collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thinking of selling my entire toy collection  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
Thinking of selling my entire toy collection
« on: October 07, 2018, 02:17:47 AM »
As some of you know my brother is fighting stage four Cancer and it is spreading. We are looking into moving out of state temporarily to be closer to him. I originally thought about storing things in a climate controlled storage, but honestly then I would be worried about them getting damaged and I need my head else where.

I was lying in bed having a hard time sleeping thinking about all of this stuff and the only thing that gave me peace is re-homing my collections to people who love toys as much as I do. I will have to take the time to write out price lists, but if you visit my collection page on my site you can see what is up for grabs (and a few things that are not even pictured).

I have most of the MOTUC POP line including Swift Wind (which I paid Ebay prices for). I have a lot of vintage POP that was all MOC (except two figures) that I deboxed. I kept the back cards if they were not too damaged. I have Jem and the Holograms which were all MIB except Kimber (I kept the boxes if they were not too funky). Rainbow Brite both vintage and modern. Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony and the list goes on.

Check out my collection pictures here and I will add lists and prices when it is not 5 am - LOL! I may just list everything I can on my Etsy shop (vintage), but the more I can sell off Etsy or Ebay the better. Thanks for looking! Smoke free, pristine home. https://iceempress.wordpress.com/my-collections/

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of selling my entire toy collection
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »
Sorry for your situation! I had to leave my stuff in storage for over a year. But I've got it back now, and it's fine. I stored it in Nevada, so I was worried about the heat, despite climate control. I told the storage managers about my collection, and they recommended a unit in the middle of the facility, where the temp was coolest and most constant.

If you decide to sell, I might be interested in your Jem dolls. Also maybe MOTUC She-ra line, SSC, and Rainbow Brite (I have most of the vintage dolls for all 3 of those - She-Ray, SSC, & Rainbow Brite).
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »
I'm so sorry about your brother.  I'm glad you are going to be there with him, this will be a hard time.

HUGS

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 12:24:31 AM »
I am sorry to hear about this. I lost my dad last year to cancer. It is such a horrible thing to go through and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I wish the best for you and your family.
Currently looking for: NIP G1 Sweet Stuff.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 08:34:23 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Big :hug: to you and your family.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 10:34:22 AM »
Thank you, everyone! It has been a rough last year, but I hope it gets better for him. He did say his recent procedures made him feel a bit better. He just got his latest PETscan this week, so we will know more next week. So I had a friend very graciously offer to store my toys in her spare bedroom for me, so I am going to take them off the table at this time. Thank you so much! I am so glad I do not have to part with them. They really bring me a lot of joy <3

Post Merge: October 11, 2018, 10:35:00 AM

I am sorry to hear about this. I lost my dad last year to cancer. It is such a horrible thing to go through and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I wish the best for you and your family.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Sweet Stuff. I lost my Dad to Cancer when I was 21 :( It is a heart breaking thing to lose a parent.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 02:29:31 PM »
Hi Icey!

I'm interested in seeing what She Ra items you have for sale. I'm looking for specific figures / accessories.

:)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 07:20:12 PM »
I am happy you found a place to store your collection! I had sold many things that I really wish that I did not down the road. They will bring you great joy when you come back to them when the time is right!

I also hope you brother can beat this horrible thing! Your in my prays and tell him to keep fighting!!!!!

Offline Leegeta

• Firefighter Chick
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 08:04:27 PM »
What a great collection! I am so sorry to hear about your brother =( if you do decide to sell your collection I am pretty much interested in she-ra =)
*<3 <3Seeking MIB DREAM BEAUTIES! <3 <3*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Leegeta\'s Collection

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal