collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Strange eBay transaction involving multiple tracking numbers  (Read 3032 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Strange eBay transaction involving multiple tracking numbers
« on: October 02, 2018, 02:01:34 PM »
I bought a lot of ponies off eBay on Sept. 23. I paid right away and received a message from eBay that a label was prepared and the package was expected to arrive by Sept. 28.

When Sept. 28 came and there was no package I checked the tracking and a second tracking number was uploaded into the transaction, so I contacted the seller inquiring about that. Neither tracking numbers showed the package as being accepted by the postal service or en route to me. The seller said that the label got wet in the rain and was returned and she had to create a new label and was sorry she hadn't contacted me.

Well today there is a third tracking number uploaded on the transaction. This one shows the package en route. I contacted the seller inquiring about it. She said maybe the post office uploaded the third number onto eBay (which would be impossible) and says she is as confused as I am about the whole thing.

Is eBay playing tricks on us do you think or is my seller not being forthcoming with me? I've not had this occurrence before and just hope to get my package.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 02:03:27 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Strange eBay transaction involving multiple tracking numbers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »
I've made labels in the past and voided them (weight error). Both tracking numbers stayed on eBay.

Three sounds weird.

Do you use informed delivery? If it's showing up moving in there, I wouldn't worry about it. . . Besides the whole issue that it's late.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »
I've made labels in the past and voided them (weight error). Both tracking numbers stayed on eBay.

Three sounds weird.

Do you use informed delivery? If it's showing up moving in there, I wouldn't worry about it. . . Besides the whole issue that it's late.

I do use informed delivery. The only tracking number that has ever shown movement is the last one, the one that showed up Oct. 2.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 02:17:04 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 02:25:35 PM »
Since it uses your address to pull the info, I think I'd be 90% sure it's on it's way.

I think the seller just kinda gave excuses to whatever delay there was.  Seems strange, but what can you do... Besides docking stars for slow shipping...

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 02:32:27 PM »
I think the seller just kinda gave excuses to whatever delay there was.

I think so too but that's just a weird way to go about it. Why not just be open and honest about it? Most people are understanding that people have lives outside eBay. I just wondered whether there was another explanation because I would feel bad if I dinged stars for communication and the weirdness and delays were due to eBay glitches.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 02:39:34 PM »
I imagine there was partial truth... I always fear my labels getting wet.

I usually ding communication when it's blatent lies. . . Or NO communication despite multiple messages about something important.

To me (and everyone is different), I'd ding a star for shipping but not communication.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 05:46:34 AM »
I did receive the ponies. Six of the ponies came soaking wet and there is a label on top of a label. So, perhaps what happened is she shipped out the package, it was returned because the label got wet in the rain. Then she reboxed them, printed out another label, but this was heavier because of the different box and she printed out a third label. That would explain the drowned ponies but yet the box being fine. I don't know, the seller wasn't a good communicator. She only would communicate if I extended communication to her first.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 09:54:54 AM »
I did receive the ponies. Six of the ponies came soaking wet and there is a label on top of a label. So, perhaps what happened is she shipped out the package, it was returned because the label got wet in the rain. Then she reboxed them, printed out another label, but this was heavier because of the different box and she printed out a third label. That would explain the drowned ponies but yet the box being fine. I don't know, the seller wasn't a good communicator. She only would communicate if I extended communication to her first.

That makes sense...but it's a shame she didn't dry the poor things first. I mean, I guess she was worried about the delay, but if she'd sent you a message saying, this is what happened, here's the pictures, I want to dry them out first, is that ok? You'd probably have been fine with that, right? Not communicating what happened in full is problematic, it creates misunderstandings.

I hope the wet ponies dried out okay and there aren't any longterm issues from their unexpected soaking.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 10:07:41 AM »

That makes sense...but it's a shame she didn't dry the poor things first. I mean, I guess she was worried about the delay, but if she'd sent you a message saying, this is what happened, here's the pictures, I want to dry them out first, is that ok? You'd probably have been fine with that, right? Not communicating what happened in full is problematic, it creates misunderstandings.

I hope the wet ponies dried out okay and there aren't any longterm issues from their unexpected soaking.

Absolutely! When I first contacted her about the two different tracking numbers after the package didn't arrive when it was supposed to I was surprised when she told me it was returned and she had to resend it and wondered why she hadn't just contacted me in the first place to let me know of the delay.

At first I thought maybe she hadn't realized they were wet but the six were separated into a bag away from the other ponies so she had to know. I would have been fine if she needed some extra time to dry them out before shipping but they don't seem to have been damaged. I dried them out a little in front of a heater and now they are continuing to dry upside down near a dehumidifier.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 05:51:17 AM »

This. I totally agree  :nod: 
Well that explains the tracking numbers/ rain situation, but the seller really should have messaged you with the sort of thing Taffeta wrote, especially as she knew that some ponies were wet and she actually separated them.
I think for that, I would ding a star on communication...possibly also on shipping too because she didn't ask you if you wanted to wait a bit for time to dry them out and re-send , and you had to message her to find out what was happening rather than the other way around in the first place. Up to you, just my opinion.
I'm glad you got your ponies though and that they seem to be drying out ok with no other issues :hug: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 06:40:28 AM »

This. I totally agree  :nod: 
Well that explains the tracking numbers/ rain situation, but the seller really should have messaged you with the sort of thing Taffeta wrote, especially as she knew that some ponies were wet and she actually separated them.
I think for that, I would ding a star on communication...possibly also on shipping too because she didn't ask you if you wanted to wait a bit for time to dry them out and re-send , and you had to message her to find out what was happening rather than the other way around in the first place. Up to you, just my opinion.
I'm glad you got your ponies though and that they seem to be drying out ok with no other issues :hug: 

Thanks for the advice. I did ding one star each for communication and shipping time and I mentioned my transaction had three tracking numbers and six of my ponies arrived wet in the details, since they weren't just a little wet. They looked like they had been soaking in a bath tub and never dried.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 06:30:15 AM »
At least the good news is you seem to have saved them from the mould or anything worse. So glad about that. And that you did receive them. I think you did right with the feedback and stars. Maybe seller will think next time about these aspects.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 06:35:30 AM »
Oh no . . . She really should have tried to dry the ponies off first.  But I kind of get it.  eBay (and most buyers) put more stock in "getting the product FAST" than anything else.  Thoroughly drying off ponies (making sure there's no water trapped in the bodies) would take days.  She probably figured speed was most important, especially with the delay of the package being returned.

Even if a buyer agrees to wait to have something shipped, eBay will be counting the days since the item was purchased and will start sinking the seller's metrics if they delay shipping. I hate how inflexible eBay's system has become.  Sure has changed since the days when sellers would wait two weeks to ship (seems amazing now) to make sure personal checks wouldn't bounce.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 12:37:33 PM »
That's true. And the days when sellers would happily wait for you to send $ cash from overseas in the post. Even paying ebay fees that way back then...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »
Oh no . . . She really should have tried to dry the ponies off first.  But I kind of get it.  eBay (and most buyers) put more stock in "getting the product FAST" than anything else.  Thoroughly drying off ponies (making sure there's no water trapped in the bodies) would take days.  She probably figured speed was most important, especially with the delay of the package being returned.

I'm just thankful the seller had enough common sense to separate those ponies and not wrap them in newspaper or color tissue paper or something that would leave permanent discoloration.

But it wouldn't have taken long to take an air dryer on a low setting with warm or cool air to dry them some. Especially since because of the change in tracking numbers, the time actually reset for when the package was supposed to arrive (which I didn't check until I noticed it didn't arrive the day it was first supposed to arrive). It kept getting pushed back with each new tracking number. So she had time. So, even though it arrived a week later than the original arrival date, it was still on time with the third tracking number which eBay had recorded as the official arrival date.

Although eBay may be unforgiving on time, sellers set the time. They set the shipping and handling time and payment time. Yes, they are rewarded for faster shipping, but you can really only get something out as fast as the mail allows.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal