collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies in Eastern Europe? (With digressions on other parts of Europe & Asia!)  (Read 6854 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
. And I want to see the weird Polish cartoon with only one voice actor!

TBH I imagine its created the same way these are.
http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/chuck-norris-vs-communism/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, I'm still pegging away at my European MLP history :)
I've been writing up some of my findings, and have written summaries for Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Russia and former Yugoslavia, which I'll hopefully copy n paste on here at some point for those interested.

If you have more to say on European pony subjects, feel free to say it :) If not, just consider this a friendly update on what Shaz is up to these days :lol:

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
Unfortunately my Israeli friend is now back in Israel, so less easy for me to poke about stuff. I am not sure about the timeline, but I know from what she told me/remembered from her collection which she still has, she had the Apple Delight Family (Mum, Dad, Sister), SS Shady, and a winger...I think we decided it was a Windy Wing but I forget which one. She also told me a lot of these shows got to Israel a bit later. It sounds to me from what she said that the ponies they had were mostly from the US, so Powder makes sense, probably on US card.

The only Hebrew I can read is 'Shalom' and when I was over there I could make out signs that said Jerusalem while she was driving. Which isn't helpful for ponies.

hey guys. i'm from Israel and been here at the MLPARENA for the past 10-15 years also collecting for over 20 years so.
i wrote about israel ponies before :) maybe i should try a segment for the Nirvana forum?
i searched the country all wide throughout those years and have the knowledge about how pony things were handle here...

fun fact- you could find all kinds of ponies in israelian stores back in the G1 - UK/US/ITALY/SPAIN are the more common, a lot of NC...

im in the middle of my job time so later on ill look for pictures and fact i collected through the years

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
@ allymer I hoped you would see this and post. Really interested to know more about ponies over there!!!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
@allymer, ponies in Israel sound totally fascinating, I hope you get a chance to put together some pictures and facts for us to look at! :)

Offline allymer

• View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
@ allymer I hoped you would see this and post. Really interested to know more about ponies over there!!!
@allymer, ponies in Israel sound totally fascinating, I hope you get a chance to put together some pictures and facts for us to look at! :)

hello guys i manage to write some... i hope you find the information informative you can help by asking questions. im away from my own computre but when i can ill add some pic for fun.

-----

In Israel everything arrive a little bit later- so with ponies
 the years ponies were sold in Israel vary – some sets were sold in Israel later than in other countries.
Although some rumors from 15 years ago- there were NO Hasbro factories in Israel so there were no stamped or unique ponies for the country.
Alas there are many variation of ponies importing from all over the world- ponies sold in Israel were range from UK/US and some foreign
My first pony was as early as 1991 – it was Spain stamped Hopscotch- I got it MOC.
I guess Israel did have the first line of MLP can't find evidence either way but its ok to assume the Year One – 1982-1983 ponies were sold in Israel.
Year 2 – 1983-1984
We had most of the ponies in this line
Including the Show-Stable with Lemon Drop.
I've never seen sea ponies nor adult or babies in the country in my many years of collecting.
And sure – no MO ponies.
Year 3- 1984-1985- Year 4- 1985-1986
Again most of the ponies were sold in Israel- including lullabye nursery with baby tiddly winks.
Rainbow and Unicorn/Peg from those sets were sold in Israel from US/UK and many NC stamped.
Year 5-7- 1986-1989
So Soft ponies were sold here with most of the other ponies in those years; including the slumber party gift pack.
Princess ponies were UK sold in the country with dragons.
We had loving families – all sets MIB
My Apple Delight was with Mom from China and dad NC it goes vise versa and on…
You can find the NC vs China adult ponies
We had all 3 baby siblings, sold moc, in stores.

Year 8-10- 1989-1992
Baby Sparkle Ponies-
We had the set with the unoriginal names we were really like sparkle ponies- with the Gusty n northsatr in that set
But lucky for me we also had the UK baby Sparkle ponies – more pearly than sparkly with Stella, Nightsong, Mischief n Explorer. Again those had different stamp
You could buy a NC / HONG KONG or CHINA baby. The card grafics also vary.
Pony Bride came in the flat box.
Secret Surprise UK were sold with the box you actually can see the pony itself.
Birthday pony did made the way here
Also the SweetTalking ponies were sold MIB in Israel- talking English.
The G1 line run its cores in Israel until late 1994 maybe even 1995. Those later ponies were mix of very old ponies from the early years n some Europeans ponies or new edition. G1 line was the most successful line sold in Israel. We had a lot of different ponies and got the enjoy the Europe market as the American market.  That’s how the mix stamped pony diversity you can find occurred. Because Israel import from all over the world we always had until today some oddity with toys.
You could buy ponies stamped CHINA /HONG KONG/ NC/ SPAIN / ITALLY and the ponies themselves arrive from all over with many ponies having several different cards because where they were imported from,
Delicacy with Hebrew stickers on the top were sold- mostly ponies from years 5-7
Shirts with MLP were sold
We had an Hebrew Sticker Album and the Tv show itself was shown on TV dubbed and all.
writing case with papers and envelopes in many variations also were sold here- the ones with good smell and regular.
We had a lot of fakies diversity – including Princess rise n Spit (MOC/MIB) , Crumpet pose, Remco fakies and the real Gem- we had TAKARA ponies back than.
Israel is not a country filled with flea markets or second hand toys (its not a big country at all) so searching for ponies – especially G1 is one in a million- believe me  I do check every place and every corner twice.
I don’t have the knowledge but it seems some sets didn’t make it to Israel- like the Mountain boys or Perfume Puff. Its align with the Israelian market- usually in toys we don’t get the all stuff the line has to offer- hence why im not sure about some lines of ponies In Israel… 
G2 was very minimize here to some sets and that’s it.
The G3 line had all the earth ponies- for some very very weird reason- we didn’t get any unicorn/peg until the line was about to die and got stuck with those same 6 ponies…
G4 came here – as the rest of the lines a little bit later than America/Europe. But it did in the beginning had a lot of ponies. Later on Israel got mostly mane 6 ponies with some exceptions.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Wow. Thank you for that! So interesting. My friend has yet to dig out her childhood ponies but she also said what you did, about things coming later. But it sounds like you had a really big mix.

I know my friend said she had SS Shady, the Apple Delights, and thinking on it, I think it might have been a Summer, not Windy Wing (if that matters) but what else she has I don't know. I do hope now she's back there she might have a chance to look since your list makes it sound like a really diverse market, maybe like South Africa which also seems to have got a mixture.

Regarding the starlight babies - I have found all three (NC, CHina, HK) Baby Mischiefs here in the UK, so I have no idea if there's any actual rule to those. We also got a lot of imported stuff on foreign cards at the end of the line (mostly German, but mostly stuff we already had on the same cards in English) so I do wonder if we had a few in other languages that might account for those variations. Really don't know though.

Thank you for taking the time to type all that out. I guess if they were imports there are no Israeli pamphlets or printed adverts for G1?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Allymer, that is an awesome amount of information, thanks for writing it all out!
There was a Hebrew sticker album?! I love MLP sticker albums, do you happen to have any pictures or other info about that? Also, were there any MLP story books in Hebrew?

Offline allymer

• View Profile
Allymer, that is an awesome amount of information, thanks for writing it all out!
There was a Hebrew sticker album?! I love MLP sticker albums, do you happen to have any pictures or other info about that? Also, were there any MLP story books in Hebrew?

yes we had some like 2-3 Hebrew books. 1 I have which is (the shadow thief - translate back from hebrew)
and I do have pic of the Hebrew sticker album. I look n post. meanwhile I photobomb in my Instagram account my last post- jonathanvkmlp

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:48:43 PM by allymer »

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Wow, seeing pony stuff in Hebrew is really cool!
I have a sticker album like that, but mine is in Spanish and came from Argentina.
There really was a fascinating array of ponies in Israel, a little bit of everything!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I have seen a Hebrew story book before, but none of these :D

Also, that advert is amazing. Mostly because right there is the absolute proof of what you said, allymer...the loving family set in the US box...and the Sundae Best on the UK card, no clip, and the name Butter Kiss not Swirly Whirly. (Yes, I can read that. But it's obviously the UK card so I guess I cheated).

Is there any chance of being able to use that advert on my website or does the image belong to someone else?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline allymer

• View Profile

Is there any chance of being able to use that advert on my website or does the image belong to someone else?

YES, you can use it :) it's taken from a friend of mine who dont collect mlp but does end up keeping the sticker album :) so its ok of you to use those...

if you want write me (pm or here) your Email n ill send you the pics

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile

YES, you can use it :) it's taken from a friend of mine who dont collect mlp but does end up keeping the sticker album :) so its ok of you to use those...

if you want write me (pm or here) your Email n ill send you the pics

I will PM you! Thank you!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing the Israel part, I always wondered since I didn't grew up or go on holiday a lot. Unfortunately I can not ask my family over there to go look on the fleamarkets or shops. Must try next year when I go Eurovision :)

Offline allymer

• View Profile
Thanks for sharing the Israel part, I always wondered since I didn't grew up or go on holiday a lot. Unfortunately I can not ask my family over there to go look on the fleamarkets or shops. Must try next year when I go Eurovision :)

come say hey when you 're around :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal