Pony Talk > The Dollhouse

Kokeshi dolls

(1/1)

katrine2309:
I found my first kokeshi doll at a flea market today! :biggrin: I don’t really collect them myself, so I was thinking about letting her go. However, I don’t know much about these dolls at all. Anyone here collects them, or know something about them?

I have found out that she is the traditional type, from the district of Togatto. She is signed by the artist, and she also has the year 1985 signed on her. She is really cute!

Lady.Arachnia:
I thought I didn't know about these doll's, so I did the Ol'Google Search!
And then I found out that the make-up brand Oriflame brought out a serie of perfumes...styled in the way of this kind of Doll's!
I have two of them....never used though...but they came with blanco face and body and a sheet of stickers so you can made the doll to youre own liking! And the perfume sit in a simple glass vial in to the body of the doll! And I own the pink and the peach variant of them......still NRFB and for sale... :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

katrine2309:
Ah! Those are really cool!

I didn’t know much about them either, but I accidentally bumped into some info on them and then two days later I found one in a fleamarket :lol:

They are really cool actually. Kokeshi means something like «dolls without limbs» in Japanese. They are a big deal apparently and a huge collector base for it. I almost was tempted to start collecting them myself :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version