collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you could make the next generation, what would you like to see?  (Read 7560 times)

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: If you could make the next generation, what would you like to see?
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »
A less humanoid world; houses would be more like elaborate stables, utensils designed for use by ponies (no cups with finger sized handles - what's up with that?!), etc. And lots of different body types. Mystery storylines.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2018, 01:51:59 PM »
A less humanoid world; houses would be more like elaborate stables, utensils designed for use by ponies (no cups with finger sized handles - what's up with that?!)

Good point. I always thought Tales was weird with ponies wearing bikini tops, but the cup thing in G3 and G4 is bothering me now :lol:

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2018, 02:14:21 AM »
But G1 interacted with the fandom at the child level. There was the fan club in various countries. In the UK at least the comic had a letters page and for a while featured stories written by the readers, as well as photos of people's collections. Our club also had the nameless baby who we adopted and then had help to care for, and kids were encouraged to write into the club to share the names, the ideas, anything else regarding this.

Obviously that was paperbased and snailmail because it was the 1980s. But having a (moderated) web space or some kind of digital equivalent in which the toys and the people collecting them can interact around them is good. Having the toy or the product in general pander to the fandom is bad. If you can't write and create your own concept without constantly needing to be shored up by a bunch of people whose chief aim in life is to create memes to spam their friends, then you really need a reboot. At least in my opinion.

The fan club sounds such fun :) Why was I born too late to be in the UK Activity Club, dang it! A modern, online version of the Fan Club (aimed towards children of course) would be awesome. They could have an email newsletter and put kids' letters, stories, drawings etc in it. I have sometimes looked at the drawings page in the current MLP Magazine and wished I was 5 again so I could send something in :lol:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2018, 02:57:07 AM »
An abundance of characters for starters. Same goes for the pony-types that could be introduced (aside from the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies).

I'd like the accessoires not to be recycled from previous gens (unless intended ;) ) and not to be mono-coloured.
Make the playsets actual buildings and make pony wear that is not plastic :P

The brushables should be back at G1-G2-G3 sized and well... make them look like ponies/ horses again :P

What partially throws me off the G4 series is that they use locations based on 'real' ones, like Las Pegasus and Manehattan (No clue if I got those right). Eh :\ MLP is always set in a more rustique setting in my mind. I don't know if that's the right word to use though :P And for the love of... don't give ponies moustaches and beards xD It's weird.

*thows confetti* That's it :P  :cool:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 03:01:24 AM by Moonbreeze »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2018, 06:33:20 AM »
And for the love of... don't give ponies moustaches and beards xD It's weird.

oh god yes, FiM goes way overboard with this.. and eyebrows. :P I don't mind the occasional moustache, and goatees are cute (classic unicorn style), but other than that..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2018, 07:31:35 AM »

oh god yes, FiM goes way overboard with this.. and eyebrows. :P I don't mind the occasional moustache, and goatees are cute (classic unicorn style), but other than that..

I HATED it when they gave ponies eyebrows. Beards too but for one season it seemed like every other pony had big bushy eyebrows. :huh: If ponies have facial hair, I think it should be long fur.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2018, 07:39:39 AM »
Symbols on both sides.
Symbols on both sides.
Symbols on both sides.

Also, not too humanoid.  I would rather have a twenty minute cartoon of pastel ponies doing nothing but eating grass and pooping than get another MLP Tales.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2018, 08:57:35 AM »

I hate mustaches and beards. They don't exist on real horses. Those are simply horses that have grown into their winter coats.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BubbleTea

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2018, 09:11:21 AM »
houses would be more like elaborate stables

*gasp* Imagine the possibilities!
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2018, 09:52:41 AM »
An abundance of characters for starters. Same goes for the pony-types that could be introduced (aside from the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies).

I'd like the accessoires not to be recycled from previous gens (unless intended ;) ) and not to be mono-coloured.
Make the playsets actual buildings and make pony wear that is not plastic :P

The brushables should be back at G1-G2-G3 sized and well... make them look like ponies/ horses again :P

What partially throws me off the G4 series is that they use locations based on 'real' ones, like Las Pegasus and Manehattan (No clue if I got those right). Eh :\ MLP is always set in a more rustique setting in my mind. I don't know if that's the right word to use though :P And for the love of... don't give ponies moustaches and beards xD It's weird.

*thows confetti* That's it :P  :cool:

I agree with all of this!  I want my ponies to be in a more pastoral fantasy setting and not modern day with a little magic thrown in.  And yes! To play sets actually shaped like buildings.  Not that I have room for anymore play sets. :P

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »
I think I'd go in a TOTALLY new direction, as well as introduce a Play Line and Collector's line. For the latter, think expensive, beautiful, realistic looking horses, unicorns, and pegasus.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2018, 06:41:49 PM »
I’d have lots and lots of different ponies; Earth, unicorn, and Pegasi.  Lots of neon, and I’d love to do some space-themed ones.  No natural colored ponies, under any circumstances.  And any animation of the line must be hand-drawn.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2018, 09:21:23 PM »
Symbols on both sides.
Something that looks like a pony.
And whatever would make the rabid, toxic Brony faction* stay the hell away from G5.

*Requisite "not all Bronies, not even the majority or close to it", are being referenced here.  Just the ones that make SafeSearch a necessity for a children's toy. :throw:
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2018, 03:14:24 AM »
For the latter, think expensive, beautiful, realistic looking horses, unicorns, and pegasus.

Yesssss.  I miss the old Grand Champions and Fantasy Fillies.  It would be so cool if they made something similar--hard plastic horses with brushable manes and tails, and elaborate tack.  Dream Beauties were supposed to be the My Little Ponies 'all grown up' (and potentially were marketed at an older audience?), so maybe they'd consider doing something similar with Twilight and her friends.  It'd be super cool if they did the griffins and hippogriffs more realistically as well, and continued making, well, 'fiercer' looking toys.  I'd like to see a serious version of 'Nightmare Moon' and 'Queen Chrysalis'.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2018, 05:54:04 AM »
Symbols on both sides.
Something that looks like a pony.
And whatever would make the rabid, toxic Brony faction* stay the hell away from G5.

*Requisite "not all Bronies, not even the majority or close to it", are being referenced here.  Just the ones that make SafeSearch a necessity for a children's toy. :throw:

To repel them the ponies would have to look like G1 or G3 again. Or close to that. Anything with a tiny body, butt and large sparkly eyes will appeal to them so we'd need "fat hippos" again :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal