collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Laryngeal paralysis and early kidney failure in dogs? My Ellie has it  (Read 1177 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
I found out recently that my darling Ellie likely has laryngeal paralysis. We're taking her in next week for an x-ray analysis of her lungs and will see if they recommend surgery. In the meantime, she has begun taking Doxepin.

She has always had anxiety and gets a lot of separation anxiety from Mom. The doctor also recommended Prozac to help with that so she doesn't hyperventilate. She's otherwise been in good health, however, she was diagnosed with early stage kidney failure this past winter and my heart is breaking. 

She will be turning 14 a month from today! She'll always be a puppy to me xoxo and I have had gotten some excellent advice from my bf, his vet cousin and Ellie's actual vet .... also wanted to hear from anyone whose dog has had it on here and how you've been able to effectively manage it ... my wish would be to reverse it. Thanks my dears.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Laryngeal paralysis and early kidney failure in dogs? My Ellie has it
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 12:58:28 PM »
No advice but best of luck! She's reached quite a respectable age already, and I hope you can get this thing under control! :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Laryngeal paralysis and early kidney failure in dogs? My Ellie has it
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 05:33:42 AM »
Poor pup. I'm a bit late in the game on this thread, but how are things going? 14 is an amazing age for any dog, you're fortunate to have her for as long as you have.
Anxiety can be very difficult, we give our girl 1 mg melatonin to take her down a notch when we leave for work, then she sleeps the day away.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal