collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who was the first pony you bought as an adult?  (Read 6069 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Who was the first pony you bought as an adult?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 03:34:13 AM »
Surprise or Baby Surprise, or both at the same time. Those were the ones my best friend had, and I was most jealous of.
Now I'm owning a small army. Definitely still my favorite pony. 

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 09:04:52 AM »
Princess Tiffany as a Freshman in college.  I ordered her and a handful of other ponies that I had wanted in childhood that my cousin had.  I think Baby Surprise joined her soon after, as I always paired them as mom and baby as a kid.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 10:42:55 AM »
Silly Sunshine. I think I found her in a drug store. All my childhood ponies (and my sister's) were boxed up in my sister's basement. I was newly back stateside and when I saw my first G3 pony, they looked so much more like the ponies I remembered from my childhood that, on the spur of the moment, I bought her and popped her on a bookshelf.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 11:45:25 AM »
G3 it was Kimono from Toys R Us, and she was my introduction back into the brand. For G1, that was NSS Cherries Jubilee. She was a thrift store find, at a little family run thrift shop in a rural town. My roommate at the time must have thought I was insane, for asking to buy her (it was a spur of the moment stop and I didn't have money on me).

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 07:31:47 PM »
Boy I cant remember who was the first G1 pony that I bought as an adult. I remember seeing the G3 ponies when they came out in the store. I did not know anything about them either! I was walking around the toy isle and came across them and about died of happiness! I was pretty poor with money and had to wait to buy them. But when I had extra cash I ran right back to that store and bought the G3 ponies that first came out! After that I went online and looked to see what was out there! I was in heaven!!!!! I was able to get a few G1 but I cant remember who they are anymore. I no longer have them either. I was 19 when I bought my first G3 ponies! :) I added a few here and there when I could afford it! And when I found this site in 2007, I just went crazy!  :)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 04:25:25 AM »
It was Little Flitter because I had her when I was a kid.
I really only intended to buy one pony.  That did not work out as planned  :happy: :happy: :happy:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2018, 06:49:38 AM »
I can't remember if my thrift find of Italian Blossom and Cotton Candy  was my first as an adult, or my online buy of TAF Sundance, but it was one or the other :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 04:38:58 PM »
Seashell was the first I really sought out, once I found eBay.  I missed her when I was a kid, so I had to get her, to keep my Bubbles company.

G3s were just which ones I found. :)
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2018, 05:37:43 AM »
Stripes!  Some time in high school I remember being on eBay, and although I have no memory of deliberately searching for My Little Ponies I somehow found myself on a listing for Stripes.  Seeing her photos gave me this amazing rush of nostalgia, and I was desperate to buy her.  She was favourite pony growing up, and so it seemed only fitting that she was the first pony on my new herd as an adult.

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2018, 07:00:56 AM »
I believe it was G1 Locket. She was the first pony I found 'as an adult' with the notion of having ponies to collect, not play with - I was about 16.  I found her in an antique shop. I think she was only a couple dollars.

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2018, 01:47:18 PM »
I can't remember. I just know I started collecting with the intent of getting all the ponies I played with as a kid. I'm sure I went after lots, because that's the way I roll.

It was however the 25th anniversary set that we found at a discount store that drew me in to buy ponies again. But I believe my mom bought that for me, hahaha.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2018, 04:00:42 PM »
Wind Whistler. Too beautiful!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2018, 09:27:44 PM »
Twilight Sparkle in the summer of 2011! My interest in MLP was rekindled by FIM :)
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »
I really really wish I could remember!   :huh:  There really was no gap for me between buying them as a kid to play with and buying them as an adult to collect.  There were times when my focus was on other things and not laser focused on MLP, but I never really stopped.  The point where I stopped playing with toys and started collecting toys is too gradual to pinpoint a time or a pony.  But the thing is, I can distinguish between my "childhood collection" and later ones, the ones I consider childhood ponies are G1s that were bought for me new in stores, then I started buying them myself from flea markets and garage sales and thrift stores.  But even though I can tell which ponies were bought second hand, I can't for the life of me remember which pony I bought first second hand, that time in my late childhood/early teens all blurs together.

I remember clearly buying Brush n Grow Curly Locks and a couple other ponies at a garage sale.  They weren't the first second hand ponies I'd ever gotten but it's the earliest I remember.  I can't remember who the others were but Curly Locks stood out because she was the first Brush n Grow Pony I'd ever seen, I had fun pulling her tail out and twisting her head to pull it back in.  Seems to me I got a Fairy Tail Bird at the same time - I also collect those - but I can't remember for sure.  At that time I used to go to flea markets and garage sales with my best friend and we collected ponies together.  When she finally lost interest they all became mine.  XD

I remember kinda getting out of ponies for a bit in my mid teens.  I say kinda because I never really got tired of ponies, my focus was just on other things going on in my life and other interests.  I remember being brought sharply back to ponies when they were brought up on an unrelated message board.  That's when I found out there were other collectors and found a MLP mailing list, found ebay, and did some trading.  That's when I started picking up every pony I found in the wild, including duplicates, so I could trade them.  I guess that's when I started collecting for collecting's sake.  But still, I can't remember who I got first at that time.
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Eldarwen

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
Peachy.  :) It was 2011 and I was 21 years old. I had just realized how many different ponies there are and bought one of the cheapest G1 ponies I found from eBay. I still probably overpaid, I remember she wasn't in the best condition. But I didn't care! I was so happy to get my first pony.  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:31:09 PM by Eldarwen »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal