collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone used Xoom? (New Paypal service)  (Read 1266 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Has anyone used Xoom? (New Paypal service)
« on: October 01, 2018, 09:23:16 PM »
It looks like Paypal has a new service salled Xoom. Has anyone used it? It looks like it provides a way to send bank transfers from America. If so, that would be great, because a lot of sellers in Europe don't want to accept Paypal. Usually I have to ask other members here for help with bank transfers.

Is there a fee? Well, I'm sure there must be a fee; they need some way to make money. But does anyone know how it works? It looks like the needed info is bank name, IBAN code, BAC code, and recipient's name, address, and phone number.

It would be great if this is a way to buy things from European sellers who don't want to accept Paypal! Hopefully the fee isn't too bad; Western Union charges $50 per transaction!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone used Xoom? (New Paypal service)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 12:27:36 PM »
I am use transferwise when doing international transfers. The fees are less than PayPals. It would be very hard to get your money back however should you be scammed. It's been a year or so since I have used the bank service but I have sent money all over the world with no problem at all. The sender pays the small fee and the seller doesn't get fees at all

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal