collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Remco ponies?  (Read 844 times)

Offline BabyMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
  • hoarding plastic horses as a hobby
    • View Profile
Remco ponies?
« on: September 28, 2018, 08:31:03 AM »
My aunt sent a remco pony my way, and when I was cleaning her up, her hair totally fell out. I'm curious to know if Remco ponies are difficult to come by, because I'm torn between rehairing her or repurposing her for a custom.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Remco ponies?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:46 AM »
Oh no that reeks! I'm sorry. :( Could always use her as a rehair project, but to answer your question, they are fairly common.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 07:50:33 PM »
I always have loved Remco ponys and their little plastic rainbow hair tie accessories. I still have I think 2 or 3 of them that I wont get rid of. I used to play with them when I was a kid just like the other ponies.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 11:14:24 AM »
I love remcos and yes the orange part of the hair rots really really bad. Happened to a few of mine, all other colors seem to be fine. They also made donkey ones too, and I have two flocked ones.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 12:49:03 PM »
I've got a Remco fakie that used to belong to my older sister, and sadly she has lost most of her hair now. She also has a bunch of age spots. It looks like their hair just rots very easily.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 02:41:30 PM »
Hiar color wise, pink and blue seem to be the ones that work the best, red and orange rot a lot.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 12:35:20 AM »
I have a couple and think they're a cute alternative. I would re-hair them and make them look super pretty, because that's what I'd do for a common G1. It's not as though
 he pony is going to be any worse off if the hair has already fallen out. That's just my take on it.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 11:43:33 AM »
I always have loved Remco ponys and their little plastic rainbow hair tie accessories. I still have I think 2 or 3 of them that I wont get rid of. I used to play with them when I was a kid just like the other ponies.

Me too. I had a white and blue unicorn I called Raindrop. They have such sweet expressions. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 11:55:36 AM »

Me too. I had a white and blue unicorn I called Raindrop. They have such sweet expressions. :)

cute I think I had a purple one and a baby yellow one. I think they were unicorns.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal