collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Ponies Won You Over?  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: What Ponies Won You Over?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2018, 08:13:32 AM »
Forsythia-I'm not big on pink ponies with yellow hair. But my daughter has her and I think she's just gorgeous.

Rarity-I didn't like or dislike her. The heart symbol is kinda boring and pink with rainbow hair, doesn't interest me. But I've seen some very pretty examples of her on ebay, and she's now on my wishlist.

Brights Brightly-I'm not entirely won over, because I'm always on the fence about her. But I'm going to buy her and see how I like her.

Thistle Whistle-Turned my nose up for a while. Until I saw A Very Minty Christmas, and my daughter got one in a trade. I fell in love. She's got a fun personality, and it's not often you see a pony with primary colors. She's so cute!

Island Delight-I thought she was dull, until my daughter got one. I didn't realize how dark a purple she is. She's such a beautiful pony!

Lulu Luck-Her colors are gentle, and a bit unusual. I've decided to try to add her to my collection.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »
I wanted to like G3s, but for some reason I just didn't. It's like they were just not as cool as the ponies I grew up with.

The ONLY exception was Citrus Sweetheart. I instantly fell in love with her. She's just so perfect in every way. She's the only G3 I've owned (Although she no longer fits in my current collection).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »
Speedy, for sure! I really didnt like her colour in pictures, as I thought it looked really dull (and I've never been huge on orange - that has changed tho, it's actually a favourite colour now, in the right setting!) and almost dusty. SHe was the last TE I needed to complete my set though, so I did get her. And when she arrived, I realized she's actually beautiful in person. Now, the name, on the other hand...

Sunlight is another one that was just boring to me. When I got mine, it was instant love. :lovey:

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2018, 03:49:47 AM »
I don't really want to admit this, but I bought a Chocolate Chip/Coco Berry at Ponycon.

So I don't like Sundae Best ponies. My dislike of them is such that some years back when I had extras I ended up giving them away to whoever would take them. I really only have them for completion and some of them smell horrible. In fact, I was even reminded of that fact at Ponycon by one of the people I sent a Banana Surprise to xD.

And I really don't like Chocolate Chip's scent. I have said before that it's a pony weapon of mass destruction and a crate full of that pony would be enough to make anyone surrender. It is the pony scent I hate most bar none (at least in G1, I had to sell a couple of G3 because their scents were so horrible but I can't do that to G1 ><)

But I bought one at Ponycon.

Why?

Because she was really pretty O.o. She's the HK version (my one is China) and this one has much nicer pink and blue shades, with no yellowing or fading of either. And most importantly, her scent has almost entirely faded. Which means that now I can appreciate her for the colour pretty without needing to wear a gas mask to go near her.

So I guess that means that this Chocolate Chip won me over. Even though I am so prejudiced against this set...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2018, 06:00:18 AM »
Definitely the Perfume Puff set. I hated them at first and now they’re one of my favourites! Their hair just needs some
Extra TLC!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2018, 07:46:21 AM »
I don't really want to admit this, but I bought a Chocolate Chip/Coco Berry at Ponycon.

So I don't like Sundae Best ponies. My dislike of them is such that some years back when I had extras I ended up giving them away to whoever would take them. I really only have them for completion and some of them smell horrible. In fact, I was even reminded of that fact at Ponycon by one of the people I sent a Banana Surprise to xD.

And I really don't like Chocolate Chip's scent. I have said before that it's a pony weapon of mass destruction and a crate full of that pony would be enough to make anyone surrender. It is the pony scent I hate most bar none (at least in G1, I had to sell a couple of G3 because their scents were so horrible but I can't do that to G1 ><)

But I bought one at Ponycon.

Why?

Because she was really pretty O.o. She's the HK version (my one is China) and this one has much nicer pink and blue shades, with no yellowing or fading of either. And most importantly, her scent has almost entirely faded. Which means that now I can appreciate her for the colour pretty without needing to wear a gas mask to go near her.

So I guess that means that this Chocolate Chip won me over. Even though I am so prejudiced against this set...

I just imagined a sets of scented g1s and g3s with your gas-masked self slowly rising above them while ominous music plays.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 07:38:46 PM »
Like many others, at first I didn't like the G2 ponies at all.  They were so different it was just not right.  But I bought a few just for the experience of opening a brand new pony again.  (Something I thought I'd never have a chance to do.  3 more generations + repos later boy was I wrong!)  I wasn't going to collect them.  I think it was Petal Blossom who won me over.  I remember just holding her and looking at her, and the little details and her specific shades of body and hair made me really like her!  So then I collected them.

And recently I've had a renewed interest in them as well because when I showed my boyfriend my pony collection he thought the G2s were the cutest.  It's made me appreciate them more from a fresh perspective.  Seeing them the way he sees them, not as someone who grew up with G1 so will forever compare them to the first ponies but as someone just looking at a bunch of colorful toy horses with no prior biases and saying "yup, those are cute!"

I was totally not into G4 at first, wasn't even going to buy a single one.  Then when I bought a bunch of G1 ponies from one particular eBay seller they threw in an extra - a little G4 book.  I saw Rainbow Dash on the cover and remembered her from G3.  I had always really liked her name.  I saw that she had an updated symbol, and I thought it looked really cool and creative.  Much more unique than her G3 counterpart.  It was a very slow gradual process from then, but Rainbow Dash slowly worked her way into my brain.  I bought the Ty plushie of her on a whim, then got Applejack since she was so close to her G1 ancestor, who had always been one of my favorites.  Then I decided I'd just collect the Ty plushie set.  But slowly, they still kept working their way in further.  Then I got the Rainbow Dash and Applejack brushables.  I was just gonna have those two.  .... Yeah right.  You all know how that goes.  It wasn't long till I was totally hooked.  Now I have a growing collection of G4's along with all the other generations.  :)
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2018, 05:02:12 PM »
I wasn't a fan of Big Brother or Daddy ponies.  Am not honestly sure why, maybe because I never had or saw any when I was little?  For some irrational reason though I didn't like them at first.  But then I bought Daddy Celebrations, and when I unpacked him from his bubble wrap I fell instantly in love.  Absolutely converted me on the spot.

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2018, 09:51:09 AM »
So Soft ponies. I remember saying I am never going to buy one. Well.. Something happened and now I really love them. Even those that are not in the best condition!

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2018, 05:34:26 PM »
G3s in general, and SLH Rainbow Flash in particular. We got a not-so-gently used Rainbow at a thrift store, and I spent hours getting her to look reasonable. She's missing her crown and accessories, but after working with her for such a long period of time, I've come to appreciate the G3s a lot more, and have had a lot more of them join the collection.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2018, 09:47:20 PM »
Sunny Rays.  When her assortment came out she was the pony I was least excited about.  Yellow's not a color that moves me for the most part, but then I found her at K-Mart and she instantly became my favorite of her whole release (over Trixie Lulamooon, Lyra Heartstrings, & Cherry Berry).  She's gorgeous in person!
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal