collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random Doll Opinions  (Read 1813 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Random Doll Opinions
« on: October 18, 2018, 06:34:49 PM »
Hi everyone! I just wanted to list my opinions on some dolls here and also hear your guy's opinions on these dolls as well. This is just some random doll lines that I thought up on the top of my  head and was like "Oh, this would be interesting to hear an opinion on" but I don't think each was worthy of each one getting a different topic thing.

L.O.L. Surprise
So this is the one I probably learned about the most recent. I originally knew sort of what they were however I didn't know everything about them. Now that I do, I think it's a neat idea, however I feel like the packaging is really wasteful. I also feel like some stuff is priced way too highly. Also the babies themselves aren't very appealing to me, especially their pets. Cool in concept, but just meh overall.

Shopkins Shoppies
Shopkins used to be something I had no interest in as with the shoppies until I saw a customizing video with one of the shoppies. After that I fell in love with the body type of the shoppies and now want to make some customs of them for my own. However the only thing that bugs me is their molded on clothes and the fact that their eyes are really weird (otherwise I might keep a while for myself)

Ever After High
Back when EAH first came out, I never really thought much of them. I was way more focused on getting my MH dolls. But soon after getting a first edition Maddie Hatter (and reading one of the books for school) I soon found appreciation for the series. I always wanted to get a doll of Duchess, but in the end I only ever got Madeline, Holly and Poppy, and the big dance version of Raven (sorry can't remember the lines name). I really wish I got a lot more earlier since I now see a lot more on stores like Amazon that I would really like...

Once Upon a Zombie
Once Upon a Zombie was a series I had no interest in when they first came out due to the fact that I thought they were cheap Dollar Store dolls. In more recent years I've grown fond of them and would love to get a few for my own.

So anyway those were a few of the lines I'd like to hear your opinions on. You can also add on some dolls you'd like to hear people's opinions on too because obviously not everyone is going to know the dolls mentioned above. That is it for now, I can't wait to see all of your replies, bye!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Random Doll Opinions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 12:48:47 AM »
L.O.L Surprise

I've only got three of them (missed out on getting an advent calendar I wanted so I had to do a Blindbag advent calendar.) three of the little sisters and the big sister.

Shopkins Shoppies

I don't like the human versions, they looked creepy hence why I didn't buy any; but when the animal Shoppies came out I liked them better. I've got the Polar Bear and one of the cats.

Ever After High

I got a little late on collecting these dolls it wasn't until I watched one of the web episode I fell in love with them. From the signature I've got Poppy O'Hair (Holly is being used for a custom doll), Kitty Cheshire, Bunny Blanc, Ginger Gingerbread, Melody Piper, Meshell Mermaid, the daughter of the Fairygod mother (can't remember her name) and Faybelle Thorn (who needs to have a spa day)

From the Getting Fairest Line I only got Madeline Hatter, Epic Winter I've got Blondie, and Crystal Winters (she's hiding somewhere)

First Date Dexter is the only doll and my main signature I've got, Raven Queen is going to be customised.

Dragon Games line I've got Darling, Raven, and Holly those three are my signature dolls of them.

And from the Way to Winderland line I've got Lizzie Hearts who my main signature one.

I get doubles of the dolls so that I can customise them, it's hard to get my hands on male dolls because they're either on bidding on eBay.uk or at a high price for buying them (eBay.uk and Amazon.uk)

Once Upon a Zombie

One line I'm not getting, I don't like them

80s 90s Barbie

My mum got rid of my original collection of 90s Barbie dolls. In 2014 I started to build my collection up again but I added Barbie and the Rockers Derek, Barbie and the Sensations Bopsy (who had to be rebodied because the legs went weird). It took my ages to find Midge but I got her in 2017.

Barbie Fashionistas/MTM/Life in the Dream House/Ken Fashionistas

I only get the fashionistas that I like and rebody them either on articulated dolls like the Style line or on MTM bodies (some of the fashionistas are customised into Attack on Titan characters).

I've got Life in the Dreamhouse Ken doll (my only doll). From the Made to Move line I've got the dark AA doll, and football Barbie (my main Barbie). I've also got my Style Mide doll head on a MTM Light Blue Top body (Midge started me on collecting the other dolls).

Barbie's sister Skipper 90s

From the Skipper size Barbie dolls I've got Pearl Beack Skipper, Pet Pals Courtney, Teen Skipper and Nikki. I missing Kevin and Teen Courtney.

Barbie's sister Skipper 00s

I've only got one Skipper doll don't know from which line her hair is a messy so I'm hoping to get Dolphin Magic Skipper to use her head.

Barbie's sister Stacie 90s

I've Stacie in both versions (Caucasian and AA) one is flash light fun Stacie and the other is one of the winter lines (AA), I've got her friends Whitney (flashlight fun and Polly Pocket) and Janet (McDonalds), her brother Todd (Happy Birthday McDonalds)

Barbie's sister Stacie 2017

I've got Barbie Camp Stacie and she's articulated at the legs that I brought for myself for my 28th birthday that was when I went to see Beauty and the Beast.

Barbie's sister Kelly/Shelly and Krissy

This is th line that I regret not keeping when my mum got rid of my 90s Barbie dolls. This is gradually being completed. Krissy I've got the mermaid one with hair, I also got the Hispanic Krissy doll.

Barbie's sister Chelsea

Another line that I've almost completed only need to get the last two boy dolls.

Disney Store dolls

The only Disney line I like, I'm separated these into the movies.

Snow White

I've got the seven dwarfs and the Evil Queen, I need to get Snow White and her Prince. I'm hoping that they will release the Hag.

Cinderella

I've got articulated Cinderella who's in her rags, Cinderella in her iconic ball gown, I need to get Prince Charming, the Stepmother and step sisters, and the fairy godmother.

Sleeping Beauty

I've got Maleficent only, I need the get Aurora, Phillip, and the three good fairies.

The Little Mermaid

I've got Ariel who's on a MTM Barbie body, extra versions of her for her sisters, Prince Eric (hoping to get a newer version of him with Ariel), I need Ursula, and King Triton.

Beauty and the Beast 1991

I've completed this line, I've got Beast into Prince doll, Belle with her hair in a ponytail tied with a pink bow she's used for when she's in her blue, pink, and green dress, Belle in her iconic yellow dress, and Gaston.

Aladdin

I've completed this line also near enough I need to get Aladdin in his Prince Ali outfit. I've got Princess Jasmine (on a MTM body), Jafar, and Genie. I wish the made Jafar genie.

Mulan

I've got Mulan 2017 version with Mushu, and Shane with rooted hair this took me ages to find but found him in the end on eBay.uk. I wish they made Shan Yu.

Tangled

I've got Rapunzel with blonde hair and with her short brown hair in her wedding dress (got that doll from Amazon.uk), Flynn, and Mother Gothel

Princess and the Frog

I've got Titana in her blue dress, I've got her head from I'm almost There singing doll because the body broke), I'm missing Prince Naveen, I wish they did Dr Facilliar.

Pocahontas

Only got Pocahontas who's on a MTM body got to paint her tattoo on her arm, going to get an update one of her for her friend Nakoma and use the necklace from the new doll for my Pocahontas doll, I need John Smith. I wish they did Kocoum, Radcliffe, Picahontas' father.

Frozen

I've got Coranation Anna, I need Elsa, Elsa, Kristoff in his Frozen Summer clothes, Hans I need to get him in his white outfit, and Anna without her white streak, I need Anna with her white stripe in her hair and when she and Kristoff in their outfits during the fixer upper segment in the movie.

Disney Descendants

I've got Freddie, Lonnie, Carlos, Jay, Audrey, CJ Hook and Jane. I need Jordon, Ali, Evie, Mal, Uma, and Dizzie. I'm hoping they do Gil and Harry.

Monster High

I only have the original dolls, not the newer cheap versions.

My Custom dolls

My Attack on Titan customs are coming along nicely. Near enough all the adults are complete (I need to get another Jurassic World Owen doll fir Mike because the head caved in when I was rerooting it). Some of the bodies are still headless or body less (Anaka, and Marlene). Erwin is still in need of a re root,going to use the smaller needle for his hair. Tomas I've started to re root so he needs to be done. For the Ever After High characters, female Eren is near enough re rooted got some more to do, the same with Isabel. Jean needs to have his re root finished, Levi needs his hair and flock doing.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:45:27 AM by bright rabbit 1 »

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 01:59:23 AM »
A lot of the dolls available at the moment don't really do it for me (which is good news for my finances!). I feel like LOL Surprise are overpriced for a blindbag-type item and I'm not into Shopkins.

Monster High is where it's at for me, best doll line ever <3, my gateway drug into doll collecting. For someone who used to play Vampires, Witches and Werewolves with their Barbies, Monster High just feels like the perfect toy-line. I know they're on the way out now, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the ones I have. And of course scouring second-hand shops for dolls and accessories is always fun. (I like second-hand acquisitions more than new ones really, I like the restoration aspect.)

Ever After High: I really love the books by Shannon Hale. She actually made me like Apple White :O. I don't actively seek out the dolls, but I have a few I found in charity shops. I have a 17" Maddie Hatter that I bought for 50p (only missing her shoes) and I love her to bits!

Equestria Girls: The early ones are weird but cute! I have an Applejack that I bought for my multi-gen Applejack army, and she is just adorable. She even has a hat! The minis are really sweet too. The new dolls are nice, but I haven't taken the plunge and bought one yet.

DC Superhero Girls: I think these are petering out now. I liked them, I wish they'd made more characters. The little webisodes were fun too.

I may as well admit that I am a sucker for any old and/or badly damaged doll, so my collection also includes an Evi Love doll that I found in the road broken into five pieces and apparently run over but was able to repair; a baby doll that I found lying naked on a grass verge in the rain; a 1940s/50s celluloid doll that I bought from an estate sale and who is so badly damaged she was refused by a professional doll hospital (I have covered her wounds with a cute knitted outfit and she lives in a box); and an early 1960s Bild Lilli clone with no legs or hair (currently wearing a long dress and a wig). I also have a small collection of 1960s/70s Amanda Janes, some Palitoy Pippas, 1980s Famille Glady, and an accidental collection of porcelain dolls (hey, it happens).

Photo Time!
Rhoda, the doll who was found broken in the road: https://imgur.com/a/xJJPnCS
Dove, the celluloid doll, on a rare trip out of her box: https://imgur.com/a/oOC616i
Lola, the Bild Lilli clone, before she got her wig: https://imgur.com/a/QbYfPHO
17" Maddie Hatter (buying clothes for her is fun): https://imgur.com/a/jRdIJxZ
Equestria Girls Applejack: https://imgur.com/a/z8IgBEq
Damaged Monster High girl inhabitants of Shaz's Doll Hospital (the ghoul with the crutches has since had leg reattachment surgery :)): https://imgur.com/a/kCvE4bL
Most recent second-hand Monster High find: https://imgur.com/a/669eD8J

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 11:09:50 PM »
L.O.L Surprise

I've only got three of them (missed out on getting an advent calendar I wanted so I had to do a Blindbag advent calendar.) three of the little sisters and the big sister.

Shopkins Shoppies

I don't like the human versions, they looked creepy hence why I didn't buy any; but when the animal Shoppies came out I liked them better. I've got the Polar Bear and one of the cats.

Ever After High

I got a little late on collecting these dolls it wasn't until I watched one of the web episode I fell in love with them. From the signature I've got Poppy O'Hair (Holly is being used for a custom doll), Kitty Cheshire, Bunny Blanc, Ginger Gingerbread, Melody Piper, Meshell Mermaid, the daughter of the Fairygod mother (can't remember her name) and Faybelle Thorn (who needs to have a spa day)

From the Getting Fairest Line I only got Madeline Hatter, Epic Winter I've got Blondie, and Crystal Winters (she's hiding somewhere)

First Date Dexter is the only doll and my main signature I've got, Raven Queen is going to be customised.

Dragon Games line I've got Darling, Raven, and Holly those three are my signature dolls of them.

And from the Way to Winderland line I've got Lizzie Hearts who my main signature one.

I get doubles of the dolls so that I can customise them, it's hard to get my hands on male dolls because they're either on bidding on eBay.uk or at a high price for buying them (eBay.uk and Amazon.uk)

Once Upon a Zombie

One line I'm not getting, I don't like them

80s 90s Barbie

My mum got rid of my original collection of 90s Barbie dolls. In 2014 I started to build my collection up again but I added Barbie and the Rockers Derek, Barbie and the Sensations Bopsy (who had to be rebodied because the legs went weird). It took my ages to find Midge but I got her in 2017.

Barbie Fashionistas/MTM/Life in the Dream House/Ken Fashionistas

I only get the fashionistas that I like and rebody them either on articulated dolls like the Style line or on MTM bodies (some of the fashionistas are customised into Attack on Titan characters).

I've got Life in the Dreamhouse Ken doll (my only doll). From the Made to Move line I've got the dark AA doll, and football Barbie (my main Barbie). I've also got my Style Mide doll head on a MTM Light Blue Top body (Midge started me on collecting the other dolls).

Barbie's sister Skipper 90s

From the Skipper size Barbie dolls I've got Pearl Beack Skipper, Pet Pals Courtney, Teen Skipper and Nikki. I missing Kevin and Teen Courtney.

Barbie's sister Skipper 00s

I've only got one Skipper doll don't know from which line her hair is a messy so I'm hoping to get Dolphin Magic Skipper to use her head.

Barbie's sister Stacie 90s

I've Stacie in both versions (Caucasian and AA) one is flash light fun Stacie and the other is one of the winter lines (AA), I've got her friends Whitney (flashlight fun and Polly Pocket) and Janet (McDonalds), her brother Todd (Happy Birthday McDonalds)

Barbie's sister Stacie 2017

I've got Barbie Camp Stacie and she's articulated at the legs that I brought for myself for my 28th birthday that was when I went to see Beauty and the Beast.

Barbie's sister Kelly/Shelly and Krissy

This is th line that I regret not keeping when my mum got rid of my 90s Barbie dolls. This is gradually being completed. Krissy I've got the mermaid one with hair, I also got the Hispanic Krissy doll.

Barbie's sister Chelsea

Another line that I've almost completed only need to get the last two boy dolls.

Disney Store dolls

The only Disney line I like, I'm separated these into the movies.

Snow White

I've got the seven dwarfs and the Evil Queen, I need to get Snow White and her Prince. I'm hoping that they will release the Hag.

Cinderella

I've got articulated Cinderella who's in her rags, Cinderella in her iconic ball gown, I need to get Prince Charming, the Stepmother and step sisters, and the fairy godmother.

Sleeping Beauty

I've got Maleficent only, I need the get Aurora, Phillip, and the three good fairies.

The Little Mermaid

I've got Ariel who's on a MTM Barbie body, extra versions of her for her sisters, Prince Eric (hoping to get a newer version of him with Ariel), I need Ursula, and King Triton.

Beauty and the Beast 1991

I've completed this line, I've got Beast into Prince doll, Belle with her hair in a ponytail tied with a pink bow she's used for when she's in her blue, pink, and green dress, Belle in her iconic yellow dress, and Gaston.

Aladdin

I've completed this line also near enough I need to get Aladdin in his Prince Ali outfit. I've got Princess Jasmine (on a MTM body), Jafar, and Genie. I wish the made Jafar genie.

Mulan

I've got Mulan 2017 version with Mushu, and Shane with rooted hair this took me ages to find but found him in the end on eBay.uk. I wish they made Shan Yu.

Tangled

I've got Rapunzel with blonde hair and with her short brown hair in her wedding dress (got that doll from Amazon.uk), Flynn, and Mother Gothel

Princess and the Frog

I've got Titana in her blue dress, I've got her head from I'm almost There singing doll because the body broke), I'm missing Prince Naveen, I wish they did Dr Facilliar.

Pocahontas

Only got Pocahontas who's on a MTM body got to paint her tattoo on her arm, going to get an update one of her for her friend Nakoma and use the necklace from the new doll for my Pocahontas doll, I need John Smith. I wish they did Kocoum, Radcliffe, Picahontas' father.

Frozen

I've got Coranation Anna, I need Elsa, Elsa, Kristoff in his Frozen Summer clothes, Hans I need to get him in his white outfit, and Anna without her white streak, I need Anna with her white stripe in her hair and when she and Kristoff in their outfits during the fixer upper segment in the movie.

Disney Descendants

I've got Freddie, Lonnie, Carlos, Jay, Audrey, CJ Hook and Jane. I need Jordon, Ali, Evie, Mal, Uma, and Dizzie. I'm hoping they do Gil and Harry.

Monster High

I only have the original dolls, not the newer cheap versions.

My Custom dolls

My Attack on Titan customs are coming along nicely. Near enough all the adults are complete (I need to get another Jurassic World Owen doll fir Mike because the head caved in when I was rerooting it). Some of the bodies are still headless or body less (Anaka, and Marlene). Erwin is still in need of a re root,going to use the smaller needle for his hair. Tomas I've started to re root so he needs to be done. For the Ever After High characters, female Eren is near enough re rooted got some more to do, the same with Isabel. Jean needs to have his re root finished, Levi needs his hair and flock doing.

Interesting opinions! I will say I originally thought the shoppies were creepy, something about their eyes I guess XD

I'll give a couple of my opinions on some of the lines/dolls you listed in case you wanted to hear them :)

80s-90s Barbies honestly have to be my favorite period of Barbie. I feel like their face paint was so much prettier and they were overall prettier dolls than the newer ones. I guess saturated colors go a long way, LOL! I'm probably biased since I grew up with these types of dolls as hand-me-downs, but oh well. ;)

As for the Barbie Fashonistas, I only have a small handful. I like them, I just wish they had more articulation. I also wish the quality control was higher as mine have some small hiccups, like extra plastic for example.

I'm okay with most of the Disney Store dolls. I want to get some, but only to use their face for customizing. I think they're nice and everything, however I feel they're a bit over priced and some of the molds don't fit the characters entirely. I also don't like how they did Ariel's tail on her mermaid release. I wish they would've used a more movie accurate look, even if it would've been a bit more fragile, however I'm probably more of a tough critic about her since she's my favorite princess.
The Mattel Disney Princess dolls are probably my favorite, specifically the one from around the 2000s. I feel like they really nailed a lot of the faces from this time (I still hold their Ariel face from around 2005-2006 the best Ariel). The only thing that's bad about them is that with the reboot they changed a lot of the good molds and everything seemed to be of lesser quality.
The Hasbro(?) Princesses are better in the faces category, but that's about it. I don't like their proportions and some designs they make baffle me. Like how Mulan's hair is longer than Rapunzel's...

Monster High dolls are honestly my favorite dolls of all time and I'd go into detail about them but there;s a MH forum site already soooo XD

A lot of the dolls available at the moment don't really do it for me (which is good news for my finances!). I feel like LOL Surprise are overpriced for a blindbag-type item and I'm not into Shopkins.

Monster High is where it's at for me, best doll line ever <3, my gateway drug into doll collecting. For someone who used to play Vampires, Witches and Werewolves with their Barbies, Monster High just feels like the perfect toy-line. I know they're on the way out now, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the ones I have. And of course scouring second-hand shops for dolls and accessories is always fun. (I like second-hand acquisitions more than new ones really, I like the restoration aspect.)

Ever After High: I really love the books by Shannon Hale. She actually made me like Apple White :O. I don't actively seek out the dolls, but I have a few I found in charity shops. I have a 17" Maddie Hatter that I bought for 50p (only missing her shoes) and I love her to bits!

Equestria Girls: The early ones are weird but cute! I have an Applejack that I bought for my multi-gen Applejack army, and she is just adorable. She even has a hat! The minis are really sweet too. The new dolls are nice, but I haven't taken the plunge and bought one yet.

DC Superhero Girls: I think these are petering out now. I liked them, I wish they'd made more characters. The little webisodes were fun too.

I may as well admit that I am a sucker for any old and/or badly damaged doll, so my collection also includes an Evi Love doll that I found in the road broken into five pieces and apparently run over but was able to repair; a baby doll that I found lying naked on a grass verge in the rain; a 1940s/50s celluloid doll that I bought from an estate sale and who is so badly damaged she was refused by a professional doll hospital (I have covered her wounds with a cute knitted outfit and she lives in a box); and an early 1960s Bild Lilli clone with no legs or hair (currently wearing a long dress and a wig). I also have a small collection of 1960s/70s Amanda Janes, some Palitoy Pippas, 1980s Famille Glady, and an accidental collection of porcelain dolls (hey, it happens).

Photo Time!
Rhoda, the doll who was found broken in the road: https://imgur.com/a/xJJPnCS
Dove, the celluloid doll, on a rare trip out of her box: https://imgur.com/a/oOC616i
Lola, the Bild Lilli clone, before she got her wig: https://imgur.com/a/QbYfPHO
17" Maddie Hatter (buying clothes for her is fun): https://imgur.com/a/jRdIJxZ
Equestria Girls Applejack: https://imgur.com/a/z8IgBEq
Damaged Monster High girl inhabitants of Shaz's Doll Hospital (the ghoul with the crutches has since had leg reattachment surgery :)): https://imgur.com/a/kCvE4bL
Most recent second-hand Monster High find: https://imgur.com/a/669eD8J

I enojoyed reading your opinions too! It really warms my heart that you take in those beat up dolls BTW. They look really cute and happy to be having a second chance at "life". ;)

For EQ, I really liked the first movie releases the most. Idk why, probably because their outfits were soooooooo inaccurate it was funny or the fond memories of the headless Celestia stories, that particular wave will always be suck in my mind.

DC Super hero girls would be one of my favorite series if the costumes were better. They're passable, just not my thing.

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 06:06:58 PM »
LOL Surprise - no thank you.

EAH - I have a few of these. I was really picky with this line but for some reason I had to have the original Apple. I still don't know why. I have her here in my university room. I also have a couple of others. Wonderland Kitty is here too. The last one I bought was Justine. She may be my other favourite aside Apple. I had to get her from ebay though as my stores were flooded with Meeshell who I didn't want and no Justines. I like the line's poseability but I am not really a doll person so it tended to be only the ones that really grabbed me and which were not too overpriced. I think it's sad the line ended when it did - at least in a meaningful sense.

MH - I do still love these but MH died for me when Ghoulia disappeared and they meddled with the canon. I liked the original storylines in the specials but I hate Frankie taking over Ghoulia's space in the storyline and Ghoulia is my favourite so yeah. Although dollwise I liked some of the reboot Lagoonas and Rochelles (no sticky hair!) Sticky hair is the enemy of MH. I've tried to downsize and be more picky - I even sold a Ghoulia a while back - to keep only the ones I really like best. I'm not much for trying to get every version of every doll. I loved the concepts of these though - if I was a kid now I would have had MH and not MLP I think as G4 doesn't compare in originality toywise.

Equestria Girls - I still love the old goofy ones. I have the new reboot Sunset Shimmer, the original release one and I really like her, but she lives with the MH dolls. Meantime I have a whole collection of the original EQG dolls lurking around loose and MIB in my room. I only tend to buy them from carboot sales now when they're articulated or if it's Sunset Shimmer for whom I have a fondness. I don't understand why her doll colouring is orange and her pony colouring is yellow but whatever. The one with the fancy wings from Rainbow Rocks is my to do list holder on my desk. She's just the right size.

Shoppies - I have none of these because I have no space. I see them all the time at the carboot sales and stuff but have so far resisted. I think they appeal to me not because of them being dolls but because they have really nice looking hair in interesting colours. I feel similarly about some of the Enchantimals although haven't felt compelled to buy them either yet.

Jem is my go to doll collection, always has been, at least since around 2000-2001. I didn't intend to collect Jem but I ended up finding a Kimber doll and a Jem video at a toy fair. Was going to trade the video, watched it to make sure it worked...bad idea. Kimber stayed. Later found out she was a rarer red hair 2nd edition version. Now have a little cabinet of them :) I also have a few IT dolls as well. Jem is my #2 collection behind MLP. It has been downsized and pruned at times to remove Jem and Rio, mostly - but it is the least likely collection of mine to be culled after MLP. I love the IT dolls but can't afford any more of them xD. Still amazed I got Regine at retail price when she sold out on release day within hours.

I hate Megan, Megan, Megan and Molly :) I own them. I just hate them xD.

I have a few Japanese dolls as well. I think I have three from Sotsugyou M (2 are Nakamoto, one loose and one in box, never did yet get Takagi :/) and I also have two now from Saiyuki (Sanzou was a fluke, Gojou was the one I really wanted and never thought I would get but I did O.O). Japanese dolls are kind of weird to me, but the Saiyuki ones in particular are really intricate in the details. I have a feeling I still maybe have Tenchi and Ryoko in my wardrobe as well, from Tenchi Muyou. I did have Aeka at one point also, but I don't think I still have her.

Also, 2 pullips. I don't collect these. But I think they are really beautiful and intricate and some of them are stunning. I don't have money or space to have a collection of them - I have nomado and I have one in a kimono who is still in her box and that is all. I got Nomado because of her guitar I think, it looked really cool. She sits on top of my speaker and sometimes falls off onto the pot plant below...

First rule of dolls for me - must have proper hair. Even male dolls. :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 06:10:19 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 07:39:45 PM »
I had dolls as a kid and used to love making clothes for them. Somewhere I have patterns for 6 inch and 12 inch dolls, but bringing up kids means that most of my hobby stuff has been stored away.

Dolls that I have owned:

70s and early 80s Sindy - inherited a couple of 70s ones from my babysitter, plus I remember my Mum buying me a cute blonde one in a funky gold outfit and rollerskates back in the 80s. I used to love their plump faces so much!

70s Pippa - inherited from my babysitter - I considered classic Pippa utterly beautiful, so teeny, petite, pretty eyes and long hair. Managed to get a few more as an adult - Britt, Marie etc.

80s Barbie - I always wanted Crystal Barbie, never got her as a kid but at last I did as an adult! So Dynasty, so 80s OTT, just fabulous!

Barbie My Scene - wow, the OTT eyes and lips, I just fell for these, I always look out for them at charity stores and boot sales.

MH - Lagoona all the way! I find her face and blue/green colouring (and freckles) so pretty, if I see her in the wild I will buy her, if I see the others I will too, if the price is low hehe.

Disney Frozen - loved these, have all the deluxe sets, dresses etc. Have classic Hans in both the original grey suit and the white suit, he's a bad boy but dresses so well  :lol:

Disney Cinderella - have the deluxe set - it's the Tremaines that do it for me - awesome face moulds of the step mum + sisters.

Disney Little Mermaid - deluxe set - Vanessa is so unusual with her purple-tint body. I can't believe how her price has gone crazy these past few years!

Disney Tangled - Mother Gothel is just AWESOME. I have a few versions of Rapunzel too.

Disney 6 inch doll sets - including Frozen, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Tangled etc.

80s Jem - adored the cartoon, found the dolls in the wild over the years, not too impressed with them mould-wise but the styling of the Misfits kicked butt!

LOL Dolls - my kid has a couple and that is enough - her fun comes from opening them up, thereafter she doesn't play with them. The babies look a bit creepy to me.

Shoppies - my kid has these and I am now finding them at charity stores (yay cheaper!) they have lovely styled hair but apart from that, meh.

Bratz - have a box of these bought from various car boots, I went through a phase a few years ago. I know my sis-in-law took offence to how trampy they looked and refused to let her young daughters have them. Have you seen the ones that have been customised to look natural?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal