collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: All the pretty horses  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
All the pretty horses
« on: September 29, 2018, 09:41:58 AM »
So I finally got round to getting some photos of my little herd, albeit that the lighting in my room didn't want to co-operate, nor did my belligerent camera, despite copious amounts of fiddling with settings, adjusting exposure, trying different focal points and the like. Might've duffered editing the photos as well, as I haven't done it for a while, but here they are!

Starting with my personal favourite of the lot, I'd been playing Shadow of the Colossus and of course I wanted a little Agro of my own - she is a very good horse. I was very excited to find this one, not quite bang-on accurate but close enough for me (she doesn't have white markings anywhere on her legs but it was astoundingly difficult for me to just to find a black horse with a star on its head!) The little red one is Patrick, the lucky horse - he's been there for quite a while before I got a shine on for collecting models.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aurelia, guardian of the music at the moment. I didn't intend to have quite so many black horses about but Friesians really are beautiful. :heart:

And now for some rather more exotic horses - who's that hiding behind the ponies?

It's Posada! He's up on a high shelf at the moment, so he looks as if he's proudly surveying his domain a lot of the time. XD

And Carnacki, probably the single most right-up-my-alley model of anything ever, also probably my last Traditional size Breyer because yikes! I didn't realise they were that big! I do think they make nice statement pieces, though - especially as my room already has quite a few year-round Halloweeny decorations - but given the sheer size of these horses, I don't think there's anywhere that I could feasibly display any more big models without the room feeling overwhelmed. (Alas, I will have to pass on the Fell pony...) :P

And some considerably smaller Breyers, Ivor the Highland pony and DauĂ°alogn, the Icelandic horse. These two are looking after the more folky part of my room, where the fiddle and the acoustic guitars live.

And a nice family photo of everyone altogether... bit of an odd family but that's why I like 'em. XD

So there's my somewhat scattershot herd, I like to choose horses (and ponies) based on what gets me fired up, even if they are a little mismatched. Now it's your turn! What are your preferences for model horses? Do you focus on particular breeds, brands or themes? (Feel free to show off some photos, too - I'd love to see some more pretty horses!) :)

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
Re: All the pretty horses
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 02:48:03 PM »
Nice herd! I'm glad to see a model/toy horse thread. I collect many brands of horses: Breyers (what I mainly collect), Grand Champions, Schleich, Hartland, BHR, Peter Stone, JustPlay, and many many many more. Right now my collection is at ~150 or more. You can find my Breyers (only breyers) here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,392465.15.html (Warning: Horrendous pictures). Maybe I'll get around to posting pictures of my non-breyers but for now you can go to my blog which is in my sig which has pictures of some of my horses.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 02:50:11 PM by BubbleTea »
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 03:18:47 PM »
Your horses are lovely. I love the highland pony pose. ^^
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 05:19:16 AM »
I collect Frisians too :D I think I have all the ones made by Schleich plus a few from other brands. Most of my collections are packed away right now.

We seem to be into the same kind of decor; gemstones, bones, mystical things and books :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 01:09:31 PM »
Oh, gosh!!! Your Patrick!! I have a little resin from the same line who sits right here at my computer!

I remember there were several of them in this funny little shop in the city years and years ago (like, nearly twenty... yikes)... and this little guy was the one that struck a chord with me.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 12:24:35 PM »
Nice herd! I'm glad to see a model/toy horse thread. I collect many brands of horses: Breyers (what I mainly collect), Grand Champions, Schleich, Hartland, BHR, Peter Stone, JustPlay, and many many many more. Right now my collection is at ~150 or more. You can find my Breyers (only breyers) here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,392465.15.html (Warning: Horrendous pictures). Maybe I'll get around to posting pictures of my non-breyers but for now you can go to my blog which is in my sig which has pictures of some of my horses.

Thank you, and wow, I didn't realise there were that many different brands of model horse about! Your Breyers are really lovely, so many different colours and poses! Thanks for sharing! :)

I collect Frisians too :D I think I have all the ones made by Schleich plus a few from other brands. Most of my collections are packed away right now.

We seem to be into the same kind of decor; gemstones, bones, mystical things and books :lol:

Ooh, Schleich models are so nice - the level of detail on them is fantastic. :heart: Glad to see there's someone else out there who likes mystical decor too, it brings such a cozy and dreamy vibe to a room!

Oh, gosh!!! Your Patrick!! I have a little resin from the same line who sits right here at my computer!

I remember there were several of them in this funny little shop in the city years and years ago (like, nearly twenty... yikes)... and this little guy was the one that struck a chord with me.

It's a small world! These little resin models are really lovely, I'm glad they're still about. :D

Your horses are lovely. I love the highland pony pose. ^^

Thank you! :heart:

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »
Ooh, beautiful horses!  :inlove: I love Friesians too! I fell completely in love with them the first time I saw them in real life! I have lots of Breyer horses, but don't have many other brands. I guess I do have some Peter Stones, Barbie horses, a couple Grand Champions, a Blue Ribbon, & She Ra horses. I'll try to take a few pics.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:51:51 PM by CherryTreats »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 10:34:43 AM »
Such pretty horses! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal