collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your dream army pony?  (Read 4476 times)

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Your dream army pony?
« on: October 20, 2018, 03:42:02 AM »
What pony do you/ or would you love to have as your army pony?

I'd love to have Sundance (G1 specifically) as my army pony, I've only got one of her at the moment :lovey:
I currently have 5/6 McDonald's G2 Sundances so I guess she's my current army pony  :P I'd like to change that lol.

Edit: I guess you could say I've got a bit of a G1 Posey army too :)

What about you?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:21:23 AM by StrawberrySundance »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Your dream army pony?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 05:13:19 AM »
There are a lot of ponies I would make armies from if I had space. I have five Tropical Breezes, which is probably my closest thing to an actual 'army' though one of those is MIB which kind of doesn't count to me in army terms.

I do kind of have a Cherries Jubilee army although it comprises mostly a range of versions. I think I have:
1985 - one from childhood, upgrade from the UK, one from the US, one MOC on UK card
1986 - one loose from the UK, one MOC from the UK, one loose with curls and dark symbol from Europe
Nirvana - Italy, NC
And baby CJ as well.

The other one is Medley. I genuinely would have a Medley army if not for space constraints. Probably I'd have an army of many of the early ponies the UK didn't get - but I do have a sort of army:
y2 - one loose, one MOC
y3 - one loose (curly)
Nirvana - Italian, Peruvian, greek (yellow with green/blue hair), Mexican (rainbow hair)
And baby Medley from Peru. I will also be adding retro Medley at some point, hopefully she'll show here...

I guess there's sort of also Strawberry Fair. I have my childhood one, a UK one MOC, a Brazilian, a Spanish and a baby. But that's not quite enough for a proper army? I'm not as impressive as the people who have 20 or 30 ponies in an army.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 06:34:38 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 06:31:11 AM »
I've already got a bunch of Sunny Dazes, so I guess my dream army addition would be G1 style Sunnies. G4 would be neat, too, but the only white earth pony I can think of is somewhat sought after and unless she were absolutely destroyed I wouldn't be able to justify her being customized to myself.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 07:05:49 AM »
I guess it would be an army of flutter ponies, or an army with every single pony with Neon Yellow mane. I can't get enough of these extremely bright fellas.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline scifipony

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 07:58:07 AM »
I already have two army ponies:

1. Fluttershy. Mostly her G4 toys (and it seems like there is an endless supply of those, lol) but also G3 and I've adopted G1 Posey and G2 Sky Skimmer as Fluttershy's "ancestors".

2. Sunny Daze  :heart: She's been my favorite pony since I was a little kid and I still love her so much. And since she was pretty heavily featured in G3 merchandise, I'm constantly finding her stuff for sale on ebay to add to my collection. Oddly, though, I still haven't obtained a Sunny Daze toy in her original pose (http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Sunny_Daze_Pose) which is still at the top of my wanted list for pony toys.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 08:10:32 AM »
Baby Squirmy!  Like that is any surprise...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 08:12:53 AM »
No armies for me!
But I love when people have armies and they customize all gens and such. :)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 08:39:46 AM »
I've got a ton of Pinkie Pie (3, 3.5, and 4) which happened unintentionally, and while she's not really even one of my favorite ponies, it is a little fun to add to the army, even if I didn't mean to start it. I don't display them all together though, they just all hang out with the other ponies from their respective generations.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 10:36:29 AM »
Starshine! I would love to have nirvanas of her. Currently, I only have one of her though...

An accidental army I have is Peppermint Crunch. I got 2 bins of G1s locally a while ago (still cleaning them lol) and there are about 6 or 7 of her!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 03:44:48 PM »
Apple Jack! She keeps finding me when I go thrifting, plus I tend to always get her when I buy a blind bag. Not a fan of G4 but she is my favorite. If I could find her G1 I'd start making an army.

The other one would be Moondancer, already have her original release and need the retro one. Hmmm, that may be a good place to start. I love reading about other folks armies.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 04:54:30 PM »
I have a Waterfire army entirely by choice (Hasbro and 3 bait customs) as well as accidental armies of Firefly, Glory, and G2 Lightheart.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 12:13:47 AM »
I was just thinking of starting a topic like this!  I love pony armies.

I have just recently started working on a Peachy and Snuzzle army.  Yep, a two pony army.  My reason is this, Peachy was my first pony ever, so despite the fact that she is very common and may be seen as not that exciting, she's very special to me.  And Snuzzle has always seemed connected to her to me.  In my head canon I decided they are twins, since they have the exact same symbol and similar colors.  Only adult twins instead of newborn twins, twins that have grown up.

So far I have...
Peachy:  My original from childhood, an upgrade (both CF), FF Peachy, Mexican Peachy, Italian Peachy, 35th Anniversary Repo Peachy, and the peach My Pretty Pony that looks just like Peachy, I count her as part of my army.
Snuzzle: My original from childhood (CF), 35th Repo Snuzzle, Loyal Subjects Snuzzle, and a custom blind bag Snuzzle.
I also have a embroidered patch of Peachy.
Mexican and Italian Peachy are my first two Nirvana Ponies I've ever had!  They aren't in great shape, but I'm happy to have them anyway.

I have a lot more to get, my army has just started.  I hope to have a very large army eventually.  I eventually hope to have customs of Peachy and Snuzzle as newborn twins, and G2, G3, and G4 customs, as well as a blind bag custom of Peachy to go with the Snuzzle.  And I'm always on the lookout for any merch that features either of them.

My holy grail is Dolly Mix Snuzzle!  Oh I wish I could find that!

I'm also kinda working on an all generations army of Applejack, since she was a childhood favorite, and there are so many versions of her. 
I have G1 straight hair Applejack, Baby Applejack, G4 regular Applejack, Cutie Mark Magic Applejack (the one with their symbol going down their legs and over one eye), Friendship Festival: Party Friends Applejack (with tinsel and glitter on legs), Non-brushable Applejack.  Ty Beanie Baby Applejack, blind bag Applejack, and Loyal Subjects Applejack.

I don't want to get every single tiny variation of G4 Applejack, that would be way too many for me.  But I really want to get Pearlized, Water Cuties, and Seapony Applejack.  I also really want a Build a Bear Applejack.  And of course I need G3 Applejack, curly hair Applejack, Collector Pose Applejack, and any Nirvanas I might come across.
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 01:44:58 AM »
Honeycomb army here  :lol: as she was a significant pony when I was little  :lovey:
I hold a lot of affection for her and gladly buy "baits" to fix up  :cool:

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 02:25:30 AM »
My armies seem to have found me -
Posey and Wigwam
 - and lately a bunch of 3 baity Fizzies to go with my actual Fizzy.

They are all ponies I like very much so even if they ain't quite the 'dream army' they are pretty close.

The Poseys and Wigwams live together as a big gang. The three boys are a bit faded so they are different colours and look like brothers. The 6 Posies are a mix - a pink-haired minty one, two 'palomino' sisters with faded white hair, two alt rehairs (one ginger-orange and one rainbow) and a punky one with a haircut. Ginge is the natural leader of the gang. :)

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 05:03:00 AM »
Posey or Pina Colada!

Posey is such a beautiful pony with so many different variations. I can't get enough of her. But then again, Pina Colada is my favorite pony so I dont think its possible to have too many Pina Coladas. Too bad there isnt many different variations. Maybe it would be time to do some alternate rehairs?  :lookround:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal