collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 3305 times)

Offline north star

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
Hi!
« on: October 08, 2018, 08:01:52 AM »
Hi everyone!!

It's been a long time since I posted on any message boards - and even when I did I didn't make it over here, I think I stayed on the MLPTP (I would've used the name Coco Berry or Iora Rua, I believe! But it was a very long time ago now) and various role playing games that were around fifteen years ago :) I did post an introduction here, but as it happens I ended up taking a long break from collecting after that, so I don't think I even came back to say hello!

I'm a (more or less) lifelong collector who lives in Ireland. I'm 27 now so I JUST caught the end of the G1 run. My first pony was Happy Glow and my second was Hula Hula (I vividly remember receiving the latter but nothing about poor Happy Glow!) and after that, who knows! I collected G2 ponies while they were out, as well as some of G3, but I do remember slowing down a lot circa Butterfly Island because there were just so many releases. I have a couple of G3.5s, but any G4s I have were gifts. G1 will always be my first love so I need to keep space/money for them :lol:

As everyone seems to eventually, I took a break from actively collecting for a long time. Actually, as we speak I'd say 2/3 of my collection is in a closet, where they've been for a few years now. Last year, one of my other loves brought ponies back to the forefront of my mind, though - I love makeup, and ColourPop's My Little Pony collection was beautiful! After that, I started to get more into ponies again. I started to look on eBay, and when has that ever stayed at JUST looking and not buying? Towards the end of last year I acquired a few ponies I never thought I'd have - including Mimic, who my younger self would never have expected to have in my collection. I was incredibly lucky with timing when it came to her. I'm also a big fan of the HQG1 ponies.

What brought me back to message boards specifically though is a much more recent development. A couple of days ago I saw an advertisement for someone's childhood collection being sold for €100 so of course I jumped at the chance! When I got them I found three ponies I don't know a lot about - Italian Moonstone with blue hair, Italian Tickle with coral hair, and Italian yellow Moondancer without the purple stripe (and there are no plugs so it hasn't just been cut out or anything). I'm hoping to find out some more about them while I'm here, but as well as that, now that I'm collecting actively again it'll be nice to share the experience with other people who do too  :biggrin:

I hope you're all having a great Monday and I'm looking forward to talking to you all around the forum!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 10:23:13 AM »
Welcome back to the arena and the hobby!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:24:05 AM »
Oh, lucky you! The Italian Moonstone variant is called "Bluemoon." Her price varies; I'd expect anything from $500 to $1000. Ital coral haired Tickle sells a little lower, $400 to $800.Ital Moondancer without streak - not sure. Anyway, prices vary greatly depending on condition and who's interested at the time. Congrats!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 05:06:24 PM »
Welcome back and nice to meet you! It seems like you have a lot of great ponies :D Those Italians seem pretty hard to find, I'm no expert so you should probably check in the nirvana forum! Congrats :D

I'll see you around the forums! Have fun revisiting the arena :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 11:08:48 PM »

Welcome back to the forum! :wave:

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 07:06:16 PM »
Welcome back! Sounds like you've got an exciting road ahead ^_^
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »
They are rare indeed, but I have heard of Bluemoon and the Tickle turning up in Ireland before, so that may be the secret :D Welcome back and congrats on your new haul :D It's always good when ponies end up with someone who will appreciate them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal