collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FIM Season 8 episodes 25 and 26 "School Raze" Season 8 finale  (Read 6425 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I really enjoyed the season finale.  :)

Spoiler

I think this is one of the best season finales. Although there were a few moments where I wondered why Twilight and her friends couldn't figure out something really obvious. I knew when the key broke that walking in to Tartarus was a trap but it took Twilight much longer to figure that out.

I really enjoyed the students in this episode and loved Sandbar's plan to fool Neighsay into freeing him so he could go back and free the rest of the trapped students.

So Cozy Glow is just a power hungry pony? I knew she was plotting something for a while but figured she was either Chrysalis in disguise or being used by another villain. It was interesting that Tirek thought  he was using Cozy Glow to get revenge on Twilight but Cozy was really using him for her own purpose.

I loved that the Tree of Harmony released the students from the magic orb when they all risked their lives to pull Gallus out.

I actually enjoyed watching Pinkie annoy Tirek with her parties. :lol:

It was nice not to see Cozy Glow reformed but is she stuck in Tartarus for forever?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: FIM Season 8 episodes 25 and 26 "School Raze" Season 8 finale
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:16:55 AM »
Spoiler
I really enjoyed this finale. I thought season 7 finale was okay but kind of the same old same old with the villain getting to be friends. And I just plain didn't enjoy the resolutions to season 5 and season 6. But I really liked this finale. I love the students, and my favorite student Sandbar got lots of screentime. I enjoy Cozy Glow as a villain a lot. She knows what she wants and she is going to get it! :lol:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 10:40:14 AM »
I thought having fantastic beasts jailed was stupid because they are just animals doing their thing.
Spoiler
But having a filly jailed is beyond stupid.
I thought she was to be revealed to be an adult pony who just looks like a kid. Like Baby Doll from the Batman universe... this show redeems adult villains but kids are put behind bars.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 12:36:39 PM »
Spoiler
That's the one thing that kind of brought the episode down a notch for me. Cozy's probably one of the most dangerous villains we've seen so far given how she was able to manipulate others so easily but locking her in Tartarus for forever seems very harsh. I'm wondering if the Season 9 premiere will tell us more about Cozy and reveal if she's really the filly she appears to be.   

Ponyfan

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 02:49:22 PM »
I liked this one a lot more than the rest of the season.
Spoiler
I was underwhelmed by Tartarus, I was kinda hoping for...more? This just seems like an abandoned pet store to me. Like, Tirek really can't be the only villain in there aside from some animals, right?
Cozy getting locked in there and the ending does hint that she will be back for season 9, but I was waiting for the Chrysalis reveal. It does suck that they locked a child in. Like, that's a child. Out of all the villains to redeem, I feel like she was a better contender over Starlight. Reveal that she was under the influence of Chrysalis or Sombra or something.
I did really enjoy this as a finale. Even as someone who doesn't care much for the student 6, it was still enjoyable and fun to watch them interact and save the day.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 04:20:04 PM »
Spoiler
I’m glad they locked Cozy Glow up.  Just because she’s a filly shouldn’t absolve her of a severe punishment for her actions.  She deserved what she got.  However, they put her awwwwfully close to Tirek for my liking.  A possible escape for season 9, perhaps? 
Also...come ON, Neighsay, I liked you til you went all reformed on me.  That was such a huge disappointment.  I felt like this while episode wasn’t even MLP.  It was “random creatures save some ponies”.  They really jumped the shark when they started this ridiculous school. But, admittedly, the episode was worth it just to see what was up with Cozy.  She screamed “bad news” from the very beginning LOL.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 08:27:28 AM »
Spoiler
I think Cozy deserved to be punished but don’t think locking/sealing her in Tartarus in a cage next to Tirek was the right course of action. I think we’ll definitely see her again in Season 9. Cozy was way too excited when she realized she was next to Tirek.

Did Twilight forgot to mention that Tirek was the one that was teaching Cozy how to drain magic in the first place?

Are there no places anywhere in Equestria where Cozy could have been could have been under guard besides Tartarus?

It seems like each creature’s place in Tartarus was based on how “evil” they were so the animals were placed near the door while Tirek and Cozy are closer to the back and guarded by Cerberus.

I still think it’s possible that Cozy is really Chrysalis.

I wonder if we’ll see more of the students in Season 9 since they’ve proven they also represent the elements of Harmony?

Ponyfan

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 09:50:02 AM »
Cozy Glow reminded me of Darla Dimple from the movie Cats Don't Dance, Darla went crazy when Danny the Cat ruined her scene, plus she plotted against the animals.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 05:20:33 PM »
Cozy Glow reminded me of Darla Dimple from the movie Cats Don't Dance, Darla went crazy when Danny the Cat ruined her scene, plus she plotted against the animals.

And they are both clearly inspired by Shirley Temple.... :wonder:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 09:42:40 PM »
It was . . . okay?

Spoiler
I too thought the fantastic beasts being jailed was dumb, especially since the impression I got from previous episode was that the ponies were content to let them exist in the Everfree Forest, as long as they didn't stray into civilized lands and start wreaking havoc.

Also Cozy Glow being jailed is just???  For real?  I thought there'd be a big reveal about how she was really Chrysalis or something.  If she's really truly a filly then jailing her is not right.

I don't remember getting any insight into her motivations either, although it is possible I just missed that part.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 06:20:16 AM »
Spoiler
At least Tirek's motivation made sense. He wanted revenge on Twilight and her friends and thought he'd enjoy seeing them trapped in Tartarus for forever until he realized exactly what that meant.

These two clips show Cozy's motivation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_QsKvBlIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlvRxZ1NFQw

The more I think about the more I believe Cozy Glow isn't really a pony. In one clip she said "You ponies" instead of "us ponies" but that might just be because  she doesn't believe in the Elements of Harmony. Where are Cozy's parents?

Ponyfan

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 07:40:16 AM »
Good point, Ponyfan. Where are her dang parents.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 03:33:34 PM »
Spoiler
The lack of parents also makes me suspect that Cozy might not be a pony. I think she said her parents sent her to the school when she first met Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Sccotaloo but now I'm thinking that's just a lie she told to get in to the school

Neighsay was ready to contact the students' guardians when he thought they were behind the magic disappearing in Equestria, but even after Cozy is defeated there's no mention of contacting her parents/guardians. 

Ponyfan

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 04:25:51 PM »
Spoiler
Betsy DeVos if she was a grouchy old unicorn: gets a pass.  Mentally disturbed filly: BANNED TO HELL!

Yeah, this finale was weird.  Tartaurus was underwhelming, seeming more like an inhumane petting zoo, with creatures in cages barely bigger than they are, and there happens to be one villain there too.  I had pictured it being a form of hypermax prison with some of the worst criminals in Equestria's history locked up there.

And Cozy Glow is definitely disturbed.  I don't think she's not a pony.  The "you pony" line is like saying "you people".  Unless we get something, she's just a seriously disturbed individual.  And I don't like locking her up with Tirek will help anyone.

Still, better than the past finales.  Though, Neighsay needs to be stripped of his position.  It's people like him that is wrong with our government right now and letting him keep his position is a bad message of children.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: FIM Season 8 episodes 25 and 26 \"School Raze\" Season 8 finale
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 05:29:30 AM »
I hope the next season will reveal Cozy to be someone else or possessed or whatever. I don't care if it's a cartoon horse or not, but a little kid character being portrayed as a scheming threat that has a weird mentor/student relationship to an adult villain is just odd to me.

I am not saying this is the worst the show has ever done but it's so weird, man.

Post Merge: October 19, 2018, 05:34:33 AM

And they are both clearly inspired by Shirley Temple.... :wonder:

Good observation.
I wonder why Shirley Temple inspired characters are made out to be evil. The rl Shirley suffered severe abuse and s****l harrassment throughout her childhood/career and it messed her up.
Maybe that's why evil Cozy pony + Tirek doesn't sit well with me.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:34:33 AM by Zapper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal