collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bootlegs on eBay?  (Read 3308 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Bootlegs on eBay?
« on: October 18, 2018, 07:22:36 AM »
Meh.

I received bootleg dvds on eBay. I wouldn't care so much except I paid $70+ for them and that's crazy.

What's the best way to go forward. Is this INAD? Should I message the seller first?

-__- I'm so bummed
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Bootlegs on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:41:08 AM »
Oof. Is the seller selling other DVDS, or were those the only listings?
I'd say that this is not as described.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:07:50 AM »
They have lots of other DVDs. In fact they had multiple copies for what I bought (and I had assumed it was deadstock, but I'm a dummy and didn't realize it wasn't even released as a box set..)

Feedback is 1200-1500 range... 98%. There was 1 feedback that said whatever they bought was a bootleg but they responded their stuff was legit. I guess that should of been a clue, but I believe some buyers are ridiculous so I took it with a grain of salt bc so many positives :/

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 09:15:46 AM »
Ask the seller for a refund then file an item not described-

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 09:17:10 AM »
Contact the seller and if they aren't willing to sort it out then contact eBay. If the description didn't state they were bootlegs or if the seller stated that they were the real things then that's not as described and misleading. Plus if the seller is stating to others that the DVDs are the real deal then once again that's false, you've got the evidence to prove it. You could more than likely open up a case for it.

I hope everything gets sorted! I'm so sorry this has happened, especially when you've paid so much :(

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 09:43:56 AM »
Contact the seller and if they aren't willing to sort it out then contact eBay. If the description didn't state they were bootlegs or if the seller stated that they were the real things then that's not as described and misleading. Plus if the seller is stating to others that the DVDs are the real deal then once again that's false, you've got the evidence to prove it. You could more than likely open up a case for it.

I hope everything gets sorted! I'm so sorry this has happened, especially when you've paid so much :(

If I'm reading this right you are saying if the seller didn't say it was a bootleg in the listing I am out of luck? TBH fairly sure bootlegs aren't allowed on eBay despite all the junk from China..

TOS: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/fake-items-policy?id=4276

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »

If I'm reading this right you are saying if the seller didn't say it was a bootleg in the listing I am out of luck? TBH fairly sure bootlegs aren't allowed on eBay despite all the junk from China..

TOS: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/fake-items-policy?id=4276

Ah no, no, no sorry, I'm not good at explaining things! I mean if they didn't state they were bootlegs then it's a misleading item and should be reported/ a case should be opened and if they are telling other buyers that their DVDs are not bootlegs then that's an item that's 'not as described' so you should tell eBay that too. I was thinking that bootleg DVDs and similar items are illegal? So there's another reason to report it to eBay.

Sorry for worrying you there!  :(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 10:31:36 AM by StrawberrySundance »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 10:32:21 AM »
Oh no worries, you probably explained it fine. XD I dont always comprehend what I read!

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 10:41:10 AM »
Oh no worries, you probably explained it fine. XD I dont always comprehend what I read!

Ah okay, honestly I haven't been with it this week, my brain has left me XD

I hope you can get this sorted, especially since you've payed over $70 for an item. I'm really surprised there's not much negative feedback, maybe others haven't picked up on the items or possibly the seller has just started selling bootlegs out of the blue? It's really odd and I'm sorry you've got to put up with it :(

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 10:41:18 AM »
Welp. I forgot there isn't really an INAD anymore, and it's just "return item".

So I did that and used "Item doesn't seem authentic" was in the drop down. We will see how that goes.

>_< I unfortunately opened another case too today for some boots that had incorrect measurements... so hopefully ebay doesn't think I'm opening up too many cases.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 10:59:45 PM »
From what I recall about cases like this in the past (not my personal experience) eBay may side with you since the product is bootleg and against their terms of service and refund you without requiring the product be returned, instead the product must be destroyed...
I'd say your best course of action would be through eBay and reporting the seller, they're clearly aware their product is counterfeit and likely won't care about your complaints.

Don't quote me on this though. Good luck, sorry you're in such a crummy situation.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 03:12:08 AM »
I had Ebay want to me to return some clearly counterfeit games to the seller on one occasion. I had to really fight with them to make the case that returning them to the seller would just encourage the seller to sell them again. This was a seller selling stuff on a large scale thus probably generating good money for ebay, but although I got my refund without returning the games (since destroyed), I wasn't allowed to leave negative feedback for the seller (it was removed), no action was taken against the seller and they continued to sell the same listings on ebay after that event.

I sent plenty of proof photos to Ebay at the time and they acknowledged I was right. But although they sided with me in the end with the refund without return, it took a while to persuade them and ultimately they didn't take action overall. So you might get your refund, but don't guarantee you'll stop it from happening again :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal