collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to list sales items most conveniently for browsing?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
How to list sales items most conveniently for browsing?
« on: October 31, 2018, 06:48:58 AM »
Sometimes I have loooong lists of ponies to sell and it feels like listing it in a format like this:

*Picture of pony #1*

Description of pony #1

*Picture of pony #2*

Description of pony #2

. . . results in a lot of scrolling, plus maybe slowing down computers as all the pictures load?

Sometimes I try to take group shots of multiple ponies at a time or something and then have a format like:

*Group photo of ponies #1 through #3*

Description of pony #1

Description of pony #2

Description of pony #3

But I feel like this results in less interest because it's harder to see flaws (even though they're mentioned), plus sometimes a really clear, close shot is what makes someone think, "Oh, I never realized how pretty that pony is, I need her."

And in either of those situations, there's just . . . lots of scrolling involved.

Recently I've been experimenting with putting my listings for each generation under a spoiler box to reduce scrolling / picture loading time.

I'd love advice from other people who have lots of ponies to sell!  How do you list ponies (formatting wise)?  Do you ever list your ponies elsewhere (like Flick or something) and direct people there?  It would be nice to display my sales ponies in a grid pattern but I don't know where best to do that.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: How to list sales items most conveniently for browsing?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 01:48:30 PM »
Yes I was going to suggest a spoiler box.  It is hard to list a lot for sale and completely avoid going through the sea of ponies, but someone who really wants a particular pony will scroll.  I know, I have done it several times especially when I was looking for a swap gift.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Re: How to list sales items most conveniently for browsing?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 03:51:48 AM »
I like individual pony pics, and definitely spoiler boxes! Nothing more annoying than having to scroll through TONS of G3's and G4's when I'm only interested in G1's, for example. ;) I like the spoiler boxes. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal