Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Worst/Weirdest/Outrageous Ebay Auctions

(1/13) > >>

hyenacub:
OK so I found this auction of LOT OF 5 VINTAGE HASBRO MY LITTLE PONIES PONY HORSE HAIR ANIMAL DOLLS!  LOL  (It's a group of fakies.)  Not sure if we're allowed to post auctions not our own, but this one is easily findable.  And for the low, low price of 18.50.  (screenshot below as suggested)

And of course there are those who charge ridiculous amounts of money for common ponies, or have very strange titles and/or descriptions, etc..

So that got me wondering, what have been the weirdest, most outrageous ebay (or other) pony auctions you've found?  Because now I am curious.

The title and description crack me up, and it starts at such a low bid!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

tailrustedtealeaf:
You can take screenshots and post those, I believe!  ^.^
There was that one from a few months ago of some really common G1s listed for $5k. The lot even included fakies. I'm fairly certain paradise-estate on Tumblr had a screenshot somewhere but I can't find it!
Sometimes the G4 McDonalds are $10 apiece.

hyenacub:
5 thousand???  You know, I have got to think that some people are just trolling...no one can think that these guys ar worth that much!

Oh, a screengrab, good idea!  I'll do that, thanks.  c:

Kikwifluff:

--- Quote from: tailrustedtealeaf on September 19, 2018, 02:26:46 PM ---You can take screenshots and post those, I believe!  ^.^
There was that one from a few months ago of some really common G1s listed for $5k. The lot even included fakies. I'm fairly certain paradise-estate on Tumblr had a screenshot somewhere but I can't find it!
Sometimes the G4 McDonalds are $10 apiece.

--- End quote ---

I saw that one!!! I remember posting about it (I’m all the plastic ponies on tumblr)
I’ll go see if I can dig up my post!

heftysmurf76:
the craziest one I came across, (and forgive me because I don't have a link or screen grab) was for a "custom" apple delight with "hand painted and inserted eyes". It went on an on about all the hard work some customizer had done to inset the eyes and how they couldn't believe how pristine the paint job was....It was a lanard fakie with "glass" eyes

I emailed the seller with picture examples of the exact same pony trying to be nice and explain they had made a mistake, they emailed me back saying they KNEW the customizer and that I was just trying to get a deal out of them and that they weren't going to change the price, which incidently I can't remember I want to say it was like 50$ for this fakie that they wanted but I wrote them back and politely reiterated that I was just trying to help and I wasn't even the slightest bit interested in purchasing their item...

I wish them no ill will but I honestly don't know what to think of this person who was  apparently convinced that they had a one of a kind item despite me showing them examples of  mass produced duplicates of the very same item....

Lesson learned...don't try to help delusional people

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version