collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Black Mirror (spoilers, probably)  (Read 2185 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Black Mirror (spoilers, probably)
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:40:24 AM »
Why isn't there already a thread for this amazing series? :lol:

So...

Anyone else a fan? Favorite episode? Have you seen played Bandersnatch?  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: Black Mirror (spoilers, probably)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 06:33:54 AM »
I played Bandersnatch and I think I got most of the endings! I sat there for a few good 4 hours rewatching to see what would be different. I watched this first before the show. I really liked the concept and hope they do more!

Now I'm watching the show I see all the references and nods to other episodes in Bandersnatch! I'm still on season 1 and loving it so far!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 10:36:47 PM »
I watched one episode (not bandersnatch) and was weirded out so have not tried any other. I'm considering watching Bandersnatch with hubby though.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 10:49:51 PM »
     Seen it. It’s a kind of secret joy of mine. Despite liking cartoons, I also seem to enjoy weird stand alone strangeness. Who knew? My favourite episode would probably be Metalhead. One of the first episodes I saw, and I find it quite intriguing. Also, the black and white camerawork adds to the spooky side of things.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 11:46:29 PM »
I watched one episode (not bandersnatch) and was weirded out so have not tried any other. I'm considering watching Bandersnatch with hubby though.
Each episode is different so try to give it another go, it's all technological horror, with a few twists. Some episodes I've watched have had bitter sweet endings and are worth the watch. The 1st episode was bad imo, try again with other episodes :)

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 12:52:05 AM »
I played Bandersnatch and I think I got most of the endings! I sat there for a few good 4 hours rewatching to see what would be different. I watched this first before the show. I really liked the concept and hope they do more!

Now I'm watching the show I see all the references and nods to other episodes in Bandersnatch! I'm still on season 1 and loving it so far!

I spent about 2 hours on before I reached an ending.

Spoiler
I'm surprised it wasn't totally wiped from the profile though. I figured it would be very "Black Mirror" of it to make you think you could replay it but then take it away from you :lol:

Seen it. It’s a kind of secret joy of mine. Despite liking cartoons, I also seem to enjoy weird stand alone strangeness. Who knew? My favourite episode would probably be Metalhead. One of the first episodes I saw, and I find it quite intriguing. Also, the black and white camerawork adds to the spooky side of things.

Haha, weird and strange are my primary thing. It's the ponies that stand as an outlier for me :lol:

Was Metalhead the one with the robot dog things? That one was okay imo. I do love those robots though!

Each episode is different so try to give it another go, it's all technological horror, with a few twists. Some episodes I've watched have had bitter sweet endings and are worth the watch. The 1st episode was bad imo, try again with other episodes :)

White Christmas is a lot of people's favorite, pretty sure that's in Season 1. But yeah, there are definitely good and bad episodes. Some are dark, sweet, funny. It's a real mixed bag.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 01:05:54 AM »
I love black mirror! It reminds me a lot of a modern day twilight zone, which is another favorite of mine! I agree it can be a bit hit or miss though, I’m glad I watched more episodes after the first one. That’s a terrible introduction to the show imo. When I was introducing my parents to the show I refused to let them watch it.  :lol:
I haven’t had the chance to play Bandersnatch yet! I just saw it today, I’m hoping over the weekend i’ll have some time to really dig into it!
I think my favorite episodes are White Bear, Men Against Fire, USS Callister, White Christmas, and San Junipero. I think I’ve watched San Junipero like 5 times now, it’s actually a really cute uplifting story by black mirror standards! :P I was actually really disappointed with the last season we got, it just felt so much more dark and cynical than the other seasons for some reason. I know it always runs pretty dark but I guess these stories just weren’t as compelling or thought provoking for me.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 08:46:19 AM »
I like it but the interactive thing is not my cup of tea so , I will be skipping that one. I am here to watch a series, not interact with it.  If I want interaction, I will go play some click and point adventure game.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 04:48:02 PM »
I love it all! Watched it right from the beginning when it was lower budget. I actually think I prefer some of the first/second series to the latest ones, even though the production values are higher.

San Junipero is my favourite episode. I love love love it, even have a T-shirt with the Tuckers logo on XD   White Bear a distant second.

I am watching Bandershatch tomorrow. I can’t wait!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 05:36:38 PM »
San Junipero is amazing but it made me cry :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 05:37:52 PM »
I cried like a baby too!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 07:41:55 PM »
Tried to watch a few episodes of the show and couldn’t get interested. We did watch bandersnatch and I was interested for the first hour or so, but once I started going in circles and watching the same things over and over, I was kind of praying for it to end lol.

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 09:22:33 AM »
I liked most of the series. My favorites were Shut up and Dance, White Bear, San Junipero, Arkangel, USS Callister and Hang the DJ. I liked the fact that they were all so different and it wasn't like I had to watch them all or in any sort of order.
Haven't played Bandersnatch yet but my family is supposed to leave me alone today to do it.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal