collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Foul Fiends! How dare you defile my tastebuds?!

Black Licorice-A crime against humanity
35 (38.9%)
Necco Wafers- Nothing beats the bitter taste of chalk and children's tears
9 (10%)
Marshmallow Peeps-Blegh!
6 (6.7%)
Rootbeer Candy-Don't taste nuthin like root beer
2 (2.2%)
Jalapeno Jelly Bellies-The only flavor that HAS to be sold separately
11 (12.2%)
Bertie Botts-A sacrilege of the highest order
3 (3.3%)
Candy Hearts-Necco's romantic cousin
5 (5.6%)
Other-Please name and explain
19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Nastiest Candy Known to Humanity  (Read 15821 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Nastiest Candy Known to Humanity
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »
     I'm not a fan of licorice of any kind, and black licorice is probably the most unappealing I remember in elementary school when everybody had those scented markers, refusing to use the black one and taking sharpies instead. There is nothing good about black licorice. sticky, foul tasting like what leather would taste like, and smell like...I dunno what. Something awful, that's for sure.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2018, 11:09:34 PM »
Candy I will not touch:

Black licorice
Candy Corn(why does it look so cute but taste so bad??)
Chocolate covered cherries
Peeps(my teeth hurt just thinking about them)
And I forget the name of that chocolate bar with coconut in it.  :X

The older I get, the closer Hershey's gets to being on this list though. I seem to dislike it more and more every time I have it these days.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2018, 01:13:41 AM »
I have not heard of most of those on the list so I voted other.

I do dislike licorice (interesting enough, my favorite tea contains it though), but in Sweden we have this rockhard, salted licorice called djungelvrål (djungle roar) which is the most horrible thing you can ever put in your mouth. It is a sacred candy which is suppose to be put in the mouth and soften moist by saliva before you begin the chew on it. People eat it by the fistfull and to say you dislike it is like saying you eat children for breakfast. I can't even.. there are tons of videos of "Americans react to Swedish candy" on youtube and everyones reaction to djungelvrål is accurate in my book. Horrible, horrible, horrible *shudders*.

Anyway, the reason I put other is because the only thing I dislike more than licorice is liqourfilled chocolates and chocolates with raisins and cherries. Every box with chocolate around christmas is filled with triffles with rum, sherry or rum with cherries and I'm like whyyyyyyyyyy?! -_-

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2018, 06:36:38 AM »
I do dislike licorice (interesting enough, my favorite tea contains it though), but in Sweden we have this rockhard, salted licorice called djungelvrål (djungle roar) which is the most horrible thing you can ever put in your mouth. It is a sacred candy which is suppose to be put in the mouth and soften moist by saliva before you begin the chew on it. People eat it by the fistfull and to say you dislike it is like saying you eat children for breakfast. I can't even.. there are tons of videos of "Americans react to Swedish candy" on youtube and everyones reaction to djungelvrål is accurate in my book. Horrible, horrible, horrible *shudders*.

Lol I had to google it and I'm pretty sure I've tried it once, and I quite liked it! :lol: But it is actually salted I believe, at least it has this super salty flavour that is not found in all salty liquorice candies despite the name. In fact, one of my favourite ones is Pantteri ('panther'), which is coated in sugar, so quite a different experience!

(I keep checking this thread in hopes of finding another liquorice lover, haha! :biggrin: )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 06:47:16 AM »

(I keep checking this thread in hopes of finding another liquorice lover, haha! :biggrin: )

Another liquorice lover here! :silly:
I think the only liquorice I don't like is pure liquorice root, I've had it a few times but it feels like your chewing on tree bark lol

I really want to try salmiakki sometime, has anyone had it? Is it nice?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:52:11 AM by StrawberrySundance »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 06:55:09 AM »

That sounds like a winner for being worst to me.

I also am not the biggest fan of licorice (except I like good and plenty so I can't say I hate it completely).. but when a local candy has drastic of a following either love it or else <.< Ya gotta think it's an acquired flavor.. yikes.

It kinda reminds me when I gave my highschool Spanish class teacher pickled plum candy... She was so shocked she spit it out in front of everyone ^^;

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:01 AM »
That salty licorice sounds good to me!

I remembered something else; I got Turkish Delight from the International aisle in the grocery store once. It was awful  >_<

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2018, 08:51:36 AM »
Marshmallow peeps — blegh! Marshmallow in general — blegh! Only if they’re roasted. Oh that reminds me, I do like Jelly Belly toasted marshmallow flavor. If I had known what Bertie Botts were, I would have voted for them as well. There’s something I don’t even want to try ...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2018, 08:55:54 AM »
I have not heard of most of those on the list so I voted other.

Anyway, the reason I put other is because the only thing I dislike more than licorice is liqourfilled chocolates and chocolates with raisins and cherries. Every box with chocolate around christmas is filled with triffles with rum, sherry or rum with cherries and I'm like whyyyyyyyyyy?! -_-

:X And here I thought black licorice couldn't get any worse.

Post Merge: October 09, 2018, 08:59:03 AM

Actually, on the subject of awful chocolate, anyone noticed that the Pound shop now has their own knock off Toblerone? I wonder if it has that greasy taste/feel to it like the rest of their chocolate...:X

I bought cheap Sweet Peanuts the other day, and they tasted like plastic and had a strange peanut flavour to them, honestly they're up there with Parma Violets for 'Worst sweets'

Chocolate is not supposed to be greasy. What are these Pounds people doing over there?  :huh:

Exactly haha, it's disgusting and since they're selling it for £1 they buy cheap products to make it hence the greasy and cheap texture. :X They actually sell proper Toblerones in the shop so I don't see why need their own version for the exact same price.

:crazy:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:59:03 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2018, 12:00:09 PM »
Tootsie Rolls
Palmers Chocolate
the gooey filled Cadbury eggs
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2018, 12:30:08 PM »
Actually, on the subject of awful chocolate, anyone noticed that the Pound shop now has their own knock off Toblerone? I wonder if it has that greasy taste/feel to it like the rest of their chocolate...:X

I bought cheap Sweet Peanuts the other day, and they tasted like plastic and had a strange peanut flavour to them, honestly they're up there with Parma Violets for 'Worst sweets'

Chocolate is not supposed to be greasy. What are these Pounds people doing over there?  :huh:

Exactly haha, it's disgusting and since they're selling it for £1 they buy cheap products to make it hence the greasy and cheap texture. :X They actually sell proper Toblerones in the shop so I don't see why need their own version for the exact same price.

Buying food from the Pound shop - something I admit I don't do because it's hard to buy food from a shop that smells weirdly like hamster bedding. I'm not being a snob. I'll buy other things from there. But not food. Seriously not food.

I liked lovehearts as a kid (but I think that's when you're meant to like them, because they're frankly stupid when you get older xD) Refreshers were better though somehow. I don't eat many sweets now (chocolate, yes, but not actual sweets) but when I do it tends to be old favourites like Starburst (Opal Fruits as I remember them)...

I kind of realise that a lot of the things I used to get in pick & mix are also a bit gross. Like flying saucers. I loved those as a kid. Thinking back it was like eating sherbet after putting it in some paper. Yeah. Well. Kids.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2018, 12:50:30 PM »

Buying food from the Pound shop - something I admit I don't do because it's hard to buy food from a shop that smells weirdly like hamster bedding. I'm not being a snob. I'll buy other things from there. But not food. Seriously not food.

I liked lovehearts as a kid (but I think that's when you're meant to like them, because they're frankly stupid when you get older xD) Refreshers were better though somehow. I don't eat many sweets now (chocolate, yes, but not actual sweets) but when I do it tends to be old favourites like Starburst (Opal Fruits as I remember them)...

I kind of realise that a lot of the things I used to get in pick & mix are also a bit gross. Like flying saucers. I loved those as a kid. Thinking back it was like eating sherbet after putting it in some paper. Yeah. Well. Kids.

Lol glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks Poundshops have really odd and disgusting smells to them. :X
Same with me, I'd go into buy a drink (2 for £1 is pretty good) or Bic/Papermate pens and that's about it, the odd smell puts me off food and snacks. I'll go to Home Bargains or the market in the centre for sweets.
Yes Lovehearts! I love reading the stupid sentences on them and giggling XD I was actually talking to my little brother about Flying saucers the other day because he couldn't remember what they were called and I've only just realised that the outer paper like part is the same as the Fake Paper Money you used to be able to buy! To be honest, I never found the sherbet appealing, it was always tasteless and not very sour...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2018, 01:39:01 PM »
Tootsie Rolls
Palmers Chocolate
the gooey filled Cadbury eggs

I thought I was the only person that doesn’t like Toostie Rolls.  I don’t like the chocolate ones or the fruit flavored ones.

Also not a fan of candy corn or those creme pumpkin things that are sold for Halloween candy.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2018, 01:40:55 PM »

I think the only liquorice I don't like is pure liquorice root, I've had it a few times but it feels like your chewing on tree bark lol

PM me your address and I'll send you some :) Salmiakki is what was referred to as salty liquorice above (including Beldarna's Djungelvrål). It's basically black liquorice that has ammonium chloride (sal ammoniac) added to it, hence the salty flavour. Most varieties of salmiakki are also flavoured with anise oil. But honestly, there are so many different kinds, it's totally possible to like one and hate the other... I can send some pretty basic ones that I like, they come in small boxes so shouldn't be too expensive to ship! ^.^

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »

PM me your address and I'll send you some :) Salmiakki is what was referred to as salty liquorice above (including Beldarna's Djungelvrål). It's basically black liquorice that has ammonium chloride (sal ammoniac) added to it, hence the salty flavour. Most varieties of salmiakki are also flavoured with anise oil. But honestly, there are so many different kinds, it's totally possible to like one and hate the other... I can send some pretty basic ones that I like, they come in small boxes so shouldn't be too expensive to ship! ^.^

:whoa: Are you sure?! I just feel bad just thinking about the shipping since I live  in a different country to you! Honestly that has made my day, thank you so much!!! :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal