collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do/did you do G4?

Haven't burnt out yet!
22 (11.1%)
Started very intensely, experiencing fatigue
32 (16.2%)
Focusing on one character/line
15 (7.6%)
Very rare purchases
76 (38.4%)
I have stopped completely
29 (14.6%)
I've never started collecting G4
24 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Author Topic: How Many G4 Collectors Left?  (Read 11457 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: How Many G4 Collectors Left?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2018, 11:51:15 AM »
Still collecting, mostly filling gaps rather than expanding into new sets. As always, the price has to be right, and that's only been happening with new-old stock at the discounters. Now the G3 collection... that's expanding a lot more.

Never gave up, and still not sick of them! I love G4!

:shocked: That's like an army of armies!

World War 3 in Ponyland.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2018, 08:28:24 PM »
While G1 will always be tops for me I definitely am still collecting G4.   Amazon Canada currently has some insanely cheap prices so I've made some recent purchases (Seapony Fluttershy $2.34, plush bobbles $3, Celestia collector figure $8, playsets for under $8) and today found a Blossomforth on the shelf of a grocery store. 

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2018, 08:28:18 AM »
there are some pre-reboot i want to pick up (like styling sizes and water cuties), but otherwise i'm done with it... mostly because it started to become a pain to get them for a while, since there were no dedicated toy stores here for a year or so, and places like tesco got less and less... now we have 3 toy stores, but only one has an mlp shelf, and it's tiny and moves slowly... i think my last g4 i bought was the water cuties luna, though i got a plushie as a gift since. i also got some blind bags after that, but i don't have them anymore.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:30:05 AM by bladed »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2018, 07:21:14 PM »
Was never really interested aside from a few that I never ended up getting cuz money. I'm not a fan of the proportions of G4 ponies, but I've ended up with a few as gifts from people. 2 Blind bags and 2 of those Twisty Twirly Hairstyle ponies. Not a fan of the waxy yarn hair, but well.. they were gifts, I don't wanna be ungrateful. It's like McDonalds ponies, even if you actively try to avoid then, they still end up in your house.

Actually, I wonder if those Twisty Hair ponies can have normal hair inserted in place of the wool... they'd look so much nicer with normal hair but I don't have the patience to rehair, lol.
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2019, 03:18:32 AM »
I collect all gens including G4  although that was never my fave (due to the body proportions -  although G4 has the best show) . My focus is always more on G1 followed by G3, but I do have quite a lot of G4 too and I haven't given up collecting them. I have more of the early/rare release ones because I mostly don't bother with duplicate mane 6 anymore. If I see a new character then I'll get it (especially boys) , so I still check toy aisles hoping to find one ;)   .
 It's been a tough line to collect in the Uk  :drunk: :yikes:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Elva

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2019, 01:28:14 PM »
Random question in the first thread I found that was about G4; Are the new ponies with open mouths (?) and all new poses (also bigger heads?) considered G4.5? I think they're so cute, I like them a lot better than the ponies I've thought to be G4. They have always seemed to plain to me, no different poses or facial expressions. But today I saw this Fluttershy today at the store and fell in love! So darn cute :P

Sig by Strawberrysweets, thank you!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2019, 03:42:45 PM »
Random question in the first thread I found that was about G4; Are the new ponies with open mouths (?) and all new poses (also bigger heads?) considered G4.5? I think they're so cute, I like them a lot better than the ponies I've thought to be G4. They have always seemed to plain to me, no different poses or facial expressions. But today I saw this Fluttershy today at the store and fell in love! So darn cute :P

Yes, those are the G4.5s! I prefer these molds over the previous ones, too. I'm so happy that even though Hasbro is still churning out the same characters constantly, they at least have given us new and expressive poses now!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2019, 04:52:15 PM »

Yes, those are the G4.5s! I prefer these molds over the previous ones, too. I'm so happy that even though Hasbro is still churning out the same characters constantly, they at least have given us new and expressive poses now!
YES!! I'm not the only one!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2019, 05:04:29 PM »
I will buy a pony if it's a new character or if it's something unique that I find appealing. However, I really don't like the new body style so I'm really at the point of buying next to nothing in the G4 line anymore.

I did over christmas find a few of the oddball pearly characters at Family Dollar, so I tend to buy those that are not the main 6. But I'm really not buying the new stuff because all of it looks like the exact same thing over and over, it's just boring IMO.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2019, 07:33:28 PM »
I will buy a pony if it's a new character or if it's something unique that I find appealing. However, I really don't like the new body style so I'm really at the point of buying next to nothing in the G4 line anymore.

I did over christmas find a few of the oddball pearly characters at Family Dollar, so I tend to buy those that are not the main 6. But I'm really not buying the new stuff because all of it looks like the exact same thing over and over, it's just boring IMO.

:like: x 1 million
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2019, 08:54:52 AM »
I haven't collected actively in a very long time (G4's as well as other generations) but I do still technically consider myself a G4 collector even though I haven't actually bought anything G4 related in a few years.

I got properly fedd up with the line when the Mane 6 was released for about the billionth time and around the same time life got me out of pony collecting overall anyway.

I do plan on purchasing the G4's I'm interested in and still don't have at some point down the line. Like the pearlized singles that there's only 1-ish versions of and the Reboot series Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy as I do have an army of those two. But I definitely don't intend to get every last pony ever released from the G4 line as I've done with other lines. There's only so many doubles a girl can take...

This will all be yet further down the line, though.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2019, 04:04:51 PM »
Went back to collecting blind bags because of black friday deals. Now I'm just focusing on collecting Wave 19. Not going crazy over the search but I'm on the lookout.
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2019, 11:47:14 AM »
been here since G4 started.  tired out about a year or two ago when they stopped making non-mane-6.
however I DO like G4.5! so i got one of each character.
also very interested in the new G4.5 Fashion Style size ponies.  I might get one of each of those too.
sorta collecting the EG Minis.  maybe X)

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2019, 10:41:04 AM »
still collecting but I'm focused on the already scrapped action figure line. I gave up on brushables and stuck with the ponyville size. So I'm down to needing the last two of those playsets (rarity and canterlot) And the action fig line I have everything but the new CMCs. If something cute comes out I'll pick it up but I'm not a fan of the new blind bags or much on the market currently
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal