collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spirit Riding Free Tiller  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Spirit Riding Free Tiller
« on: October 10, 2018, 08:00:50 PM »
https://www.deviantart.com/littlekunai/art/Spirit-Riding-Free-Tiller-767797067

Every time I think I'm done with this brand...

Anyway this is Just Play's Tiller. I love silver bays! And she has a sweet face and nice pose.

Trying to think of a new name because Tiller is a dumb one.

I'm gonna continue to barn-storm, but some of the names I like are

Tilly's Girl
Teakwood Rose
Taffy Time
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline amanda34

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit Riding Free Tiller
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 11:40:21 AM »
Hello, just seen your picture of your fab mare :) I love collecting model horses of any kind and have never seen or heard of these ones I'm uk based so maybe not over here? anyway what i wanted to ask was, have you named her yet? she's gorgeous. :biggrin:

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 08:02:21 PM »
He's gorgeous! I'm waiting for him to show up at my local Walmart because of the new mold. He has a really nice color although I think it might be flaxen chestnut instead of bay? I guess we'll never know since not all of justplay's horse colors really reflect actual horse colors *glances at Liberty and Bandit*

(also I really like Teakwood Rose as a name)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 08:04:12 PM by BubbleTea »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 07:41:08 AM »
Hello, just seen your picture of your fab mare :) I love collecting model horses of any kind and have never seen or heard of these ones I'm uk based so maybe not over here? anyway what i wanted to ask was, have you named her yet? she's gorgeous. :biggrin:

Thank you. I've named her Teakwood Tilly. Breyer has their own line of SRF toys, so you might try them?

Post Merge: December 05, 2018, 07:42:28 AM

He's gorgeous! I'm waiting for him to show up at my local Walmart because of the new mold. He has a really nice color although I think it might be flaxen chestnut instead of bay? I guess we'll never know since not all of justplay's horse colors really reflect actual horse colors *glances at Liberty and Bandit*

(also I really like Teakwood Rose as a name)

Thanks!

Actually even though I'm sure they stumbled on it by accident. I'd say Liberty bears an uncanny resemblance to an Amber Cream Champagne. Pity Liberty is ruined by that awful head and neck positioning.

Bandit is definitely their worst appaloosa. Photo Negative would have been a more appropriate name.  >_< Which is odd considering how nice Junipero and Tambourine came out.

Somebody on the design team has to be horse crazy, because Just Play has some nice patterns and colors, they just suffer from bad seamlines and funky moulds. (Looking at you Chayo and Liberty.) And the draft mould with no feet irritates me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:52:21 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline amanda34

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 10:43:05 AM »
Hi, just wanted to say that i think Teakwood Tilly is a lovely name for her. :) I'll go check on the Breyer Site.
Thankyou. :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 12:14:15 PM »
Hi, just wanted to say that i think Teakwood Tilly is a lovely name for her. :) I'll go check on the Breyer Site.
Thankyou. :biggrin:

Thank you and good luck. Would highly recommend the Traditional Boomerang model, he is gorgeous. There oughtta be some nice blindbag stablemates too.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 12:22:35 AM »
Late to the party, but anyway... completely agree on the name choice.

I believe that she is supposed to be a Rocky Mountain Horse. The colouring is right on for that. We actually have some of these in SA: saw them in a toy store 2 days ago. I like them! We probably don't have the full range but to have some of them is a real excitement as we are often left out altogether  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 06:33:52 AM »

I believe that she is supposed to be a Rocky Mountain Horse. The colouring is right on for that. We actually have some of these in SA: saw them in a toy store 2 days ago. I like them! We probably don't have the full range but to have some of them is a real excitement as we are often left out altogether  :)

Glad SA isn't being left out. Who all do you guys have there?

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »
I'm not much for them...I mean the show is actually not bad, but the toy horses I can't! I can't get over how they have eyebrows  >_<
:frolic:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 08:25:37 PM »
I'm not much for them...I mean the show is actually not bad, but the toy horses I can't! I can't get over how they have eyebrows  >_<

:lol:

Offline BubbleTea

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 08:25:15 AM »
I'd say Liberty bears an uncanny resemblance to an Amber Cream Champagne.

Pretty good! Way better than my assumption she was a "really really really light shade of mulberry grey"

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 12:39:51 AM »

Thanks LAW, we have: Tiller, Bandit (I like Bandit a lot: very cool colouring), Liberty and then a couple of sets: Abigail and Boomerang, Lucky and Spirit, and another one with an unnamed black horse alone in a stable. No clue who that is as I don't watch the show.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 08:02:34 AM »

Thanks LAW, we have: Tiller, Bandit (I like Bandit a lot: very cool colouring), Liberty and then a couple of sets: Abigail and Boomerang, Lucky and Spirit, and another one with an unnamed black horse alone in a stable. No clue who that is as I don't watch the show.

I dunno who it is either. Looks like a Horseland Horse with that blue streak in its mane.

Offline BubbleTea

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 04:53:22 PM »

I dunno who it is either. Looks like a Horseland Horse with that blue streak in its mane.

I think it's just another one of Justplay's "horses that we made up instead of adding horses from the show that people actually want". Only that this guy never even gets a NAME. Oh well.

Also could Justplay please make a figure of sorrel, smoke, Rosie, the arabian trio, and a collectors series senor carrots? Please?

(Oh, and about that one stable horse, I think he's nice. I've named him Denim Blue. I just wish he got a proper name)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:07:49 PM by BubbleTea »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 08:51:26 PM »

I think it's just another one of Justplay's "horses that we made up instead of adding horses from the show that people actually want". Only that this guy never even gets a NAME. Oh well.

Also could Justplay please make a figure of sorrel, smoke, Rosie, the arabian trio, and a collectors series senor carrots? Please?

(Oh, and about that one stable horse, I think he's nice. I've named him Denim Blue. I just wish he got a proper name)

Well, they do have a plush Senior Carrots. I'd like a normal black horse without the horse land aesthetic. For the big horses, they've made:

Buckskin-1
Spirit Jr.

Palomino-1
Chica Linda

Pinto-1
Boomerang

Appaloosa-3
Junipero, Tambourine, Bandit

Gray-3
Equellus, Chayo, Nibbly

Chestnut-3
Jalapeno, Unnamed Mare and Foal

Blue roan-1
Xerxes

Bay-2
Flaca, Crow

Amber Cream Champagne-1
Liberty

Silver Bay-1
Tiller

Black-1
Unnamed Stable Horse

I don't care if its from the show or if Just Play pulled it outta their rear personally. They've really grown on me. The colors at least are nice, and have decent variety.

When was the last time Breyer, the masters of all beautiful models gave us a nice Champagne, or Cream?

Even though they've had 3 appies and. 3 grays, each one has been a little different.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal