Pony Talk > Pony Corral

At what point do you throw something out, if it's from G1?

(1/6) > >>

Mismatch:
So I have a G1 sleeping bag that is totally pilled and faded on the exterior, and the inside fabric is almost shredded to ribbons.  And I have a petite castle that is missing parts and dirty (though that, granted, could be fixed).  I really want both out of my apartment.  To chuck or not to chuck?

WingsOfMasquerade:
This is a dilemma but there could be some solutions that could make you feel better about it and also get the items away from the house.

Take photos of the items and just save them in the computer. If something has some good 'ebay like' descriptive photos it's not really gone-gone. It takes up hardly room on pc's these days.

Offer it for free if the wanter pays shipping-- up for like a month on here or something.
That way, the item will have 'had its chance' and also be documented. Then, you can feel ok about throwing it away because you can be sure no one wanted it, and also it won't be forgotten because there's photos.

LadyMoondancer:
The castle in particular I would not throw out . . . Offer it for a low price, or even "free if buyer pays shipping."  (Same with the sleeping bag, really.)

If you don't get any takers, offer it on Craiglist for free or donate it to a thrift store.  Better for some little kid to enjoy it than for it to be tossed in the garbage.

The point where I throw out G1 stuff is if it's moldy or smells like cat pee, generally.  If a pony or accessory is in really bad shape, I generally try to put it in a "custom bait" lot.

Taffeta:
I have a similar dilemma with one of the pony bikes still living in the garage. One of them has really bad rust. But thus far...it still lives in the garage. Because it has Snowflake on it :/

emily_katie:
Without the a photo its hard to say but the sleeping bad might be wanted by a crafter? I know a lot of people buy old sheets and bedding to sew into other things like bags etc?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version