collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Foul Fiends! How dare you defile my tastebuds?!

Black Licorice-A crime against humanity
35 (38.9%)
Necco Wafers- Nothing beats the bitter taste of chalk and children's tears
9 (10%)
Marshmallow Peeps-Blegh!
6 (6.7%)
Rootbeer Candy-Don't taste nuthin like root beer
2 (2.2%)
Jalapeno Jelly Bellies-The only flavor that HAS to be sold separately
11 (12.2%)
Bertie Botts-A sacrilege of the highest order
3 (3.3%)
Candy Hearts-Necco's romantic cousin
5 (5.6%)
Other-Please name and explain
19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Nastiest Candy Known to Humanity  (Read 15824 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Nastiest Candy Known to Humanity
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2018, 02:11:02 PM »
You know Taf, its not snobbish if you won't eat something that smells off. That's your natural senses warning you away. I have a very strong sense of smell. And even though its a pain sometimes, it's also a blessing.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »
You know Taf, its not snobbish if you won't eat something that smells off. That's your natural senses warning you away. I have a very strong sense of smell. And even though its a pain sometimes, it's also a blessing.

I don't know what your dollar stores are like over there, but over here there are various equivalent pound stores, and while all of them sell perfectly ok goods in ok wrapping, the smell of the overall store just makes me not want to buy food from them. So it is a bit prejudiced, I guess, because the food is all sealed and fine. But I am kind of sensitive to weird smelling places and yeah, it makes me think of hamsters. I don't eat hamsters. They don't make good candy ;)

Like you I have a very strong sense of smell. And as you say, it can be a good or a bad thing.

The hyakuen stores in Japan - the equivalent - were absolutely immaculate in comparison. I would've eaten candy from them. I bought so much utility stuff from them when I was over there because yep. No hamster smell...

@StrawberrySundance, so glad you know what I mean xD. It's nice to know I;m not crazy ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2018, 10:54:35 PM »
Hersheys kiss. You call that chocolade? It aint got nothing on belgian chocolate.

Offline Cactusflower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2018, 12:43:19 AM »
I used to dislike black licorice, until I tried the Panda. Panda black licorice is awesome. Trust me.

Any candy that takes like pop is gross. Those Cola gummy things. Ack.

Circus peanuts. What were they thinking.

Candy corn. Why are they still making this crap.

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2018, 01:03:49 AM »
I used to dislike black licorice, until I tried the Panda. Panda black licorice is awesome. Trust me.

Yes! They used to sell that in the chemists, I'd always buy one if I was in, it's so soft and doesn't have a super strong flavour

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2018, 03:44:43 AM »

Any candy that takes like pop is gross. Those Cola gummy things. Ack.

Circus peanuts. What were they thinking.

Candy corn. Why are they still making this crap.

History of circus peanuts: https://www.spanglercandy.com/our-brands/circus-peanuts

Why do they make candy corn: it's one of the top selling Halloween candies (20million+ pounds a year)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2018, 04:31:32 AM »
black liquorice !!!!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »

I thought I was the only person that doesn’t like Toostie Rolls.  I don’t like the chocolate ones or the fruit flavored ones.

Whereas I always assumed everyone hated Tootsie Rolls! :P

I hated black licorice flavor as a kid, but I like it now.  At least I like it in jelly beans.  I don't think I've ever had it in 'real' licorice form.

Use Spangler Circus Peanuts to make a gelatin treat that everyone will love!

Oh god.

Speaking of candy, there used to be a website where the owner reviewed different types of candy, from common to obscure . . . I remember it had a clip of a Willy Wonka song on the front page.  Anyone know the website I'm talking about?  I don't know if it's still around.  It's been years since I visited it and I can't remember the name.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »
I voted other.

Thai Tamarind Candy. 

I had a manager who came from Thailand and she couldn't understand why nobody liked it.  I hated the taste and I hated the texture. Yuck.

Also, not a fan of "Kinder Joy" candy.  I like real Kinder Eggs but the Kinder Joy junk is gross.

In case anyone is wondering why European chocolate is so much better than American chocolate, it's because in America they add wax to it to extend the shelf-life. 

Offline MLPLover77

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »
I don't like a lot of these candies so it was hard to choose.  I ultimately voted for the marshamallow peeps.

Black licorice - you either like it or you don't.  I'm in the "don't" team.  However, I do like red licorice!
Necco wafers - never had them but they look like they'd taste like chalk. YUM! (not.)
Marshmallow Peeps - I love seeing these during the holidays (pumpkins, ghosts, Christmas trees, chicks etc.) because they look festive.  At the same time, those bright, artificial colors makes me run like the wind.
Rootbeer candy - not a big rootbeer fan, so thumbs down!
Bertie Botts jelly beans - talk about some gross flavors (earwax?! vomit?! booger?! ugh!)  :cry:
Candy hearts - heart shaped chalk. No thanks!
Other -  circus peanuts, candy corn, and candy pumpkins...ew, ew and EW!  Although I know that candy corn and candy pumpkins sell like crazy in the fall.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2018, 05:23:23 PM »
Peeps, candy corn all fall into the same category for me. The nope category, just can't stand over sweet sticky candy. That said, I love all the different colors for the holidays just not the flavor. Bertie Botts beans, my BFF and I regularly eat a box. Whilst commenting on the nastiness, it's fun but seriously taste bud killing.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2018, 10:24:38 PM »

Lol I had to google it and I'm pretty sure I've tried it once, and I quite liked it! :lol: But it is actually salted I believe, at least it has this super salty flavour that is not found in all salty liquorice candies despite the name. In fact, one of my favourite ones is Pantteri ('panther'), which is coated in sugar, so quite a different experience!

(I keep checking this thread in hopes of finding another liquorice lover, haha! :biggrin: )

Yep, it is very salty. To be honest, usually it's not real salt or everyone would die of high cholestrols, but ammonium chloride (salmiak) which taste salt.

That sounds like a winner for being worst to me.

I also am not the biggest fan of licorice (except I like good and plenty so I can't say I hate it completely).. but when a local candy has drastic of a following either love it or else <.< Ya gotta think it's an acquired flavor.. yikes.

It kinda reminds me when I gave my highschool Spanish class teacher pickled plum candy... She was so shocked she spit it out in front of everyone ^^;

Yeah.. we have a lot of things in Sweden which require acquired tastes. Tell them you dislike any and you get these looks of horror. Be it salted licorice or surströmming (fermented herring) or ärtsoppa (peasoup) But at least it's fun to see other people try it for the first time :lol:.

I have not heard of most of those on the list so I voted other.

I do dislike licorice (interesting enough, my favorite tea contains it though), but in Sweden we have this rockhard, salted licorice called djungelvrål (djungle roar) which is the most horrible thing you can ever put in your mouth. It is a sacred candy which is suppose to be put in the mouth and soften moist by saliva before you begin the chew on it. People eat it by the fistfull and to say you dislike it is like saying you eat children for breakfast. I can't even.. there are tons of videos of "Americans react to Swedish candy" on youtube and everyones reaction to djungelvrål is accurate in my book. Horrible, horrible, horrible *shudders*.

Anyway, the reason I put other is because the only thing I dislike more than licorice is liqourfilled chocolates and chocolates with raisins and cherries. Every box with chocolate around christmas is filled with triffles with rum, sherry or rum with cherries and I'm like whyyyyyyyyyy?! -_-

:X And here I thought black licorice couldn't get any worse.

Everything can always get worse ;). Besides Djungelvrål we have a couple of different salted licorices, medallions are popular as well.. but the former is the top favorite because it's hard while the others are soft.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2018, 02:32:36 AM »
red liquorice isn't liquorice at all; there's no anise in it.  Just artificial strawberry flavour. 

I've loved every kind of salted liquorice I've ever tried, some are better than others, and some are milder than others.  There's quite the range, much more than you'd expect.  The little dubbel zout black diamonds are really good (to me).
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2018, 05:40:57 AM »
For everyone who thinks Hershey's chocolate is the worst, I sincerely hope you get to try Palmers chocolate sometime.  :P  It is SO cheap and gross and waxy.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »

In case anyone is wondering why European chocolate is so much better than American chocolate, it's because in America they add wax to it to extend the shelf-life. 
:shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal