P Awesome shop, I love places like that!

True.  There is the Toy Shack in Vegas on Fremont St. that I went to about three years back and they wanted $15 or $20 for a non rare, very common G1 pony out of package.  It was still really cool to see so many vintage toys in one place.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 12:25:51 AM »

True.  There is the Toy Shack in Vegas on Fremont St. that I went to about three years back and they wanted $15 or $20 for a non rare, very common G1 pony out of package.  It was still really cool to see so many vintage toys in one place.

I’ve been there too! I didn’t find any MLP though.

I don’t think the prices at this Paris shop are that high...I guess when you sell from a shop rather than eBay you are offering a different buying experience. You can see and hold the item before you buy it, there are no shipping fees and I suppose you could always try haggle the price down. I wish more shop like this existed instead of just relying on eBay.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal