collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Winx Club Mattel Dolls?  (Read 13870 times)

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
Re: Winx Club Mattel Dolls?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 01:33:45 AM »
From my experience the Mattel Winx dolls are extremely delicate and breakable, in part due to the fact they are articulated via wire through their limbs as opposed to traditional joint (the number I've seen with broken wires...).
Their wings and outfits are equally fragile, and their hair is that variety of kankeleon where it's beautiful and smooth if you look after it, but a huge tangled puffy mess with regular play and their shoes and accessories are so tiny, so I'm honestly not surprised that very few made it onto the secondhand market, as I'd imagine most got thrown away by parents once they got damaged too severely.
Winx Club also has a sizeable fanbase to this day, so obviously the dolls are still in high demand even now  ^.^
I finally found my grail! :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 06:31:26 PM »
They do still show up at thrift stores now and then. I saw Musa a few months back without her clothes or wings. Had no idea she's already gone up so. Good luck.

Offline misskindle

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • ~Everything must be PINK~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 08:38:29 PM »
I just bought a Believeix Flora doll (she has her outfit, but not the boots or wings.) I think she's really pretty, but I'm not 100% sure I'll keep her... I have  a lot of dolls  :P

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 05:11:09 AM »
I just bought a Believeix Flora doll (she has her outfit, but not the boots or wings.) I think she's really pretty, but I'm not 100% sure I'll keep her... I have  a lot of dolls  :P

I just found a Bloom Believeix today down in a Australian second hand shop, in nearly mint condition with the only major flaw she had was missing one wing! (other than that her hair was a mess and her remaining wing had sections of glitter missing) And from an Australian perspective, I watched the show since the first episode aired until maybe season 3-4 (The last thing I remembered was the girls were at a waterfall and Stella had to make a cup to drink some magical water, but they couldn't touch it so a newer girl 'risked it' i think and I remember an ep with a building that kept on destroying itself with a picture of it on the wall.

So during airing, there was lots of dolls (I got myself a Stella) and it continued for a few years, didn't see much of it until my second or third year of high school. But I also saw 2 Bloom dolls (I grabbed one) and the other one still had plastics in her hair, with plastic moulded clothes and no wings. So idk if it's just ancient or somewhere in Aus is still selling them.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 07:27:56 PM »

I just found a Bloom Believeix today down in a Australian second hand shop, in nearly mint condition with the only major flaw she had was missing one wing! (other than that her hair was a mess and her remaining wing had sections of glitter missing) And from an Australian perspective, I watched the show since the first episode aired until maybe season 3-4 (The last thing I remembered was the girls were at a waterfall and Stella had to make a cup to drink some magical water, but they couldn't touch it so a newer girl 'risked it' i think and I remember an ep with a building that kept on destroying itself with a picture of it on the wall.

So during airing, there was lots of dolls (I got myself a Stella) and it continued for a few years, didn't see much of it until my second or third year of high school. But I also saw 2 Bloom dolls (I grabbed one) and the other one still had plastics in her hair, with plastic moulded clothes and no wings. So idk if it's just ancient or somewhere in Aus is still selling them.

The magical water was from Season 3. And nice find for the thrift store!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal