collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alt. Color schemes?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Alt. Color schemes?
« on: September 16, 2018, 03:47:19 PM »
I was wondering if you guys thought some ponies should have different colors or whole different color schemes :)

I think Scrumptious would look great if she was a watermelon pink.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Alt. Color schemes?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 03:48:38 PM »
I think Slugger should have been white, with red and white hair.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:24:11 PM »
The 35th anniversary repro Peachy would be so pretty with orange and dark pink hair!!!!

A lot of the flutter ponies have weird colour choices. Most disappointing imo is Lily ;( Because lilies are my favourite flowers! White body with light yellowy-orange hair would be pretty maybe.

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 12:10:09 AM »
G3 Sand Dollar. She's unique having a sand dollar for a symbol, I really like her. But why oh why did they give her that bright blinding fushia/purple colour combo? Why not a soothing ocean colour scheme? :sigh:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 01:49:39 AM »
Banana Surprise. Yellow and aqua? Yes. Yellow and pink? YES...albeit already achieved with cherry berry. But pink and aqua...? WHY??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 01:17:10 AM »
Any of the big brother ponies in pink/lilac in any way. Poor guys. Why so much pink? They are boys after all and can be manly; it's allowed. Encouraged even. Imagine Steamer (for example) in a lovely deep, dark blue instead. Now that would look so much better! And Slugger - in pink? - he just can't carry it off. Now if he were white with red hair, that would be more suitable in my opinion.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 09:12:47 AM »
That would have been awesome, like a baseball. Or maybe a light brown body like a baseball bat while his hair is white with a red stripe for the ball.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 03:59:23 PM »
That would have been awesome, like a baseball. Or maybe a light brown body like a baseball bat while his hair is white with a red stripe for the ball.
That would be awesome.

I think it's been discussed on here that Boysenberry Pie should have a white stripe in her hair?

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 06:50:56 PM »
In reference specifically to G3, this is my opinion of most of the line because they just seemed to land lackluster, almost non-creative because lolpink:

The first one that comes to mind is Strawberry Sunset. The pink is great, but the stand-alone yellow just doesn't fit. I'd sprinkle in some strawberry red, orange and some purple to make a sunset color palette.

Marshmellow Coco is nice as she is, but I would have preferred more of a REAL chocolate with marshmallow color scheme with some sort of pink color tossed in.

Along with Marshmellow Coco, Mochanut and Tira-Mi-Su should be more brown/tan, like tea. The pink is fine, but the blues and aquas are not-so-tea.

I wish G3 Rainbow Dash wasn't blue with the weird rainbow of hair. I wish she was a cloud gray body with a sky blue mane and a full rainbow tail in a vibrant color scheme and a rainbow cutiemark to match. I get the blue of her body for being "the sky", but I don't like what they did with separating out the different colors of hair between the mane and tail. When I think "Rainbow Dash", I think leaving a rainbow trail behind as she is trotting, and NO PINK.

Autumn Skye would have been great with a thin ruddy orange streak to match the one leaf on her flank, too.

Sweetberry is lovely as-is, but the purple seems a bit out of place. I would have nixed that and used a deeper green with the white, or used a deep strawberry red instead entirely.

Island Delight is another that is lovely as-is, but when I think "islands" it doesn't provoke the color purple immediately. I'd love to see her in a sandy color, but the solid color of the hair is perfect for a great contrast.

I'd switch the aqua on the cutiemark and the hair for silver/white on Tink-a-Tink-a-Too.

I would have dropped the pink on G3 Wysteria entirely.

Green Apple needed some apple green for her mane and tail.

Sweetsong would have been awesome with a more natural colored mandolin as a cutiemark to complement a nice blondish-brown mane and tail.

Peri Winkle needs more periwinkle. The white body is okay, but why name her that when the colors are aggressively closer to purple, blue and teal? I really dislike it.

Chocolate Delight should have had brown hair with a couple pink streaks, or a light brown body.

Sunrise Song needed a bit of yellow in her mane.

There are more that I would tweak, except for this list:
MAH PERNIEZ
Always and Forever
Spring Fever
Winter Snow
Brights Brightly
Pretty Pop
Most 2006 Pegasus ponies.
Snow'el v2 (the pegasus)
Misty Blue
Rainbowberry
Denim Blue
Rainbow Bubbles
Cinnamon Breeze
Dream Blue
Amberlocks
Seascape
Bumblesweet
Butter Pop
All Divine Shines
Starbeam
Valenshy
Tropical Surprise
Soda Float
Lolligiggle

The one that I just can't stand the redesign for is G3 Toola-Roola in 2008. They ruined a good thing, there, and nothing can save the redesign.

What chaps my burgers, though, is how Hasbro has been so afraid of using browns, tans and blondes across ALL generations. I get not really using black because it's so hard to work with or may just not appeal to a lot of people, but more neutral, natural colors in a pony scheme are really few and far between.

Okay, I get that "natural" doesn't necessarily equal "mystical" or "magical", but the majority of ponies have butt tattoos. I think using browns and blondes would have gotten a pass for that alone  :\
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:56:48 PM by Sweet Daes »

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 06:03:33 AM »
I rather like the pink boy ponies
Perhaps it's because of Tracks - a train-driving pink pony, what could be more of a selling point to a Dad with a pony-mad young daughter :)?  (or is that just my family........ :) )

And the glorious 80s OTT colour scheme of Fireball

I like Slugger as he is, he looks such a gentle soul with those dark blue eyes.

The pink boy pony I've got a rehair of is Daddy Bright Bouquet - he's now got burgundy hair with a gold streak, he looks fab with his make-over.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 01:15:37 PM »
Anyone that is orange with pink hair and vice versa, lol.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal