collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you could make the next generation, what would you like to see?  (Read 7428 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: If you could make the next generation, what would you like to see?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 06:00:46 PM »
So many great ideas. :)  I agree with a lot of them. I don’t mind “everypony” as much as “every creature” but not everything needs to be a play on words or a pun. I also think “cutie mark” should go. It sounds silly and I think symbol is a better term. I would go back to ponies just having symbols and lose the emphasis on them being earned and part of a pony’s destiny.

I would also eliminate one shot characters that appear, play an important role for one episode and disappear. I loved the G4 MLP movie but it left some unanswered questions with Capper and Captain Celeano and her crew. If a character has an important part in the cartoon in an episode then they would have a recurring role in later episodes.

The toys would have more variety and the show would not dictate what toys ended up on the shelves. There would be more gimmicks and a wider variety of poses, sizes and types of ponies such as adults, babies etc.. playsets would be real playsets and not just one sided/one play area.

Also no more blind bag ponies or Busy Book ponies.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 06:52:06 PM »
Things I'd do:

-Ponies that actually resemble ponies
-more male characters
-building with at least 3 walls and planty of space inside
-updated dream castle
-marketed to both boys and girls
-introducing coat patterns such as appaloosa spots and pinto splotches
-fun accessories
-fabric pony wear
-pony roller skates
-tack?
-Megan doll dressed how she looked in Rescue at midnight
-Bringing back Seashell, Bubbles, sunbeam, gusty, g3 minty, applejack, firefly, ti-tac-toe, fizzy, TE bright eyes, alphabittle, ice crystal, tex, and wig wam

Those are just some ideas i have

Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 07:12:41 PM »
I'd just like a toy that looks like a horse pony.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 07:38:42 PM »
-fabric pony wear

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't get the "oh, plastic clothes are easier for kids to put on" argument, G3s had little elastic tutus! What was so difficult about that!! You just slide it over their legs and there you go!! With plastic clothes, it looks bad and its so annoying to put on because you have those little holes you have to fasten to lock it in place, and if you don't it doesn't stay put!!!! Also, plastic SCARVES? Over fabric ones?? Are you telling me children don't know how to tie simple knots?? You could sew it in place with a little string or whatever if you don't want it to come off! It's all inexcusable!! :stressed:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 09:32:57 PM »
     I’d create a television series for it, as one of my goals is to create an animated television show. And toys of more characters that aren’t the main cast. Actually, why does the show have to have a main cast? Each episode focuses on a different group of friends, so nobody is strictly the main ponies/creatures! Yes...it is all coming together...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2018, 11:39:42 PM »
A VARIETY OF BRUSHABLE CHARACTERS THAT LOOK LIKE EQUINES THAT ARE SOLD INDIVIDUALLY.
In all seriousness, I’d really love to see some creativity breathed back into the line. I do not mind a core cast that gets released and rereleased, I understand that the main characters need to be available at any given time. What I do not understand is why we can’t have two or three new friends released with each wave?

I’d love a television show that is more slice of life with an overarching plot. Nothing too serious though, just ponies going about their business and everyday life. Solving problems with friends, fighting evil, overcoming obstacles, daily issues, relationship issues, and challenging themselves and others. Mix tales with g1 and g4. Have them evolved society wise like tales and g4, but still be rustic and simplistic like g1.

I’d like magic to be a less prevelant in every day life. No more carrying things around in a pink bubble just because you can.

I also love the idea of different sentient creatures co-existing in the realm. Things like deer, hippos, sea ponies, cows, griffins, bears, canines, felines, birds, dragons, etc. they could all have their own societies!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 12:44:40 AM »
I think the important qurstion is why we need dark magic for this to happen?  Is there something we need to know about th MLP toys?  Are they evil?  XD

YES Fabric clothing!  And more babies and males.  And kids who actually sound/look like kids...  (thinking of those two colts who ar like...mini sized adult comic relief).

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2018, 01:47:10 AM »
I would not have a TV show! *gasp*
I just feel like a TV show, especially a behemoth like FiM, kind of takes over. It means that the same core characters have to be always available, and also it defines the characters too much and doesn't leave room to make up your own backstories for them.

In my ideal pony line, each character would be released once. Maybe twice if they proved really popular. There'd be LOADS of different characters, unicorns, pegasi, earth ponies, seaponies, mer-ponies etc. They would come with names and a backcard story so that kids would know a bit about them and could choose to either disregard it or build on it in their own games. A bit like how Ty Beanie Babies used to come with a name, a date of birth and a poem. Ponies would of course be full of variety, there would be various gimmicks, and lots of them would come with fun accessories (not just yet another comb!). But there would also be cheaper ponies without any accessories. And packs of accessories that you could buy for the ponies you already have, e.g. a baking accessories set, sport accessories, reading-and-writing type accessories, musical instruments, and so on and so forth.

There would be other lines besides the brushable ponies. There would be Pony Friends, which would consist of zebras, giraffes, deer, dragons, cats, dogs etc etc. Like the ponies they would come with names, a backcard story and accessories.

There would also be Tiny Ponies, which would be like blindbag ponies but without the blind aspect. These small molded ponies would be less expensive than the brushables (the sort of thing you can buy with pocket money and still have some left over) and ideal for kids who like collecting things and/or kids who want to play ponies but aren't fussed about all that hair-brushing. And handy for collectors without much space! There would also be playsets for the Tiny Ponies, including one that looked like a house with lots of windows and could be used to display your collection.

There would also be tons of colouring books, sticker albums, notebooks, activity books etc. There could be an activity book that helps children invent their own land for their ponies to live in: it could ask questions to help them create a world, have a map to fill in, have templates of houses or shops that they can add details to, space to design your own pony, that sort of thing. As you may have guessed, my pony ideas are heavily based on encouraging imagination :). I liked making up stories and creating my own versions of things when I was little.

Now I want these ponies! I hope I didn't make it sound too similar to G1 :).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:49:54 AM by Shaz »

Offline Goanna

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2018, 03:36:33 AM »
Hmmm... not sure I have enough ideas for a whole line lol but here's a few things I'd want:

-Shorter hair (I really love how easy G1 hair is to manage. My G3 and G4 ponies on the other hand have hair that touches the ground... which is great for picking up dust and getting tangled -_- )
- Size-wise; a little smaller than G3, but bigger than G4 (maybe the 'small princess' size of G4? like cadance and luna)
-Symbols on both sides. please..
-Equal number of earth,pegasus and unicorn ponies
-More chubby and cute like G1s ;_;
-Green ponies
-Lots of fun waves like glow-in-the-dark ponies, flocked ponies, etc. aka More substantial gimmicks than just a bit of tinsel in the hair lol
-Themed waves again like holiday G3s

Idk what I'd want the show to be haha. I would prefer no humans and... I think this may be an unpopular opinion but I'd prefer fewer non-pony species. It's called My Little Pony. I wanna buy toy horses not dragons or w/e.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2018, 04:10:00 AM »
I would go more back to G1 as well. But perhaps even more focus on Earth ponies being earth-y, unicorns being magical and pegasus being elemental and weather-y.

More focus on various ponies, and not only core. As most others want :P

And I would like to see them less cutesy too, much more horse-like. The toys themselves should be around the size of G1 or G3.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2018, 05:37:33 AM »
-fabric pony wear

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't get the "oh, plastic clothes are easier for kids to put on" argument, G3s had little elastic tutus! What was so difficult about that!! You just slide it over their legs and there you go!! With plastic clothes, it looks bad and its so annoying to put on because you have those little holes you have to fasten to lock it in place, and if you don't it doesn't stay put!!!! Also, plastic SCARVES? Over fabric ones?? Are you telling me children don't know how to tie simple knots?? You could sew it in place with a little string or whatever if you don't want it to come off! It's all inexcusable!! :stressed:

Not to mention plastic can break easier when constantly forced over other hard surfaces.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »
I'd definitely love to see a TV show that's adventure-heavy and more like Gravity falls, but kid friendly of course. Although some characters would be the focus of the show, there would be many characters, both background and main, with toy versions.
Stick to keeping an even ratio of the different types of pony, and release toys of the villains, too. Both modern and olden unicorn tail-styles.
CLOTHING! Lots of ponywear and accessories. Very good quality control and lots of hair colors. Little blurbs on the back of the boxes like G1.
Some "blast from the past" packs featuring popular characters from previous generations that didn't have toys, or weren't widely released.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2018, 09:02:04 AM »
What *I* personally would love is small, kawaii, and stylized. Like tokidoki style. Lots of glitter, translucency, and gitd.

Otherwise, if we had to stay more horse like, I would like a body like g2 but with a cuter head. (Haha I am not even a fan of g2s soon, not a favorite by any means)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:04:07 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2018, 09:25:00 AM »
I'd love to return to a chubbier, more horse-like style similar to G1 and G3. I'd also like to see more character variation, variety of color schemes and themes. No more boring Mane 6 copies and more new characters.
I'd also love to see more sets of seasonal ponies like the G3 Winter ponies and Easter ponies.
Bigger toys would be amazing! G4's are just so small. I wouldn't mind paying more for a larger toy. Also, bring back squishy ponies! I love the soft plastic of G1 and would love to have more ponies with it.
And more detailed and spacious playsets as well. The G4 playsets nowadays don't have much creativity or play space. They're more like a way to display your ponies rather than play with them imo.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2018, 09:30:21 AM »
Symbols on both sides *drops mic and walks off stage*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal