collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random thoughts ... share yours here  (Read 10472 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts ... share yours here
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 12:24:25 AM »
Are pass (think bus/train) holders more popular in other countries? Because looking on eBay and the Disney designs (from Japan) are awesome. Trying to decide between my two favorite princesses, Rapunzel and Belle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »
Are pass (think bus/train) holders more popular in other countries? Because looking on eBay and the Disney designs (from Japan) are awesome. Trying to decide between my two favorite princesses, Rapunzel and Belle.

I know that the Japanese have a lot of labels for their passes as well. I have seen them here too, for Oyster cards...

When I was in Japan I saw a lot of pass holders, but they weren't the kind that I generally use so I didn't buy them. I think it's because of the prevalence of IC cards on their transport systems. That and the Japanese like making and selling stuff you don't really need but you end up wanting because it's cute.

That's why I have a small army of sushi with faces on my shelf and a giant slice of sashimi by my bed. Because reasons.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 08:21:18 AM »

I know that the Japanese have a lot of labels for their passes as well. I have seen them here too, for Oyster cards...

When I was in Japan I saw a lot of pass holders, but they weren't the kind that I generally use so I didn't buy them. I think it's because of the prevalence of IC cards on their transport systems. That and the Japanese like making and selling stuff you don't really need but you end up wanting because it's cute.

That's why I have a small army of sushi with faces on my shelf and a giant slice of sashimi by my bed. Because reasons.

Thanks for the info, I learned something.  Yeah, it seems they love to make all the things. Even if you don't need a travel bag or tissue holder. But holy heck is everything so cute and the characters.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 09:04:14 AM »

Thanks for the info, I learned something.  Yeah, it seems they love to make all the things. Even if you don't need a travel bag or tissue holder. But holy heck is everything so cute and the characters.

My nemesis was the stationery department. Because all the pencils. And all the cute. And all the little completely useless and irrelevant stuffed things that seem to lurk around stationery sections because why not? I have a lot of Japanese files with cute on them, too. My class notes for teaching next week are both in sumikkogurashi folders...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 11:27:43 PM »

My nemesis was the stationery department. Because all the pencils. And all the cute. And all the little completely useless and irrelevant stuffed things that seem to lurk around stationery sections because why not? I have a lot of Japanese files with cute on them, too. My class notes for teaching next week are both in sumikkogurashi folders...

I've taken the year off from college, so I don't any school supplies but those are all so tempting. Especially the folders, well my class notes could get a nice upgrade. From the boring folders, they're currently housed in..

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »
Is it wrong that I have spent this week watching somewhat questionable anime about the Sengoku period thanks to doing preparation for teaching my second year class?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 10:28:59 AM »
Is it wrong that I have spent this week watching somewhat questionable anime about the Sengoku period thanks to doing preparation for teaching my second year class?

I don't think it's wrong, is it Sengoku Basara or Sengoku Musou

Is it wrong that I keep thinking of things for my Attack on Titan FanFiction and not writing them down?

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 10:36:15 AM »

I don't think it's wrong, is it Sengoku Basara or Sengoku Musou

Is it wrong that I keep thinking of things for my Attack on Titan FanFiction and not writing them down?

I haven't watched either yet, actually. I keep meaning to watch Sengoku Musou because I know the voice artists and their concept, but because I know the history and it's quite brutal, I haven't yet. I'm considering Sengoku warriors as my next representation project so I'm sort of keeping Musou for that...

(I have a soft spot generally for Ishida Mitsunari and Akechi Mitsuhide in a real life history sense. Because I tend to like the warriors that everyone else likes to hate)

Basara I haven't got to yet. I am talking about even more questionable anime series than that, like ones in which they're suddenly vampires or a random kid from modern Japan ends up being Nobunaga...

And yes. Not writing things down is bad. But I guess you're like me and you think of things at that one moment when you have no way to write ><
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:40:19 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 02:14:31 PM »
Boy it sure was a long day today! I did not sleep very well at all and was dragging butt at work! I have to get off my butt now and make dinner now that I am home. But I just don't want to...…...Why do we need to eat? Sure would save us a lot of money if we stopped eating...… LOL   Nope that 14 year old sure would not like that one!!!! LOL  I better get going to get dinner done!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 06:43:03 AM »
I am amused by really silly things.

Yesterday on my way back from Ponycon, on my local region line there was a train weirdly running direct to my station without stopping. Usually there are several stops in between, so that was weird.

The train kept announcing stations but not stopping at them. The guard kept saying we weren't stopping at those stations and then the automatic announcement would announce them anyway.

And every time it said, mind the gap between the train and the platform edge.

And me, with my strange brain, thought that instruction must be for any adrenaline junkies or superheroes, who like jumping between moving trains. Since in most cases by the time the announcement happened, the platform edge had already been passed...

The train did indeed stop it's first stop at my station. Despite many auto announcements to the contrary ;)

Sometimes you just have to laugh at British trains.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 07:14:53 AM »
I had a nightmare where I drempt of a lit of children at rhyme time, and today my nightmare came true, there was lots and lots of children in the children's area for rhyme time.  :shocked:

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 11:06:52 AM »
Why is it when I see a nice Halloween prop on markdown, I never have the cash on hand.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2018, 11:44:51 PM »
I am wide awake thanks to drinking a Dr. Pepper today to get rid of a headache (I don't drink caffeine much so when I do it keeps me awake).  Anyway, I've been thinking about the Big Bang Theory episode where they analyse Back to the Future 2 and try to figure out how Future Biff got back to the same future that he took the Delorean from.  It's simple, but they made it WAY too complicated. (will have has brought...?)

The answer is this: It is foreshadowing.  When they go back to 1955 and leave Jennifer asleep on the porch in alternate 1985, Doc explains that once they fix the time stream everything will go back to normal, taking Jennifer and Einstein (the dog) with it and they'll never even know about the alternate reality.  So when Doc and Marty go back to 1955 and fix it, it automatically fixed the time stream.  Even though Old Biff tried to change the time stream, Marty and Doc prevented 1955 Biff from ever making the first bet which fixed the time stream in the past before Old Biff would have returned to 2015 in an alternate reality.  And even if Old Biff had managed to make it to the alternate reality, fixing the time steam would have automatically returned him to the 2015 he left from (as it did with Einstein and Jennifer).  Basically, Old Biff should have known immediately that his "master plan" had failed, if not from returning to the reality he started from then because he would have had the memories of being foiled by Doc and Marty.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 11:50:37 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2018, 05:08:11 AM »
I have a first date today and I'm getting nervous -- last night I couldn't sleep very well. This can't be healthy, lol, and it's not like me. I'll try to remember that he's probably nervous, too, and try to treat it kind of like getting to know a new friend, because I think we can be friends if nothing else, he's really great . . .

I am wide awake thanks to drinking a Dr. Pepper today to get rid of a headache (I don't drink caffeine much so when I do it keeps me awake).  Anyway, I've been thinking about the Big Bang Theory episode where they analyse Back to the Future 2 and try to figure out how Future Biff got back to the same future that he took the Delorean from.  It's simple, but they made it WAY too complicated. (will have has brought...?)

The answer is this: It is foreshadowing.  When they go back to 1955 and leave Jennifer asleep on the porch in alternate 1985, Doc explains that once they fix the time stream everything will go back to normal, taking Jennifer and Einstein (the dog) with it and they'll never even know about the alternate reality.  So when Doc and Marty go back to 1955 and fix it, it automatically fixed the time stream.  Even though Old Biff tried to change the time stream, Marty and Doc prevented 1955 Biff from ever making the first bet which fixed the time stream in the past before Old Biff would have returned to 2015 in an alternate reality.  And even if Old Biff had managed to make it to the alternate reality, fixing the time steam would have automatically returned him to the 2015 he left from (as it did with Einstein and Jennifer).  Basically, Old Biff should have known immediately that his "master plan" had failed, if not from returning to the reality he started from then because he would have had the memories of being foiled by Doc and Marty.
:lol: Whoa, I love all the Back to the Future movies and never realized Old Biff was "stuck." But now I have the explanation why he's not stuck, ha ha.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2018, 05:41:48 AM »
The cold weather got here too quickly,  I miss the warm summer weather :( I hate having to bundle up just to be comfortable while going out.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal