collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Ponies Won You Over?  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
What Ponies Won You Over?
« on: September 29, 2018, 11:13:32 AM »
Ponies are tricky lil buggers. Some we turn our noses up at may make us fall in love with the right picture, or seen IP. Who are the ones who made you go from Never to Now?

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: What Ponies Won You Over?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:35:29 PM »
I wasn't keen on the flutterponies until I found one in person (which is always a catalyst to get me to actually collect them), but Rosedust's pose makes me forget how lumpy and weird they are. From the right angle, it just looks adorable! Rosedust in general is a beautiful pony, so she certainly helped to sway me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 01:42:27 PM »
A lot, but one that immediately comes to mind is G3/G3.5 Sweetie Belle. I was indifferent to having a pink and purple pony but the purple in her mane is actually three different shades! It's not easy to tell in pictures. Still far from my favourite, but I appreciate her more and I kinda wish they did more ponies like this instead of giving them one solid colour.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 01:56:50 PM by Ragamuffin »

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 01:49:14 PM »
Twist 'n' Style Starsong wasn't my cup of tea at first, I just generally wasn't into G3.5 for a bit, but I saw her in a display of various toys in Manchester and she really is adorable! I've warmed up to G3.5 in general as well, they're a bit odd but very sweet. :heart:

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 01:50:07 PM »
I didn't like Gusty because of Crunch the Rockdog episode, but she grew on me in the end. Just got to fix her up and have her join her baby again.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 02:38:17 PM »
I wasn’t a really big fan of the first uni poses (Moonie and Glory). But after I got Glory and saw her in person she really swayed me into not only liking her but most of the ponies in that pose. The same with Firefly actually- I never liked her pose as a kid, but now it is my fav pegasus pose.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 03:05:41 PM »
I wasn’t a really big fan of the first uni poses (Moonie and Glory). But after I got Glory and saw her in person she really swayed me into not only liking her but most of the ponies in that pose. The same with Firefly actually- I never liked her pose as a kid, but now it is my fav pegasus pose.

If you don't like them you can send them to me :D :D :D All lovely unicorns and pegasus ponies to me :D:D

I am a bit of a completionist so didn't really have any ponies I didn't want to buy. Maybe in terms of ones I like more from seeing them, though - Springy. I saw a really bad photo of a collection in a pony comic as a kid where a girl had some of these weird stripy ponies and they seemed ugly to me back then. Then when my first trade partner came to the UK in April 1998, she actually brought Springy along with all the other stuff she brought to trade. It was a gift for her granddaughter who lived in the UK at that time.

After I saw her in person, I really liked her :) So I'm going to say Springy.

Also, the SS ponies - but that more for not understanding really what they were, as So Soft was a term used for plush over here...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »
Wigwam-I'm not a fan of orange, but I did like his unique symbol. Still it took me quite a while for me to realize I simply had to have one.

Minty-Her pose turned me away, and the ones I saw on ebay looked dingy and bleh. Even brand new I just couldn't get into her. But getting the Loyal Subjects one turned me around! Her colors are lovely. Reminds me of Irish Spring soap bars for some reason. XD

Curlylocks-She is not a pony, I would have picked out on my own. It took my boyfriend pestering me into buying her. I'm really glad he did, she's quite cute.

Paradise-I liked her character, but thought that hair color was kinda ugly. I have no idea what possessed me to buy her, but I'm glad I did. I now think her hair is a cool color and contrasts so well with her white body.

Hula Hula-I thought this set was tacky and she was such an awful color. Then I saw this picture on eBay of her in good lighting and had to have her. I even like her eye shadow, whereas I didn't before. Fallen in love with this whole set. I'm searching for one of her set mates now.

Pretzel-I bought her for my daughter when they had the pearly two packs in Walmart. She decided she didn't want her after I'd already paid, which made me mad. I'm not a fan of her color combo, but little by little she won me over. Her pink hair is a very lovely shade. It startled me when I realized her eyes were red and not dark pink. Her pretzel symbol had a bit of detail to it. She'll never be a favorite, but I like her now.

Yum Yum-I didn't think the chartreuse hair went with her pastel purple. I even thought she was ugly. But after much debate with helpful arena members, she became my very first flutter. I was still a bit doubtful, but once she came outta that box, it was instant love!

Mer-Fluttershy-I don't like or dislike Fluttershy. She just never blipped on my radar, despite liking yellow n pink ponies. Plus the reboot pose is dreadful. But I kept her seeing her, and considering her. Finally I bought her. Her hair is a lovely shade of pink and she looks really good pearlized. I hafta say, she's kinda charming.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 03:19:25 PM »
The Twinkle Eye ponies.  I did not like how they looked, but when I saw one in person I changed my mind lol.  Sme with the sparkle ones.  I did not care how they looked in photos, but they slowly won me over.  Then I saw one in person and now they'r among my favorites.

Also the G2s.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 03:21:41 PM »
Red Roses, the evil little rustpile that started this all. I didn't even like ponies before having bought her. And now I'm here, two years later with about 50 ponies...
Another one is piggy ponies. I don't think I would care a little bit for them if it wasn't for finding Azul Celeste and having her beg love next to me for so long, she is currently too sitting in front of my computer screen.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
Definitely the perfume puff set. I thought they were the most ridiculous looking things. Then I bought one (Sweet Lily) as I like the pose and just got curious. There was no turning back, lol!

Dance n Prance are another example of a gimmicky set that I thought I'd never have in my herd. That changed, too  :rolleyes:

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 03:59:30 PM »
Every time I come across a new pony or gimmick I don't like much on the internet, it ends up growing on me when I have them in real life. Seriously, I didn't like BBEs much, nor TEs, nor the Tootsie pose and so on.... Now I like them, for some reason. BBEs are cute to me now, TEs look less like aliens now, Tootsie pose is "okay to nice",... Firefly pose is still trying hard though, it has it ups and downs, depends on my mood. I'm not too fond of the Wingers and I'm all over the Flutters. But again, I don't have a winger yet so I'm in a "wait and see" mode, I really can't have a fixed opinion. Am I too versatile or something ? I guess it's just because I don't have a too strong of an opinion regarding pony poses and gimmick. In a way, I'm happy I changed my mind, that's more ponies to love ! :D My wallet and my room space on the other hand are looking at me funny.  :blush:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:01:59 PM by RoseNoire »
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 04:05:33 PM »
SHS Dainty and Flowerburst. I got them in a lot and they didn't attract any interest from buyers until I'd had them for a year. I was going to give Dainty to a friend along with some g3 accessoriesthat made her look like a prom queen, but then I liked how she looked myself,  and by that time Flowerburst had grown on me as well. I made up the price for the lot easily so I wasn't in a rush to sell them.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 12:26:05 AM »

If you don't like them you can send them to me :D :D :D All lovely unicorns and pegasus ponies to me :D:D

:lol: If you’d asked me ten years ago- I probably would have sent them all to you! But luckily I came to my senses :P
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 10:13:15 AM »
I kinda ignored gen 4 ponies then saw the pearly ones, finally have pretzel she was a pain to find.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal