collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How would I determine the price and condition of a pony?  (Read 557 times)

Offline igareldagrimmenth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
How would I determine the price and condition of a pony?
« on: September 30, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »
Hey, I am kind of new at all of this. I made an account on here because I have a collection of 22 or so ponies and I have yet decided weather I will keep or sell them. Either way I would like to know what they are worth. Would someone here be willing to help me figure them out? Also, should I list names or post pictures?

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: How would I determine the price and condition of a pony?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 06:39:33 PM »
An easy way to determine the price of a pony is to check eBay for ponies that have been sold, especially auctions.

You can also list them here and describe their condition/post pictures that point out any flaws they may have and see if anyone here can help you out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 06:40:04 PM »
Pictures would be lovely! Condition can really effect the price of a pony, and pictures would show that best. If you are going to sell them, take care to get pictures of any specific blemishes.
Price is a mix of condition and market demand, I find bluerose's eBay averaging guide a good place to start. Of course, pony prices can vary depending on time of year, waves of demand...so looking at recently sold listings are a good way to tell what the current going price is.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 12:52:35 AM »
Yes, as others have said, it is hard to give advice without knowing who those ponies are as some ponies are rarer than others and therefore are worth more than others even if they are in a worse condition. Having a look at completed listings on eBay gives an idea as to what people have in the past been willing to pay for certain ponies. It is also a good idea to peek under your ponies' feet to check and see if you might have any that were made in different countries as that may also affect value. There are many factors really, so the more facts the better  :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 07:21:19 AM »
Upload your pictures to someplace like Flickr or Imgur and then share them here.  We can help you ID and price check.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal