collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Giant Sweetie Pups?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Giant Sweetie Pups?
« on: October 06, 2018, 08:45:17 AM »
I’ve just stumbled across a giant sweetie pup in a store in my home town that sometimes has vintage toys for sale (like a shy pose Applejack for £15, is she drunk?!). The tag says ‘Very Rare!!!’, so it’s probably ridiculously overpriced but I couldn’t read a price on the label. The owner does know a bit about vintage toys, or at least does her research, but most of the toys are very over priced.

I have never seen a giant sweetie pup before though. Are they rare? I want to try and get a photo but the cabinet is really near the cashiers desk and the owner isn’t exactly friendly so will probably take offence!

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Sweetie Pups?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 04:34:49 PM »
Hello there!  Three of the Sweetie Pups line were much larger than the others.  Was it a Sheepdog, Collie, or Afghan?  I'm not sure if they are any more rare than the others but since two have flocking on their face they can sometimes be more difficult to find with nice flocking.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 04:50:41 AM »
Hello there!  Three of the Sweetie Pups line were much larger than the others.  Was it a Sheepdog, Collie, or Afghan?  I'm not sure if they are any more rare than the others but since two have flocking on their face they can sometimes be more difficult to find with nice flocking.

Hmm interesting! This one didn’t have flocking on its face...at least I don’t think so. It was also white? I’ll try and go back and get a photo
Of it at some point!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:36:40 AM »

Hmm interesting! This one didn’t have flocking on its face...at least I don’t think so. It was also white? I’ll try and go back and get a photo
Of it at some point!

Maybe ask to check for makers marks. There have been a bunch of Sweetie Pup fakes out there but a real one will say "Hasbro" on one of its paws.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal