collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scribbles versus Dabbles: Is one more valuable than the other?  (Read 2658 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Scribbles versus Dabbles: Is one more valuable than the other?
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:44:23 PM »
So I've noticed some price differences and thought it was interesting...Scribbles seems to be going for a lot more than Dabbles lately...why is that? I know they did not come together as a set, so I wondered if Scribbles for some reason was more sought after?  :nerdy:

Anypony have some insight on sales in the past? Why Dabbles tends to go for less than Scribbles?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Scribbles versus Dabbles: Is one more valuable than the other?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 12:44:50 AM »
Scribbles has always seemed more valuable than Dabble. I think that they were ordered separately...though they could be ordered together.  Dabble is also prone to losing the aqua in her mane. It's hard to explain but I think Scribbles had always just seemed more attractive to collectors. It was like that even back in the nineties...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 05:37:34 AM »
They seem to just be allover right now if they come up individually. Together is a whole different story.
I paid the most I've ever paid for two ponies when I bought them last month, it only took me a year to save up for them... lol.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 06:40:17 AM »
I've always thought Scribbles was the prettier of the two ponies. :) It looks like they were only featured in one mail order offer and didn't come as a set.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Beach-pamphlet2.jpg

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 07:56:10 AM »
I think people prefer Scribbles, especially if she is still white and not cream. I prefer her myself actually  :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 12:08:28 PM »
I think people prefer Scribbles, especially if she is still white and not cream. I prefer her myself actually  :)

I think this is the main reason too. I also prefer her, to be honest. I am also pretty sure that I had to trade higher for Scribbles than Dabble although they have both gone through price loops of up and down depending on demand. Last year there were a couple of sets even being sold at Ponycon so I do wonder how rare they really are if you know where to look...but the fact the MO range didn't come to the UK makes them both in demand over here. Just it's always been the case that more people go after Scribbles...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 03:43:47 PM »
Scribbles has always seemed more valuable than Dabble. I think that they were ordered separately...though they could be ordered together.  Dabble is also prone to losing the aqua in her mane. It's hard to explain but I think Scribbles had always just seemed more attractive to collectors. It was like that even back in the nineties...
Thats interesting that the preference seems to go tat far back! Good to know.

They seem to just be allover right now if they come up individually. Together is a whole different story.
I paid the most I've ever paid for two ponies when I bought them last month, it only took me a year to save up for them... lol.
is getting them together a preferred grail? I just can't imagine paying more money for a set just because they happen to come together, especially since they were sold individually as MOs...just my penny-pinching preference tho, more power to you

I've always thought Scribbles was the prettier of the two ponies. :) It looks like they were only featured in one mail order offer and didn't come as a set.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Beach-pamphlet2.jpg

Ponyfan
Yeah the fact that they were sold individually is what makes it puzzling to me, you'd think they'd be of equal value...I guess Scribbles is more appealing according to this thread so far...hmmmm
I actually prefer Dabble, not sure why other than I like Purple, I think thats art of why I was like "huh?"

I think this is the main reason too. I also prefer her, to be honest. I am also pretty sure that I had to trade higher for Scribbles than Dabble although they have both gone through price loops of up and down depending on demand. Last year there were a couple of sets even being sold at Ponycon so I do wonder how rare they really are if you know where to look...but the fact the MO range didn't come to the UK makes them both in demand over here. Just it's always been the case that more people go after Scribbles...
Yeah the rarity(natch) of the item is definitely up for debate...I will say in my most recent searches on ebay and various fb groups that I have seen more of Dabble than I have of Scribbles...
This is all very interesting to me for sure

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 04:20:50 PM »
It is possible that they made more Dabbles than Scribbles...like they did with Gametime and Sugarcake. Hasbro apparently ran out of Sugarcake...maybe the same happened with Scribbles.

I think buying them together just avoids additional shipping and additional hassle. Especially if you happen to get them in person at a con or a fair. Otherwise I can't really see a benefit either :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 05:42:31 AM »

is getting them together a preferred grail? I just can't imagine paying more money for a set just because they happen to come together, especially since they were sold individually as MOs...just my penny-pinching preference tho, more power to you

To each their own, but in my preference I wanted to have them both together as I like having complete sets. Now, I have saw them both up for sale together recently for $60 more than what I paid, if that says something. Their purchase for me was convenient as it wasn't on evilbay and was for a good cause for the seller. I have been very frugal about the cost of about 90% of my collection. I am allowed to splurge now as I'm at the very HTF mail orders/sea ponies left. :o)

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 09:10:04 AM »
To each their own, but in my preference I wanted to have them both together as I like having complete sets. Now, I have saw them both up for sale together recently for $60 more than what I paid, if that says something. Their purchase for me was convenient as it wasn't on evilbay and was for a good cause for the seller. I have been very frugal about the cost of about 90% of my collection. I am allowed to splurge now as I'm at the very HTF mail orders/sea ponies left. :o)
I certainly didn't mean to insult your purchasing preference or anything, congrats on getting them and getting even closer to completing your collection. I know how it feels to be so close to finishing, and more power to you on your splurging I certainly do my own splurging quite often when it comes to these more expensive ponies!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 09:14:39 AM »
I certainly didn't mean to insult your purchasing preference or anything, congrats on getting them and getting even closer to completing your collection. I know how it feels to be so close to finishing, and more power to you on your splurging I certainly do my own splurging quite often when it comes to these more expensive ponies!
No offense taken darlin'. When I first saw them on wiki, I fell in love. Every time I've attempted for them outside of evilbay I've been too late, so it was quite exciting to find them together. Terrible picture included. :o) 

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »
I guess im with the minority I really like Dabble better. Popular ponies are ok really they are but purple has always been my thing.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 12:12:01 PM »
I would imagine the fading pink on Scribbles makes her worth a little more...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 12:52:26 AM »
I also prefer Dabble . . . Might just be a color preference thing if one is worth more?  Like Night Glider being worth more than TAF Buttons.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 05:04:40 AM »
It's probably just color/theme preference. I prefer Scribbles personally, but that's because I love white ponies and lighter colors. Unfortunately it's a preference I share with most others, so ponies like YumYum are uusally a bit more expensive.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal