collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair Color Match for HQG1C Genie?  (Read 779 times)

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Hair Color Match for HQG1C Genie?
« on: October 15, 2018, 02:56:21 PM »
Does anyone know what purple from Dollyhair matches Genie from the HQG1C line? The one my friend ordered came without a tail, and attempts to contact the manufacturer to get one apparently aren't looking good (from what I understand). This pony's rear DS leg is also longer than the others, so she has trouble staying upright; I'm hoping her having a tail with help her balance better. Please note that I'm not worried about the silver tinsel; just the right tone of purple.

Thanks! :D
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
Re: Hair Color Match for HQG1C Genie?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 03:26:53 AM »
Clipper told us once that the hair color is unique on Genie and has never used on another pony before. Good for Genie, bad for us. So when I rehaired my Genie I used Sour Grapes from Dollyhair (the Glory hair color) and dyed this hair a tad blueish with Rit Dye. Maybe you can ask Clipper too, whether he might have a Genie tail left...

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 04:43:10 PM »
Clipper told us once that the hair color is unique on Genie and has never used on another pony before. Good for Genie, bad for us. So when I rehaired my Genie I used Sour Grapes from Dollyhair (the Glory hair color) and dyed this hair a tad blueish with Rit Dye. Maybe you can ask Clipper too, whether he might have a Genie tail left...
It's my understanding that they've already been contacted and there isn't one. Sour Grapes will at least get me started, though! :D Thank you! I might mix it with some of the dark blue color I have then, and see how that looks. :think: Do you remember what color of blue Rit dye you used?
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 11:46:29 PM »
Hm, it was a dark blue of course but a blueish one like denim or royal blue. The navy one tends to turn into purple so it wouldn't help. What you can try as well - use after midnight by dollyhair and dye it purple.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal