collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toy City Pop Up Stores  (Read 979 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Toy City Pop Up Stores
« on: October 08, 2018, 09:09:25 AM »
http://www.therockfather.com/news-and-reviews/toy-and-games/item/6234-toy-city-locationsHampden

Seems Party City wants to try their hand at the toy business with pop up stores. Here is a list of locations folks. Hmm seems the closest to me is Los Angeles and Burbank. I was hoping for Ontario Mills but oh well.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Toy City Pop Up Stores
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:03:15 AM »
I couldn't figure out who started it! They took over my old TrU location, it's funny to see so much of it blocked off.
When I went they were still setting up the toy section. I didnt see any pony stuff but they had some squishies and shopkins, so as far as kids are concerned most of their wants will be covered.
I'd be happy to take pics next time I head over if they're set up if anyone's curious. Its smaller than the Halloween section, although that may change when this month wraps up.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:05:17 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:50:50 AM »
Oof. So that's what I walked into.

I was on a hunt for something for halloween and went into one of the combo halloween city / toy city stores. I guess it's the only one in Ohio, according to that list. heh.

Only 25% of the lights were turned on. Like... the lights weren't even concentrated on the merchandise. It was a confusing layout... and things weren't well displayed.

And there were like NO toys. :/ I guess when the halloween stuff moves out they could put more toys...

*shrug* I have no plans to go again.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 11:51:59 AM »

I was on a hunt for something for halloween and went into one of the combo halloween city / toy city stores. I guess it's the only one in Ohio, according to that list. heh.

Only 25% of the lights were turned on. Like... the lights weren't even concentrated on the merchandise. It was a confusing layout... and things weren't well displayed.

And there were like NO toys. :/ I guess when the halloween stuff moves out they could put more toys...

Are you quite sure you didn't wander into K-Mart?  :P

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 12:08:31 PM »

Man.. going into a k-mart is like a weird time warp to the 80s... and I swear sometimes it feels like they haven't even cleaned the store since then either.

I went to a k-mart looking for a cheap-o pool this summer. There were more lights on at the k-mart!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 12:23:43 PM »

Man.. going into a k-mart is like a weird time warp to the 80s... and I swear sometimes it feels like they haven't even cleaned the store since then either.

I went to a k-mart looking for a cheap-o pool this summer. There were more lights on at the k-mart!

:lol:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 04:06:25 PM »
The closest one to me is a 3-4 hour drive. It doesn't sound like it's worth it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal