collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: (SOLVED)Package has still not arrived...should I be worried?  (Read 11854 times)

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
(SOLVED)Package has still not arrived...should I be worried?
« on: October 13, 2018, 04:29:56 AM »
This is the correct place to post this right...?

Anyway, last Thursday (4th oct.) a purchased a pony from eBay, unfortunately the poor thing is being delivered by Hermes Not my first choice for delivery and everything was going well for the next few days; order was being tracked and parcel was moving swiftly through the process until it just stopped. Last update I got on my parcel was on the 6th at around 8pm with the details 'Driver not scanned at depot'. Its been almost a week now since that update and the parcel was expected to arrive yesterday or today but I have had no further details of my poor pony  :( My mum says that I should give it till Monday but its supposed to have arrived today. What should I do? Shall I see if it arrives this afternoon or this evening? Should I give it till Monday? Or should I get in contact with the delivery service bearing in mind they are not the nicest nor most helpful...

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: No mail this afternoon or this evening, there has been no update on tracking. I've also emailed the company and waiting for a reply

EDIT 2: Contacted the seller and he too was furious at Hermes and has put in a support claim and will let me know if anything happens. Also, I checked my tracking history and it says 'Label reprint' and ' Northern' in grey below so I'm guessing it was sent elsewhere?

EDIT 3: Now at customers local depot. Should be on its way today or tomorrow hopefully.
Thank you for all your help everyone :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:20:15 AM by StrawberrySundance »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Package has still not arrived...should I be worried?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 05:15:06 AM »
Was it guaranteed delivery or expected delivery?

You are backed up by buyer protection. So just ask your seller to look into it. It's either late, or you'll eventually get a refund if the worst happens.

But I can't chime in much further since I have no experience with Hermes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 05:41:13 AM »
I think it was only expected delivery, so I guess it's worth giving it a few more days.
If it doesn't arrive or the details don't update, I'll contact both the delivery service and the seller, I just hope it hasn't been lost somewhere along the way  :huh:

Thanks for the advice :)

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 11:00:29 AM »
I have had bad luck with Hermes, as well as Yodel  :lookround: I had a them send me a parcel but it was sent to Scotland instead of Liverpool??? I wonder what it means the item was not scanned at depot? it could have jut been missed and is on a shelf somewhere, I would contact them on the phone or twitter. I hope she gets to you fine!

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 12:12:22 PM »
I honestly hate Hermes with a passion, they like to throw my mail over the fence instead of knocking on the door  :huh:
How did that happen? Liverpool is no where near Scotland nor does 'Scotland' sound anything like Liverpool, I hope they resent that item to the correct address!

From what I googled it means 'Parcel has been received at depot but has not been scanned onto a van for delivery to courier. Allow longer for tracking to update. ' I mean it's been a week now? So surely that's enough time for it to update right?
I emailed them earlier to but I haven't had a reply yet, I just hope they haven't lost her- she was a G2 pony too...

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 12:20:52 PM »
You are covered by buyer protection anyway, but I would ring Hermes and chase it up using the address on the package. I’ve had this happen where a parcel has been sent to the wrong depot and someone has realised and eventually the package has come full circle and been delivered, just very late!

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 01:03:39 PM »
Im going to ring Hermes in the morning (I think they're open a few hours on Sunday?) Hopefully they can track my pony down and deliver her safely. I kinda feel bad if I get my money back as it's not the sellers fault for losing it  :unsure:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 01:21:32 PM »
Im going to ring Hermes in the morning (I think they're open a few hours on Sunday?) Hopefully they can track my pony down and deliver her safely. I kinda feel bad if I get my money back as it's not the sellers fault for losing it  :unsure:

Don't be sorry. It's the seller's responsibility to get the item to you safely. They chose what courier to ship it with.

Also, let your seller know.

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 01:53:22 PM »

Don't be sorry. It's the seller's responsibility to get the item to you safely. They chose what courier to ship it with.

Also, let your seller know.

I'll contact the seller tomorrow as its late now, should I just explain to them what has happened? Sorry I've never had this happen before  ^^;

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 02:19:41 PM »
Yep. Just tell them exactly what you told us.

That the expected delivery was today, and that there had been no update on the tracking since last week... and that you are worried about if the item is lost.

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 02:28:34 PM »
Yep. Just tell them exactly what you told us.

That the expected delivery was today, and that there had been no update on the tracking since last week... and that you are worried about if the item is lost.

Okay, thank you so much for your help!  :biggrin:

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 04:58:12 AM »
I contacted the seller yesterday and he replied he too has had enough with Hermes not delivering parcels and has put a support claim in and will contact me if anything happens.

I also checked tracking information today and it says 'Label reprinted' so maybe it got sent elsewhere?????

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 05:42:08 AM »
I contacted the seller yesterday and he replied he too has had enough with Hermes not delivering parcels and has put a support claim in and will contact me if anything happens.

I also checked tracking information today and it says 'Label reprinted' so maybe it got sent elsewhere?????

I'm glad your seller is willing to help you out. Crossing your fingers it starts moving and shows up.

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 07:00:56 AM »

I'm glad your seller is willing to help you out. Crossing your fingers it starts moving and shows up.

I know I was afraid incase they weren't willing to but I'm glad they are willing to help  :)
Im guessing they found my parcel and are resending it? I hope so anyway, my fingers are crossed XD

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »
Fingers crossed it turns up soon. I have a feeling it will, it’s just been on a bit of a road trip!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal