collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funny Fakie stories  (Read 1158 times)

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Funny Fakie stories
« on: October 17, 2018, 08:09:04 PM »
I have a funny story about what I THOUGHT was a fakie that I'd like to share--my dad got me some old MLPs, and among them was a catlike creature with a hairy back and tail. I assumed it was a fakie, but it turned out to be Lady Lovelylocks' dog, Silkypup (who looked nothing like the illustrations or show.) Do you have any funny MLP fakie stories?

Offline lhaldimann

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=555736545&ref=profile
Re: Funny Fakie stories
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:20:10 AM »
I asked my mom to pick me ponies if she saw any at yard sale/antiques and to not pick me fakies.
Some time alter that I showed her a greek collector pose and she said : « I would never have picked it cause it doesn’t have « Hasbro » written on it and you say « no fakies ». »  oops  :lookround:

I told her to take everything that looks like a pony now just in case  :whistle:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Caramel crunch made by Mandy85. Thank you !
My want list / For sale / trade

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 08:50:41 AM »
My friends/coworkers (who are my age) and mom who are not as along for the pony ride as my Dad (he's just absorbed things from being dragged to the pony fair lol) will see a G1 and go "is that a fakie? That one doesn't look real". Noo she's real and I love her. :nerdy: Everyone's just used to G3/G4 if they didn't grow up with G1.
My dad was also confused by G2s. I was sifting through a bunch of ponies at this one flea market stand and he was confused when I brought very un-mlp looking ponies out.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 01:00:24 PM »
Somewhere in her wanderings my mother managed to find what looks to be a handmade dresser runner with an embroidered Magic Star and Posey (?) on either side.  The colors are not even remotely correct so it had to be made by hand!

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »
Thinking a G1 is a fakie, that would be blasphemy in this house.  LOL  ;)

I've got two fakie stories, but I don't know if they're funny.  Maybe you had to be there.

When I was little I saw the Loving Family Ponies in a store and fell instantly in love.  I wanted them SO bad.  So for Christmas I asked for "The My Little Ponies that come with a mom and a dad and a baby."  On Christmas morning I woke up to a fakie set of a mom and a baby.  (I think they were Remco ponies)  I was so disappointed.  :(  I thought maybe Santa was stupid and couldn't tell a real MLP if it bit him in the butt.  :P 

Many years later I found out my mom had tried very hard to find them but the were sold out, so she did the best she could.  I guess she didn't realize that I would have rather had just any real ponies she could find rather than fakies.  XD  (Now I have the complete Sweet Celebrations Family, including the UK sister, and slowly working on the other two families so I am happy)

I still kept those two with my ponies even though I didn't like them.  Until in my teens I did a comprehensive cleaning and cataloging of my collection and tossed those two in a box, where, presumably they still are with a bunch of other fakies I've gotten in lots and what not.  When I find that box I plan to give them all away to a thrift store.

Fakies are now banned from my collection.  ... Except for two...

Going to garage sales and flea markets is something me and my mom have long loved to do together.  I look for ponies and such, she looks for dishes, planters and such.  One time we came across this fakie.  Not sure of the brand but it's blue with a yellow molded on saddle and bridle, and a heart on it's forehead.  When you squeeze it the heart lights up and it makes whinnying and galloping noises.  My mom thought it was so cute and started playing with it.  I admitted it wasn't ugly, although told my mom she was a dork.  ;)  Mom said I should get it and keep it, so I did since my mom liked it so much.  Some time later I found another one in light green and kept that one too.  They sit on a shelf with real MLPs and I call them my "Honorary Ponies"  I consider them as belonging to my mom, but they live in my herd.
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 03:33:44 AM »
Twenty years or so ago, one summer, my family were down in the south west for the Dorset Steam Fair, where we also met up with Reaperfox, one of my first pony acquaintances. We were both about 16 at the time and we went off round the steam fair together, hunting ponies. In our hunts, we found a couple of really ugly ponies that looked like fakies. We made some jokes about them and then walked on, leaving them there.

After the fair was done, Reaperfox's dad surprised her with a present - the two ponies we had seen. He gave them to her as a joke because they were weird looking, and so she kept them, even though we thought of them as fakies.

Some years later, when Spanish pony information began coming out online, we learned that these two "fakies" were actually piggy ponies! I am really glad that they ended up with Reaperfox because it would've been such an annoyance to have left them out there because the community just didn't know about piggies at the time. I don't like piggies, so it's not likely I would've kept them, more likely I would've donated them, if they had come to me. But she kept them because her Dad gave them to her.

She still has them xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 05:30:01 AM »

Fakies are now banned from my collection.  ... Except for two...

Going to garage sales and flea markets is something me and my mom have long loved to do together.  I look for ponies and such, she looks for dishes, planters and such.  One time we came across this fakie.  Not sure of the brand but it's blue with a yellow molded on saddle and bridle, and a heart on it's forehead.  When you squeeze it the heart lights up and it makes whinnying and galloping noises.  My mom thought it was so cute and started playing with it.  I admitted it wasn't ugly, although told my mom she was a dork.  ;)  Mom said I should get it and keep it, so I did since my mom liked it so much.  Some time later I found another one in light green and kept that one too.  They sit on a shelf with real MLPs and I call them my "Honorary Ponies"  I consider them as belonging to my mom, but they live in my herd.

Those are Buddy L fakies. :) I had a pink Earth pony with a yellow bridle and I think a Heart on forehead. I still remember playing with her and my childhood ponies. She ran to the top of the Lullabye Nursery to signal the other ponies. :lol:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 01:57:00 AM »
Twenty years or so ago, one summer, my family were down in the south west for the Dorset Steam Fair, where we also met up with Reaperfox, one of my first pony acquaintances. We were both about 16 at the time and we went off round the steam fair together, hunting ponies. In our hunts, we found a couple of really ugly ponies that looked like fakies. We made some jokes about them and then walked on, leaving them there.

After the fair was done, Reaperfox's dad surprised her with a present - the two ponies we had seen. He gave them to her as a joke because they were weird looking, and so she kept them, even though we thought of them as fakies.

Some years later, when Spanish pony information began coming out online, we learned that these two "fakies" were actually piggy ponies! I am really glad that they ended up with Reaperfox because it would've been such an annoyance to have left them out there because the community just didn't know about piggies at the time. I don't like piggies, so it's not likely I would've kept them, more likely I would've donated them, if they had come to me. But she kept them because her Dad gave them to her.

She still has them xD.

This is a lovely story  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 07:36:14 AM »
These are great stories!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »
Those are Buddy L fakies. :) I had a pink Earth pony with a yellow bridle and I think a Heart on forehead. I still remember playing with her and my childhood ponies. She ran to the top of the Lullabye Nursery to signal the other ponies. :lol:

Ponyfan
That is really adorable!  Thanks, it's good to know the brand now!  I don't think mine work anymore, I wonder if I could fix them?
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 03:24:21 PM »
Does it count as a funny fakie story that I have endless boxes of fakies because my nearby goodwill doesn't sort reals and fakes so I need to buy like, five fakies for each G1 I find? And the place calls all gens ponies fakies at times???? I have literaly bought boxes with fakies and actual ponies from each and every generation with a huge "not authentic" tape on it.

Oh and then there's the time one of my mothers friends at her workplace heard I collect ponies and started loading fakies to us until we had to tell her to just stop. One of those fakies has randomly just been living on my mothers office for months now.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 01:12:34 AM »

Ponyfan
That is really adorable!  Thanks, it's good to know the brand now!  I don't think mine work anymore, I wonder if I could fix them?

I love Buddy L fakies, I have one with a light-up horn and flapping wings. You can generally fix them by changing the batteries. I think they take 2x AA or AAA (can't remember which). There's a screw on their underside that you unscrew to get to the battery compartment.

We have a big box full of fakies and miscellaneous horse toys that my girlfriend acquired when she was little and would buy anything pony-shaped. Her favourites were a purple Totsy unicorn called Lavender, a Remco deer who was missing his hair and thus rejoiced in the name of Baldy, and a donkey-style unicorn fakie who was grey with blue hair and was known as Mouldy. You'd have thought a name like that would mean she didn't like him, but he was actually often the hero in her games and stories, generally rescuing the baby ponies from various terrible things.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »
Fake wise  I love Remco ones, I am looking for every variant there is, if you come across any please let me know,.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal