collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ♥ ♡ ♥StrawberrySundance's art thread?♥ ♡ ♥ Update 2  (Read 1847 times)

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
So...I dug up an old holiday sketch book from back in July and I found some pony sketches inside. I've never had an 'OC' of any sort but I guess I tried to draw some in a G4 style but to be honest I don't draw much (My GCSE art teacher really put me off) but I'd like to get your opinions on these two. I'm also hoping to do these digital when/If I can borrow my sisters iPad or get my own digital drawing tablet but in a more exciting pose! (and draw 'Crosses' in a G2 style as I think it would suit her  :P)

I'm sorry these aren't great, I've never really drawn a pony before  ^^;

Pineapple Fritters/Pineapple Turnover
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pineapple Fritters is an earth pony who lives with her big brother, Banana Fritters, and runs a pie shop. She's very shy and can usually sense when something is going to be a disaster!

Pony type;Earth pony
Mane/tail colours; Orange tail, orange fringe and green tips
Symbol; Upside down pineapple
Eye colour; Green
Body colour; Yellow

Crosses (favourite! I want make a custom of her teehee :P)
Spoiler

Crosses is a fighter. She is strong both mentally and physically. Always looking out for her sisters Criss, Tic, Tac and Toe. She seems like a tomboy on the outside but on the inside she has a huge soft spot for bows and butterflies.

Pony type;Earth pony
Mane/tail colours; Candy apple red with sky blue bows(She has a very badly cut mane and tail)
Symbol; Large red cross
Eye colour; Blue
Body colour; White

So what do you think? Do they look G4-ish? Any improvements? I'm going to practice poses and stuff :biggrin:

I have also been developing my own style during breaks in college

More art coming soon! Hopefully, if it doesn't continue to look like garbage

UPDATE

So I grouped some ponies together, took a picture and drew Crosses, Tic, Tac and Toe in these poses (changed mouths and leg positions a bit) and made this
I think it'd look better digital or coloured  ^^;

Drawing from afternoon college break.

Photoshop version
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:20:02 PM by StrawberrySundance »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: ♥ ♡ ♥StrawberrySundance's art thread?♥ ♡ ♥
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 04:53:28 PM »
I think they're very cute! I love how long the legs are. If you have a mouse, honestly drawing with the curve tool in paint is just as fun and is a nice introduction to get used with some digital art tools, even if ms paint in general is considered "lesser art" for some reason. 
If you want to develop your own style, I suggest looking at pictures of actual ponies/horses and going from there. It makes me draw my ponies with a rounder snout rather than a small G4 one.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 06:01:00 PM »
Nice! Crosses is so cute, a custom would be awesome! Twilight is very pretty too, love how your style is coming. Nice job :D

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 12:03:06 AM »
Great work! I really like your own style that you're developing! :) I also love Pineapple Fritters' design, her hair styled to look like a pineapple leaf is a nice touch!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ♥ ♡ ♥StrawberrySundance\\\'s art thread?♥ ♡ ♥
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 02:35:05 AM »
I think they're very cute! I love how long the legs are. If you have a mouse, honestly drawing with the curve tool in paint is just as fun and is a nice introduction to get used with some digital art tools, even if ms paint in general is considered "lesser art" for some reason. 
If you want to develop your own style, I suggest looking at pictures of actual ponies/horses and going from there. It makes me draw my ponies with a rounder snout rather than a small G4 one.

Thank you so much! :hug:
I'll give paint a try haha, my mouse is lurking somewhere...I've got Photoshop too so I can also give that a go! :D
I'll take a look at photos of ponies for my own style, I want to be able to doodle more than one pose.

Nice! Crosses is so cute, a custom would be awesome! Twilight is very pretty too, love how your style is coming. Nice job :D
Thank you!  I found a bait G2 pony on eBay so I might buy her and turn her into Crosses, I've never made a custom so it'll be a fun challenge!

Great work! I really like your own style that you're developing! :) I also love Pineapple Fritters' design, her hair styled to look like a pineapple leaf is a nice touch!

Thank you!  :biggrin:
I was actually going to name her Banana Fritters at first but her hair style made me turn her into Pineapple haha  ^.^
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:29:27 AM by StrawberrySundance »

Online Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: ♥ ♡ ♥StrawberrySundance's art thread?♥ ♡ ♥ Update 2
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 11:23:09 AM »
These are really cute! I'm sorry to hear your art teacher put you down. :(  I think you did beautifully with the G4 style.

I love the group picture, the babies are adorable and the ponies' poses nicely reflect the interaction between them!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ♥ ♡ ♥StrawberrySundance's art thread?♥ ♡ ♥ Update 2
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 11:42:03 AM »
Thank you so much! Yeah, to be honest she put the whole class down, she wasn't the nicest teacher...She actually ripped my personal sketch book's spine and ripped the pages she liked from one of my school ones, stuck them in the final book and threw the rest away so I lost marks in my exam  :(

Thank you XD I just had the idea to group my ponies together and sketch! Babies are so fun to draw  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal