collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLPMerch.com Update! Online Check- and Wishlist of all generations! + Notes  (Read 3773 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
So... after months of gathering data. Collecting images and even taken pictures of my ponies. After weeks of getting up earlier to work (6AM yeah!) on the site and sacrifising school-time. I can finally present to you guys:

MLPMerch.com has now databases of all the generations!
https://data.mlpmerch.com/

Since our book will be released in about 2 weeks, and since the book is about the older gens as well. We made the decission so start fully developing the older generations databases to that all would be finished when the book will be released.

Especially the G1 US/Regular section should be quite complete now. We've created a search by characteristics page to ID your G1 (non-Nirvana) Ponies quickly. (I hope :p)
https://data.mlpmerch.com/g1/characteristics/
We've also added a highly-requested feature: You can now add notes to ponies. So if you want to write down where you got it, the condition it's in or which accesories you have/want. You can now do so by clicking on the speech-bubble icon under the pony.

But sadly we're not yet completely finished. You have the abbility to add all the ponies to your list. But some features and collections are yet missing. Below is a small list of things we hope to fix within 2 weeks:

- Adding a search for characteristics page for G2, G3 and G3.5 (and adding ID options)
- Fixing some of the icons who are still from the G4 section
- Release the Ponyville Database
- Adding more images of missing ponies.
- Fixing errors/bug if found

Things that will be also added asap but not within 2 weeks:

- G1 Petites
- Dream Beauties
- G1 Other Figures

---------------------------------------------------
Sadly we're also still missing a lot of images... especially of G1 Nirvana's and the European G2's. You're free to send missing images to us and you'll get credit on page of the specific pony: https://data.mlpmerch.com/g1/details/g1tep2lo/ And at the bottom of the Database page with a link if desired.

So yeah... feel free to report any errors and mistakes and tips are welcome as well. I'm so happy we could finally release these as they have been requested for quite some years. :D

For a more detailed guide feel free to visit our blogpost:
https://www.mlpmerch.com/2018/10/mlp-merch-launches-all-generation.html
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 02:50:36 AM by TornadoTwist »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MLPMerch.com Update! Check- and Wishlist of all generations! + Notes
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 08:01:16 PM »
Wow!  It’s looking pretty good 😄. I also love your new banner ❤️

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Re: MLPMerch.com Update! Check- and Wishlist of all generations! + Notes
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 02:44:39 AM »
Wow!  It’s looking pretty good 😄. I also love your new banner ❤️

Thank you! I was inspired by those new gradient graphics you see online a lot. ^^

The first donated images are also a fact! It's fun filling all the missing items.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Yay, my donations got featured! It's too bad I don't have more of the missing G2s.
Are Euro G1s in as Nirvana, or just not in yet? I didn't notice Tutti Frutti when I was adding my ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Yay, my donations got featured! It's too bad I don't have more of the missing G2s.
Are Euro G1s in as Nirvana, or just not in yet? I didn't notice Tutti Frutti when I was adding my ponies.

Tutti Frutti is under the Europe & UK Nirvana Section. :)
https://data.mlpmerch.com/g1-nirvana/set/uk-&-europe/playset-ponies/

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
The birthflower G3 page doesn't work: https://data.mlpmerch.com/g3/series/2006/birthday/birthflower-ponies/

Edit - Also the blue Cute Curtsey shown on this page was never released, IIRC: https://data.mlpmerch.com/g3/series/2006/carriage-ponies/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:58:07 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
One more question!
Are the venezeulan ponies the squeaky butts? if so, i can donate another pic.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
One more question!
Are the venezeulan ponies the squeaky butts? if so, i can donate another pic.

Because there are sooo many variants of some ponies I decided to only list one of each pony. I'll add any variant sent to us so yeah, feel free to send the squeaky butts. :D

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
As much as I love the G4 site, (it is my go to G4 site)  I'm never going to use this for G1 because of the system. It just doesn't work for collecting outside of the US, unless you want to force your collection into the US system (which I don't). I don't want you to get rid of the US system, I would just like to see more integration of ponies.

It's a practical point of organisation which affects a lot of non-US collectors and completely bewilders new collectors coming in from outside of the US.

I used the example in another thread, but if you had Cherries Jubilee and Snowflake as a kid and you got them at the same time from the same store, it's pretty confusing to try to find them on a site using that system, because you'll get Cherries Jubilee in 1985 and Snowflake on some other planet.

The overreliance on the US system is a general bugbear of mine, I admit. BUT with your site especially I think it's important. You might have people coming in new from G4 to G1 and they might have a bunch of ponies they also want to ID at the same time. If they know your site, they are going to want to rely on it because they're familiar with it. It could also be someone cataloguing their childhood ponies. And unless you know a pony is international, how are you going to know? If that makes sense.

Ultimately it's up to you, but I feel like we shouldn't be segregating mainstream store ponies just on the basis they weren't sold in America. They're not Nirvana ponies :/ they belong with the mainstream.

On a detail note, I think both your pictured Tutti Frutti ponies are from the UK. But it's hard to see their streaks from the picture.

Also, not the NBBE and NSS terms. Please  :cry:

I also noticed that what you have put together as "NSS" are actually ponies from three separate sets issued in different parts of Europe/the world at different times. It would be more helpful for people who have those ponies (many of whom will be outside the US) for them to be listed in their actual sets and years, under their actual set names.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:22:23 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
I have an initial reaction to something: the word Gimmick.

I don't particularly like this word, especially when speaking as a collector. And I've generally seen it used in a negative mindset where collecting is concerned. So that's one thing I see that kind of made me cringe.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile

I don't particularly like this word, especially when speaking as a collector. And I've generally seen it used in a negative mindset where collecting is concerned. So that's one thing I see that kind of made me cringe.

I liked it!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Looks amazing!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ossie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch
Hi all, Ossie here, co-author of MLP Merch and developer of the recent update.

The birthflower G3 page doesn't work: https://data.mlpmerch.com/g3/series/2006/birthday/birthflower-ponies/

Edit - Also the blue Cute Curtsey shown on this page was never released, IIRC: https://data.mlpmerch.com/g3/series/2006/carriage-ponies/
Thanks for pointing this out! The link to the birthflower ponies should work now, and clarified that Cute Curtsey is a prototype.

As much as I love the G4 site, (it is my go to G4 site)  I'm never going to use this for G1 because of the system. It just doesn't work for collecting outside of the US, unless you want to force your collection into the US system (which I don't). I don't want you to get rid of the US system, I would just like to see more integration of ponies.

It's a practical point of organisation which affects a lot of non-US collectors and completely bewilders new collectors coming in from outside of the US.

I used the example in another thread, but if you had Cherries Jubilee and Snowflake as a kid and you got them at the same time from the same store, it's pretty confusing to try to find them on a site using that system, because you'll get Cherries Jubilee in 1985 and Snowflake on some other planet.

The overreliance on the US system is a general bugbear of mine, I admit. BUT with your site especially I think it's important. You might have people coming in new from G4 to G1 and they might have a bunch of ponies they also want to ID at the same time. If they know your site, they are going to want to rely on it because they're familiar with it. It could also be someone cataloguing their childhood ponies. And unless you know a pony is international, how are you going to know? If that makes sense.

Ultimately it's up to you, but I feel like we shouldn't be segregating mainstream store ponies just on the basis they weren't sold in America. They're not Nirvana ponies :/ they belong with the mainstream.

On a detail note, I think both your pictured Tutti Frutti ponies are from the UK. But it's hard to see their streaks from the picture.

Also, not the NBBE and NSS terms. Please  :cry:

I also noticed that what you have put together as "NSS" are actually ponies from three separate sets issued in different parts of Europe/the world at different times. It would be more helpful for people who have those ponies (many of whom will be outside the US) for them to be listed in their actual sets and years, under their actual set names.
The choice to split the nirvana/non-US releases was made a while ago, and I understand the concern that you have with it. We'll keep our ears open for feedback like this, and if commonly heard, re-evaluate if we can create a combined G1 database (we initially had some technical challenges for this).
Regarding the other points, we'll check these errors soon, thanks for checking!

I'm not aware of anything negative around that word :huh:

Looks amazing!
Thanks!   ^.^

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html

I liked it!

Everyone has their own opinion but The word gimmick is more used in my experience for selling/advertising. Or, you'd say something like: we need a gimmick to sell this product, etc.

In laymen terms, It also tends to mean something that cannot sell on it's own so it needs some sort of deception or distraction to sell.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Ossie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch

I liked it!

Everyone has their own opinion but The word gimmick is more used in my experience for selling/advertising. Or, you'd say something like: we need a gimmick to sell this product, etc.

In laymen terms, It also tends to mean something that cannot sell on it's own so it needs some sort of deception or distraction to sell.

Thanks for clarifying, this is something that I personally underestimated as a non-native English speaker. I think 'feature' would be a better alternative? Will change this soon :)

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal