collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Worst/Weirdest/Outrageous Ebay Auctions  (Read 7788 times)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Worst/Weirdest/Outrageous Ebay Auctions
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 03:50:16 PM »
Does anyone remember that person from the late 90s who would buy big lots of perfectly fine ponies and customize them into . . .

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The seller hasn't been able to sell this one yet! It's pretty funny.
Dear skies, the poor thing.  It looks like it was rolled in sand. What's with the random cheek circle, and why would you outline in black of all things?  T__T  Granted there aren't many customs I like the look of (most of the modern ones seem to always suffer from overstuffed tail or rapunzel length hair or both) but this is just ugly.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 04:17:02 PM »
Does anyone remember that person from the late 90s who would buy big lots of perfectly fine ponies and customize them into . . .

The seller hasn't been able to sell this one yet! It's pretty funny.
Dear skies, the poor thing.  It looks like it was rolled in sand. What's with the random cheek circle, and why would you outline in black of all things?  T__T  Granted there aren't many customs I like the look of (most of the modern ones seem to always suffer from overstuffed tail or rapunzel length hair or both) but this is just ugly.

I don't remember this person specifically but I remember a lot of perfectly good ponies getting turned into...erm...well, let's just say I preferred them as they were. But G1 were more plentiful then so nobody really kicked up a big fuss about it.

The price of Nirvana ponies is always mysterious to me. I know there are ponies in that category which have changed hands for thousands of dollars. I guess if it makes you happy and you have the money, then that's up to you. But I find it hard to reason out one plastic pony being worth that much money, even OOAK.

That said, I don't really let ebay auctions for Nirvana ponies surprise me. If it were a regular G1 baby for $5000 then it might be worth discussing, but I have seen other Greek babies sell for four figure sums. I don't pretend to know which Greek ponies are expensive and which are not these days, but although I personally think it crazy, its still within the range of what Nirvana collectors sometimes pay for ponies. When you see hairless South African ponies selling for $2000 then $5000 greek babies with accessories somehow seem normal...o.O.

...Or maybe not. But its well known that there have been Nirvana ponies which have changed hands for way more than $5000. *shrugs* Nirvana collectors are a different breed.

I wouldn't pay it, it's crazy money, but in context with the market in general, I think $1000 for a regular Peachy is much more outrageous than $5000 for a Nirvana baby.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2018, 04:19:29 PM »
Nah, I don't think that listing is all like "AUTHENTIC MLP!!", it's more like the MLP is being used as a generic search term since its a plastic pony. It's pretty common. Even people who know the names of their fakies will put that in the title, because it will get people to look at their auctions.

It's not a good deal, sure, but it's far from outrageous.

Okay...I can see that.  I would do it differently I guess.  Still, this is more weird than outrageous.  "VINTAGE HASBRO MY LITTLE PONIES PONY HORSE HAIR ANIMAL DOLLS" is still making me snicker.

Intereting bit about the number on the case though!

some common ponies (any gen) that look like they've been bathed in old grease and dragged behind a car on a rope

AHAHAHAAAA

The seller must have relisted that - the first title I saw said it was a prototype.

Oh wow lol

[uote] I remember one with half an adult sea pony being sold as a great pen holder. Wish I had screengrabbed it.[/quote]

O_o  Yikes.  I bet collectors were horrified lol

"Use them as a (2) pen holder!
Bury them in your yard!
Let a small animal use them for a nest! "

Oh wow LOL  That is crazy and kind of hilarious.  But that poor seapony man.

"slightly decapitated lol"

Yikes!  OK they bought it they can do whatever they want with it, but jeez!  Why defce a perfectly good pony?

And is that just...marker?

Baby Sugarberry, I don't like the uber long hair as much on customs, either.

Someday I might like to hav a Nirvana or two.  But I would not pay that much for one.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »
I just saw in someone's feedback a listing for an auction for an evil eyed fakie that will *quote* "Eat your soul!". Pity the auction was so long ago there's no live link...I'd quite like to see this evil fakie of doom o.O.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 04:30:40 PM »
I just saw in someone's feedback a listing for an auction for an evil eyed fakie that will *quote* "Eat your soul!". Pity the auction was so long ago there's no live link...I'd quite like to see this evil fakie of doom o.O.

I would too! Though this one is...interesting. 

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 04:32:27 PM »
Yikes!  OK they bought it they can do whatever they want with it, but jeez!  Why defce a perfectly good pony?

And is that just...marker?
I think it is.  Probably done with a Sharpie.  I'm sad to think what this pony looks like now. Not because they're particularly rare or valuable but no toy deserves to be deliberately ruined.  At least there's still the option of restoration or a better custom, unlike those ponies that got cut up into plant holders. X__X

Baby Sugarberry, I don't like the uber long hair as much on customs, either.
What really gets me is when they carve out a HUGE hole for the tail, like, half the size of the pony's neck, and it's just... pooping hair.  SO much hair.  Stuffed full so it doesn't even fall properly, just POOF giant fan of hair.  Hard pass.

G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2018, 04:36:22 PM »
LOL  Pooping hair, oh wow.  There's a mental image.  Both literally pooping hair, and what those tails must look like.   :lmao:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2018, 05:12:32 PM »
The sad thing is that's actually one of the less awful customs from that seller (yeah, seller not collector . . . I am pretty sure they didn't collect, but just flipped ponies into customs for the money . . . believe it or not people did buy them, which still blows my mind.)   Because usually she would have filled in the Pikachu cheeks with red or some other bright color, and same with the hooves.  But this pony, being wedding themed, escaped.

I always thought of them as the "OOAK seller" because they always put OOAK in their auction titles, and I didn't know it meant 'one of a kind' so I thought it was a screenname, lol.

The wedding pony there was apparently found at a thrift shop which is how she ended up on eBay recently. I wish I'd saved pics of some of the original (OOAK!) seller's other customs because they were wild.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:15:15 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2018, 06:54:53 PM »
I just found an auction for 3 MLP coloring books for the "low" price of $150. :rofl:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline strawberrypony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2018, 12:36:03 AM »

I would too! Though this one is...interesting. 

Oh my gosh its so cute though XD to me at least haha
:hope: ponies make for a happy day

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2018, 02:36:31 AM »
Not pony related, but I found this by mistake a while back and just checked to see if it was still available. Someone is selling an (empty) diaper box for $100-00. There is another for $350-00. But never fear! This one does still contain 6 never-unfolded nappies. What a relief!

I haven't figured out how to post a screen shot, but a search on eBay for 'diaper box vintage' will bring them, and others, up  :)

Did anyone see this extremely flawed Mimic? I felt so sorry for her... ouch!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MLP-G-1-Hasbro-My-Little-Pony-MIMIC-TWINKLE-EYE-TE-FLAWED-/123376218816?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

Offline strawberrypony

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2018, 03:05:10 AM »
Not pony related, but I found this by mistake a while back and just checked to see if it was still available. Someone is selling an (empty) diaper box for $100-00. There is another for $350-00. But never fear! This one does still contain 6 never-unfolded nappies. What a relief!

I haven't figured out how to post a screen shot, but a search on eBay for 'diaper box vintage' will bring them, and others, up  :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MLP-G-1-Hasbro-My-Little-Pony-MIMIC-TWINKLE-EYE-TE-FLAWED-/123376218816?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

That poor mimic! D: I cant believe they said " priced accordingly" after mentioning the giant hole in her neck. How on earth is $78 priced accordingly  -_-  i hope she finds a loving home somewhere
:hope: ponies make for a happy day

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2018, 03:35:14 AM »

That poor mimic! D: I cant believe they said " priced accordingly" after mentioning the giant hole in her neck. How on earth is $78 priced accordingly  -_-  i hope she finds a loving home somewhere

That Mimic....looks dead to me. I mean, Mimic has bright, sparkling, green eyes. And that one's are just...dull and empty. It's really creepy. More creepy than the giant hole in the neck. It's like the zombie ponies got her O.O.

That Sunset Shimmeresque inflatable fakie is disturbingly cute.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2018, 06:05:08 AM »
Aww, poor Mimic. The listing has ensed to she's already found a home, hopefully her new owner can patch that up with clay!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2018, 09:51:06 PM »
  I didn't know it meant 'one of a kind' so I thought it was a screenname, lol.

I didn't at first, either.

strawberry pony it IS kinda cute lol

This one does still contain 6 never-unfolded nappies. What a relief!

Ooo 6 whole nappies, what a deal.

Poor mimic!  I would not pay nearly thaat much for a pony with a big hole, no matter what the reast looked like.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal