collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build a Bear weirds  (Read 3415 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Bear weirds
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 10:19:22 PM »
I get my B-A-B online so I don't have to do that dance, I find the dance weird, luckily if I ever go to a store (which I can't) and they ask me to do the dance; I think I can get away with it because I still look like I'm younger than I'm supposed to be.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 08:58:11 AM »
They usually assume I want to do it, I suppose. I first went to BaB as a teenager with a gaggle of friends, so it was both extremely embarrassing and kinda-sorta fun. Especially since I was the only one actually buying a bear! We went a few more times over the years, and since then the others bought bears too. And we all did the ceremony, haha.

I've been going a lot with my boyfriend lately, and we usually do it. Last time, he decided my bear (hammerhead shark, actually) was going to be his right before the ceremony, so I made him do the dancing. When the lady told him to jump up and down, I yelled at him to jump "faster!!" and I think we almost broke the bear builder from laughter :lol: Imagine a bald, 39 year old man jumping up and down with a stuffed shark...

So, I do the ceremony because it's fun to goof around with whoever I'm with. But if I were alone, I definitely wouldn't...Actually, I don't think I'd have the guts to walk into BaB alone :blush: I guess I'm weird like that...

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 02:56:46 PM »
I did the kiss the heart, spin on the spot and make a wish thing :P

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 08:06:41 PM »
I've been to BAB three times and have enjoyed doing the heart ritual each time. I see no harm in doing silly stuff in there--I figure it's important to maintain the immersion for little kids, if nothing else. That said, it's also important that they respect others' wishes if they don't want to do that. My bf did the heart ritual when we went to get bears together, but there's no way he would ever have done that alone and I would be upset if someone made him uncomfortable since he has anxiety about doing awkward stuff alone in public.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2018, 09:14:41 AM »
When I got my Fluttershy I never went through that and I never would no matter how much they tried to pressure me. Actually pressuring me would give me a panic attack so they're best off just not.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 01:09:49 AM »
I didn't know about this so now I need to find a BaB store :lol: I love doing silly stuff like this sometimes. I imagine the employees get tired of asking for the dance, especially when some customers might react less polite than others.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »
They will still sell you the stuffed animal without you having to do the ritual but the fact is, you're buying a stuffed animal, just do the dance.

If you've made it to being an adult, congratulations; stop worrying about what other people think of you.

Build a bear is like las vegas, what happens in BaB, stays in BaB.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 45 and I do the little stuffed animal give it a heart dance/silliness. It's kind of cute actually, and I don't really care if people think I'm weird...whatever, it's my toy and my life.

I've bought BAB alone, I've done the BAB dance with another pony collecting friend and last time i had a 7 year old cousin with me who got her own BaB when I got the last BaB pony.

But you don't have to do it if you don't want to, plus some build a bear have a section of already stuffed animals you can buy without having to go through the 'stuffing'. But heck, you're paying 20+ for a stuffed animal, I fricking want my money's worth and watch the person stuff it, etc.

So be fun...do the dance.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 05:17:07 PM »
If you really don’t like it you can just tell them that and they won’t make you! I personally don’t like it, I already get anxiety since I’m an adult in a kids store, the whole heart ceremony makes it so much worse
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 03:39:25 PM »
I did the Heart Ceremony today when I stuffed my Sunset Shimmer. The employee changed the traditional ceremony to make it specific to my new BAB pony at one point. He said "rub the heart on your leg because ponies run really fast" :lol:  I don't kiss the heart. I just hold it in my hands like the employees want and then put it in the animal.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 06:21:20 PM »
I worked at Build A Bear for a year and, even though it's been nearly 15 years, I can still remember the entire thing. I would always try to tailor the heart ceremony to the person getting the bear. Wear a sports shirt? Rub the heart on the logo. Going to prom (a couple came in to make matching bears)? Rub the heart on the corsage and cumberbun. Brought in by your parents? Rub it on Mom/Dad to make it a family event.
I get that it's silly and there were people who wanted to skip it and we would comply. But when we personalized the ceremony, everyone seemed to enjoy being a little silly where it was expected. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal