collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Winx Club Mattel Dolls?  (Read 13833 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Winx Club Mattel Dolls?
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:25:57 PM »
Winx Club has been a series I've loved for a long time and a couple years ago I found out about the original dub and the line of dolls from Mattel. However, I noticed they're usually for sale at really high prices and I can't really find much English/American information on it, as in most of the ads and stuff are in another language. Were the first line (the Mattel line) sold heavily in countries that didn't speak English or is it just a coincidence that there is hardly ever English media on these dolls? Also why are they so expensive?

Any information will be helpful! Thank you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Winx Club Mattel Dolls?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »
Huh, I had no idea they'd gotten so expensive.

I guess because they were a little pricey to start with. I seem to recall they were in the range of $24 rather than the typical $10.

Not sure why some of those are so pricey though. Maybe just unavailability? Or just a few sellers with optimistic pricing? The loose dolls don't appear to be very pricey on ebay.

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 05:23:21 AM »
I loved Winx Club and owned 3 dolls. I wanted all of them haha. Actually lately I have been thinking about searching for the Winx dolls again, so seeing this topic peaked my interest!
I think they weren't widely available for a long time so maybe that's why? I don't recall seeing them a lot as a child.
Currently looking for: NIP G1 Sweet Stuff.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 09:53:44 AM »
I remember seeing them in stores.  I know I for some reason bought a bag of dolls that were 90% Winx, about a year ago.  I had no idea what they were at the time and it was one of those why not moments...

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 09:02:21 AM »
Huh, I had no idea they'd gotten so expensive.

I guess because they were a little pricey to start with. I seem to recall they were in the range of $24 rather than the typical $10.

Not sure why some of those are so pricey though. Maybe just unavailability? Or just a few sellers with optimistic pricing? The loose dolls don't appear to be very pricey on ebay.

I'm seeing a lot of mixed pricing with these dolls now. Some going for $15 and others going for $100<
I think it might just be on the seller and whether they know what they have maybe? But something must be going on for such weird price gaps...

I loved Winx Club and owned 3 dolls. I wanted all of them haha. Actually lately I have been thinking about searching for the Winx dolls again, so seeing this topic peaked my interest!
I think they weren't widely available for a long time so maybe that's why? I don't recall seeing them a lot as a child.

Yeah, same here. I don't know if I was just too young to remember though or if I just really never saw them anywhere.

I remember seeing them in stores.  I know I for some reason bought a bag of dolls that were 90% Winx, about a year ago.  I had no idea what they were at the time and it was one of those why not moments...

Lucky! That must've been such a cool find, even if you didn't know what they were at first, lol.

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
On holiday in Skegness I saw Winx Club dolls priced at £2.99 each.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:40:37 AM »
Winx Enthusiast here!

The mattel dolls from what I remember were sold in the US from 2003-2006? I only remember seeing the Season 1 & 2 dolls in store but apparently the season 3 Enchantix dolls were sold here also. (Michael's Winx website had a photo of an Enchantix Bloom in Target go for about 25 USD) Europe seemed to have more available as they even got a Mattel Daphne (Bloom's sister) released as part of the Winx movie merchandise. In terms of second hand pricing, Musa and Techna seem to go for the most.I even recall an MIB Musa Enchantix going for $600 on Ebay.

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 05:13:09 PM »
Winx Enthusiast here!

The mattel dolls from what I remember were sold in the US from 2003-2006? I only remember seeing the Season 1 & 2 dolls in store but apparently the season 3 Enchantix dolls were sold here also. (Michael's Winx website had a photo of an Enchantix Bloom in Target go for about 25 USD) Europe seemed to have more available as they even got a Mattel Daphne (Bloom's sister) released as part of the Winx movie merchandise. In terms of second hand pricing, Musa and Techna seem to go for the most.I even recall an MIB Musa Enchantix going for $600 on Ebay.

Thanks for the information

I wish they were sold more widespread around here since I prefer them to the Jakks Pacific ones but oh well. Any Winx is good Winx.

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline Shaymin568

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 06:16:11 PM »
Winx Enthusiast here!

I wish they were sold more widespread around here since I prefer them to the Jakks Pacific ones but oh well. Any Winx is good Winx.

Yeah I only recall seeing the Season 2 dolls by Mattel in a Target once. The Mattel dolls seem to be the favorite brand among Winx fans.

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »
Winx Enthusiast here!

Yeah I only recall seeing the Season 2 dolls by Mattel in a Target once. The Mattel dolls seem to be the favorite brand among Winx fans.

Apperently this thread gave me good luck because at my local thrift store I found a Mattel first series Bloom doll...However she's missing her top, wings, and shoes...but at least she has her skirt.

I must say owning one now I know why they're liked better. Their hair is much better quality and I think they work better as not being Barbie Size. Plus their clothes/wings are gorgeous.

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline Shaymin568

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 02:34:11 PM »
Especially the Glam Magic Enchantix dolls. The details on those were splendid and decorative.

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 08:10:41 PM »
Especially the Glam Magic Enchantix dolls. The details on those were splendid and decorative.
Indeed, especially the wings. The hair was styled to beautifully too and the clothes were just gorgeous. Such a shame they're the more sought after ones though :( I would've at least liked it if Jakks Pacific tried to make enchantix dolls (besides just the Good Vs. Evil set they made which only included Bloom, Flora, and Stella...) Enchantix is probably just my favorite form in general though.

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline Shaymin568

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 08:03:34 AM »

Indeed, especially the wings. The hair was styled to beautifully too and the clothes were just gorgeous. Such a shame they're the more sought after ones though :( I would've at least liked it if Jakks Pacific tried to make enchantix dolls (besides just the Good Vs. Evil set they made which only included Bloom, Flora, and Stella...) Enchantix is probably just my favorite form in general though.
[/quote]

Yeah the Enchantix designs overall were always my favorite. At one point I had 5/6 Glam Magic Enchantix dolls

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 03:12:04 PM »
I will have to keep an eye out at the next church sale for them.

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 10:09:12 AM »
I'm guessing they are rare because years back they were part of the Saturday morning Fox Kids line up of cartoons and simultaneously could be streamed on 4kids.tv then which was sponsored by the same channel. They didn't have many when I remember trying to buy one as a gift back then and even so I think I had to shop on Amazon just to buy the main character new. :cool:
So a while ago they have a few remakes streaming on Netflix one of the human sized fairies and one of the pixies assigned to them. You may therefore be just dealing with another case of effect of combining mass broadcast + toy obscurity fast-forwarded to generation's nostalgia and an again more recent mass broadcast remakes.
That often increases toy value although it is not always going to be stable.
Anyway my friend was an out of box collector so I did examine that doll, not shabby nor top quality either. The wings detached for her human form, and her legs made Barbie's seem normal length by comparison... so Winx fairies might be related to mosquitos. I vaugely remember they did a nice job around the eye shadowing when you tilted them. Can't remember what the dollhair felt like when touched but vibrant was shiny.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal