collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you could make the next generation, what would you like to see?  (Read 7425 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: If you could make the next generation, what would you like to see?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 10:25:50 AM »
I agree about 2 side symbols. Though for me, it helps with figuring out which side is display side on a pony who looks forward if it's just on one side ;) xD But I prefer it on both sides.

Agree on the fabric ponywear, if ponywear must happen.

Go back to the idea of one pony having one magical skill. Don't limit this to unicorns, because that's species-ist. Why should they have all the cool tricks? (<---comic brainwashed to be used to pegasus and earth with magic too). If they each have ONE power, and they have to sometimes combine those powers to figure out problems, then fine.  And also some of them having magic that isn't useful for world saving, but maybe for other purposes. I think the element of harmony thing is meant to be that but isn't that. In EQG it is more that, because they do each have one power (except Pinkie Pie's is Jubilee from XMen in a party dress but whatever)...

I actually like the idea of a more fantastical realm rather than a modern technological society. I was reading something the other day as prep work for my class and it talked about a legendary time in ancient China where the Phoenix ruled the skies and the Unicorn roamed the lands, but human destruction and intervention pushed them back until both species disappeared forever. Now if that isn't a great basis for a storyline for a fantasy equine toy, with a bit of tweaking, what is?

I dunno if anyone here remembers Farthing Wood, or maybe Watership Down, but with more of the magical/historical/fantastical and less of the diggers and poison.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2018, 02:00:07 PM »
-fabric pony wear

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't get the "oh, plastic clothes are easier for kids to put on" argument,

Personally I find the plastic clothes to be harder to put on. @_@; I've had a devil of a time trying to figure out FS Sapphire Shores' clothes.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 02:04:53 PM »
-fabric pony wear

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't get the "oh, plastic clothes are easier for kids to put on" argument,

Personally I find the plastic clothes to be harder to put on. @_@; I've had a devil of a time trying to figure out FS Sapphire Shores' clothes.

Think of what they will be like in 20 years time when the plastic starts to perish or go bad. Or less time.

I had a similar problem redressing FS Cadence after a bath.

I mean, I had issues with Champagne and Lace's slippers (they used to end up as berets >.>) as a kid, but I was six. Now I'm 36 and pony dressing is way harder with plastic o.o
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »

My dream would be I'd love it if Hasbro would get into the concept of create your own pony. Though clearly,it's probably too difficult and expensive and way out there as far as ideas go. It's more like design your own BJD with wigs and clothing and eyes. But it would be a novel idea for them to try one day. Have fans design ponies or a set of pojnies and send it to the factory and have it actually created for mass production.

I think Lego was doing something similar where people design a lego set and if it gets enough votes the set would make it to production. I may be wrong on that I just seem to remember seeing something online about it.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2018, 06:13:42 PM »

My dream would be I'd love it if Hasbro would get into the concept of create your own pony. Though clearly,it's probably too difficult and expensive and way out there as far as ideas go. It's more like design your own BJD with wigs and clothing and eyes. But it would be a novel idea for them to try one day. Have fans design ponies or a set of pojnies and send it to the factory and have it actually created for mass production.

I think Lego was doing something similar where people design a lego set and if it gets enough votes the set would make it to production. I may be wrong on that I just seem to remember seeing something online about it.

I'm surprised they haven't done something like that before. Back in 2012 they held that "design a pony, and we'll make it!" contest. But only the winner got the one pony. ;(
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:17:54 PM by Ragamuffin »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2018, 06:25:02 PM »
I dunno if anyone here remembers Farthing Wood, or maybe Watership Down, but with more of the magical/historical/fantastical and less of the diggers and poison.
Ahh watership down. This, please!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2018, 08:35:18 PM »

LEGO does this regularly... it's their Ideas line!  We have *quite* a few Ideas sets...  you just need a LEGO VIP account to vote on the Ideas and yes, if they get enough votes, they go into production :)

https://www.lego.com/en-us/ideasproducts/products

We have the Tron set, the Women of NASA set, the Saturn V rocket set, the DeLorean Time Machine (Back to the Future), the Ghostbusters Ecto-1, WALL-E, Doctor Who, the Marble Maze, and the The Beatles Yellow Submarine. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 08:39:39 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2018, 11:27:40 PM »
My dream would be I'd love it if Hasbro would get into the concept of create your own pony.

Hasbro does/did that with Transformers, sooo...

The female TF Windblade is the famous example. Fans decided on her via a voting system and then Hasbro gave these infos to one of their designers and now she is heavily featured in comics and cartoons and has multiple toys out.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2018, 01:43:06 AM »
Great Ideas so far! :) I hope someone at Hasbro sees this thread, overall there seems to be a pretty strong consensus of please no more mane 6/core 7 :P I completely agree, I want to see variety again!

If I were in charge here are some key points I'd want to see:
Toys:
*Larger sized toys please! Lets go back to the size of G1/G3 ponies that felt good to hold!
*Higher quality manes. No more gross stringy/greasy hair right out of the box!
  ~on a side note, let's go back to primarily having brushables as the main line! blind bags are fine since those seem to be the
   "thing" right now, but make sure most new characters released are done as an actual brushable toy!
*More detailed cutie marks and more markings in general! they're horses after all, let them have spots and blazes, socks, ect
*More gimmicks. If we're going to be re releasing characters at all, make it worth it to the buyer! Let's bring back so softs, twinkle eyes, glitter bodies, pearls, and maybe some new ideas like holographic ponies!
  ~on the topic of re releasing characters...if a main cast of characters MUST be done then maybe switch them out? Maybe one
   wave gets 3/6 mane cast plus new friends and the second wave gets 3/6 mane cast plus even more new friends? It may feel
   less overwhelming this way.
*Make 'em chunky! I don't want to see anymore noodle legs that hardly support the weight of the head! Different body types in general would be fun to see again!
*Bring back bangs and forelocks! Make styling the hair fun!
*Cute accessories! Fabric clothes should make a comeback, along with unique molded items! Enough with reusing stuff from G3!
* Make 3D playsets again! No one wants a castle that's just a thin facade! You could just play with the box pieces at that point! Again, make it worth the buyer's money!
*Come up with some new names! We don't need Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, or any other re used names showing up again! It's easier to accept and embrace new designs when they feel like whole new characters!
Show:
*I'd like to see a show again, but not a show that drives the toyline. The toyline should be driving the show. It's an advertisement either way, lets see a rotating cast of characters!
*A running TV series is good for keeping a running interest, but maybe it'd be kind of nice to just go back to the occasional special? You could invest more time and money into a few scattered projects rather than having to do a full season of episodes every year!
*Have a group of recurring characters, but work the storyline so that they can meet lots of new friends in their adventures! (seriously, why does a princess of friendship have hardly any friends outside her main group??)
*Less Action/adventure based and more slice of life would be ideal
*Focus on just ponies/equine types. I'm not really interested in other creatures like dragons and such, especially if there's hardly any chance they will get a toy to match their appearance!
*PLEASE no more dumb puns and weird phrasing. (especially when naming towns. Las Pegasus and Manehattan are so painful.)
*Let other groups besides unicorns use magic! Or make unicorn magic less powerful, right now it feels so unbalanced!
*More of a fantasy setting, I don't like how modern the world feels right now and how many real world ties there are.
*NO INTERACTION WITH FANDOM
  ~It's fantastic people are enthusiastic about the show! And an occasional nod is fantastic but no more letting fandom dictate
   characters and the overall tone of the show!
*More detailed character models would be nice! Along with a move away from flash puppets to something more fluid

I know I'm echoing a lot of what's been said, buy hopefully I threw something new in there! I really like the idea of a design a pony...it seems like since other toylines are doing a similar project it could be a feasible idea!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2018, 05:25:46 AM »

O.o ok I'm only familiar with the book and movie, but to me if you cross watership down and ponies... I just see.. uh.. bloodiness.
Snares, bullets, evil general woundwart...

All the world will be your enemy.......

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2018, 05:39:12 AM »

O.o ok I'm only familiar with the book and movie, but to me if you cross watership down and ponies... I just see.. uh.. bloodiness.

Not quite what I meant ;) a little too literal...

I meant more ponies struggling to protect their environment from an encroaching enemy humanoid race.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2018, 05:52:08 AM »

Not quite what I meant ;) a little too literal...

I meant more ponies struggling to protect their environment from an encroaching enemy humanoid race.
Haha I mean I figured as much. But that's the imagine that popped in my head.

I loved that movie as a kid, and after that the book..

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2018, 06:43:48 AM »
More things I'd like to see:

All types of ponies having some kind of magic, not just unicorns and unicorns not automatically using magic to open doors or hold things.

I like to think  of G1's Dream Valley as a huge place and that the ponies live in one small part of it meaning there are many more places, creatures and secrets to discover. I'd to see something like that in the next generation of ponies but not where everyone lives in seperate lands if that makes sense.

Also no ponies with deer ears

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2018, 10:52:43 AM »
Hmm let's think...

going back to the original concept of a toy that can be easily held by a child and styled, I would opt for a G1-sized pony.

Style? Anything so long as it is pretty  :lol: for example, a small version of how current Barbie fantasy ponies look like - with pretty eyes and long, equine faces. Brushable manes and tails, of course! Above all, they need to be of very good quality.

Nice accessories e.g. bridle, saddle, blanket, jumps, troughs, rosettes, cups. As kids, a bunch of us would play gymkhanas with our g1s.

Combs, ribbons, hair slides, hats for the ponies. Maybe bring back pony shoes?

Special releases that glow in the dark, are glittered etc.

Something that encourages play & creativity in the very young but also appeals to older kids.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2018, 11:20:20 AM »
I'd just like to see really nice, dreamy pony vibes - a cute, unapologetically flamboyant art style (curly hair, sparkles, swirls, rainbows, glitter, stars - throw the fabulous kitchen sink at it!!!); gimmicks into infinity and plenty of variety with characters, poses and colours.
No blind bags, no mysteries. A surprise extra toy in a set of characters is fine, because that is a nice bit of fun, but when you're literally presented with a package and no idea of what character/s you're getting whatsoever, especially when you want a particular character, then that's just kind of naff.
Can't really speak for what I'd like to see in a show, as I've never really but up on any of the iterations thereof... and I'm guessing that stop motion animated ponies is probably a bit of a tall order. :lol:
Oh and books and comics, the more the merrier!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal