Pony Talk > The Dollhouse

Winx Club Mattel Dolls?

(1/4) > >>

WaterDraw:
Winx Club has been a series I've loved for a long time and a couple years ago I found out about the original dub and the line of dolls from Mattel. However, I noticed they're usually for sale at really high prices and I can't really find much English/American information on it, as in most of the ads and stuff are in another language. Were the first line (the Mattel line) sold heavily in countries that didn't speak English or is it just a coincidence that there is hardly ever English media on these dolls? Also why are they so expensive?

Any information will be helpful! Thank you :)

Galactica:
Huh, I had no idea they'd gotten so expensive.

I guess because they were a little pricey to start with. I seem to recall they were in the range of $24 rather than the typical $10.

Not sure why some of those are so pricey though. Maybe just unavailability? Or just a few sellers with optimistic pricing? The loose dolls don't appear to be very pricey on ebay.

Sweet Stuff:
I loved Winx Club and owned 3 dolls. I wanted all of them haha. Actually lately I have been thinking about searching for the Winx dolls again, so seeing this topic peaked my interest!
I think they weren't widely available for a long time so maybe that's why? I don't recall seeing them a lot as a child.

kakenterprise:
I remember seeing them in stores.  I know I for some reason bought a bag of dolls that were 90% Winx, about a year ago.  I had no idea what they were at the time and it was one of those why not moments...

WaterDraw:

--- Quote from: Galactica on October 12, 2018, 03:05:19 PM ---Huh, I had no idea they'd gotten so expensive.

I guess because they were a little pricey to start with. I seem to recall they were in the range of $24 rather than the typical $10.

Not sure why some of those are so pricey though. Maybe just unavailability? Or just a few sellers with optimistic pricing? The loose dolls don't appear to be very pricey on ebay.

--- End quote ---

I'm seeing a lot of mixed pricing with these dolls now. Some going for $15 and others going for $100<
I think it might just be on the seller and whether they know what they have maybe? But something must be going on for such weird price gaps...

--- Quote from: Sweet Stuff on October 13, 2018, 05:23:21 AM ---I loved Winx Club and owned 3 dolls. I wanted all of them haha. Actually lately I have been thinking about searching for the Winx dolls again, so seeing this topic peaked my interest!
I think they weren't widely available for a long time so maybe that's why? I don't recall seeing them a lot as a child.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, same here. I don't know if I was just too young to remember though or if I just really never saw them anywhere.

--- Quote from: kakenterprise on October 13, 2018, 09:53:44 AM ---I remember seeing them in stores.  I know I for some reason bought a bag of dolls that were 90% Winx, about a year ago.  I had no idea what they were at the time and it was one of those why not moments...

--- End quote ---

Lucky! That must've been such a cool find, even if you didn't know what they were at first, lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version